It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNN reveals new iPhone app that lets you become a reporter

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 01:04 AM
link   
Just saw this and thought it was a pretty good idea. With nearly half the worlds population owning an iPhone they might as well put it to good use.

The CNN app features live breaking news video, push notification, personalization and location tools, and the ability to capture and submit user-generated photos and (on the iPhone 3GS) videos for CNN iReport.

www.pcmag.com...

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 12:11 AM
link   
Half the world's population owning an iphone? They've sold just over 21 million units. Thats about 1/285, far from your 1/2...

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 03:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Schmidt1989

give it a few months.. anyway the point is virtually everybody has an iPhone now or will soon have one. and this app will allow people to report the news. i thinks its pretty inventive.

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by TiM3LoRd
reply to post by Schmidt1989

give it a few months.. anyway the point is virtually everybody has an iPhone now or will soon have one. and this app will allow people to report the news. i thinks its pretty inventive.

Weird... I have yet to see an iphone in person, and don't know anyone around here that owns one.

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 10:39 AM
link   
reply to post by TiM3LoRd

Well half the world is going a bit far I believe. I have an iPhone and I only know about 4 people who have one as well. I dont believe in time like you said that half the world will have one. 1. they are expensive and 2. they plans are expensive 3. not practical for some people IE construction workers...and there are more reasons...However I love my iPhone!! Its my second and the app store is addicting!! I will have to look at this app, if they want you to pay for it I will pass. I only do free apps, although I paid for iwobble...
its entertaining when you work in a bar.

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 10:48 AM
link   
I just looked and it's $1.99 more than I would spend for an app. The most common complaint was about the ADs go figure...ADs are horrible ESP when you pay for an app!! I also saw some werent happy with the videos. Are they youtube vids because the iphone doesnt play flash (apple and adobe are in some sort of battle over this hopefully we are able to get flash soon
)
Someone posted in the review part that they no longer have the live feed option and their review is from today. They just want your money IMO. I would rather watch it on TV than pay $2 dollars and get stuck with ads popping up all over. That would drive me nuts!
Looks like there is no search and no option for categories...

I think I will pass on this. I always read the reviews of users who have the app before I download any of them first.

top topics

join