It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mandatory flu vaccination splits workers

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Mandatory flu vaccination splits workers

www.newsday.com

Despite a planned rally in Albany Tuesday to protest a state regulation requiring health care workers be vaccinated against influenza — both seasonal and swine flu — New York’s top public health official predicts dissenters will ultimately extinguish their anger and roll up their sleeves.

The regulation, which was approved in August, comes with a stinging addendum: Get vaccinated or get fired.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 07:29 PM
link   
And now ladies and gentlemen, coming to a hospital, school or other government building, your H1N1 vaccine that you will need to save your life.

Your government is willing to cover the costs for this vaccine so that you don't have to worry about it. Yes, it is very generous of your government and your cooperation is appreciated. Please make a single file line so that we can begin to save your life.

Letting big brother take care of you is so much easier if you don't resist. If you resist, we will have to put you in these nice facilities that have been built to prevent the spread of illness and educate you on why the government is your friend, not enemy.

www.newsday.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 28-9-2009 by House Of Mirrors]

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Although not related it kind of reminds me of the invasion of the body snatchers movie where the government sets up mandatory vaccination checkpoints for everyone. Creepy. But on topic I find the information is slowly trickling out where more and more places with alot of population traffic are seriously considering or are implenting forced vaccinations. That being said I wonder if there are any plans for any company/corporation to not tell their employees untill the last moment and surprise them with a mandatory vaccination or be served with termination from their position. It'd really put people on the spot and I would think they would make sudden irrational desisions about the subject and just roll up their sleeve.

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 07:57 PM
link   

New York’s top public health official predicts dissenters will ultimately extinguish their anger and roll up their sleeves.

This is the quote that bothers me as well. Uneducated and uniformed people will read this and automatically assume the positives far outweigh the negatives and yes - they will roll up their sleeves.

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 07:59 PM
link   
reply to post by House Of Mirrors

My question, why the hype? Why the vaccine? This flu is milder than the seasonal flu, and there has never been the hype or panic.

So, I get suspicious.

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 08:38 PM
link   
reply to post by House Of Mirrors

so if 60% of health care workers stick together and walk out. so much for obamas quality health care reforms right ? who will replace them?
a bunch of scabs?

[edit on 28-9-2009 by randyvs]

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 08:44 PM
link   
S & F

This is just the tip of the iceberg. More hospitals, medical facilities (rehab, out-patient, eye care, etc..) will begin to require their employees (doctors, nurses, cleaning crews, cafe workers....) to have these shots. That is just scary. Are so many of us missing how bad this h1n1/sf thing is going to be or are the PTB hyping this up??

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Really. How long would that requirement stay in place if all those dissenters said fine, then I'm fired. How quickly would the health care system there last before grinding to a halt? A week?

I say go for it. If you can last a week or so without pay, stand your ground. En Mass, they need you more.

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 09:07 PM
link   
This only applies to hosipital workers. I think we are overeacting to this. There is not going to be mass riots and the government forcing needles in our arms. This is a private company wanting to protect their employees.

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 09:16 PM
link   
reply to post by poling2482

This only applies to hosipital workers. I think we are overeacting to this. There is not going to be mass riots and the government forcing needles in our arms. This is a private company wanting to protect their employees.

overreacting! are you freaking kidding me? one week, and i bet you won't even believe you said that.

[edit on 28-9-2009 by randyvs]

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 11:04 PM
link   
sorry but i beat ya to this post by about an hour

pretty messed up tho eh? (the shot thing)

existing thread

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 07:29 AM
link   
Too bad there isn't a "head banging against wall" animation I can insert here. My bad bro. I was seriously amazed no one had put this up even after looking at the firehose lists.... Ugh... Sorry man.

I will jump over to your post and update there. Glad to see others are staying on top of this h1n1 vac problem.

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 12:56 PM
link   
If anything, the strain is getting weaker not stronger. This is a knee-jerk reaction and the sole purpose of these is to give the drug company who made this strain (and the vaccine) their kickback. This was nothing more than a back door deal between greedy policiticians, lobbyists and the drug companies. Can't let a good virus go to waste, you know.

I work for a healthcare provider but not in a direct patient-care capacity. Fortunately where I live, we have not been required to take any flu vaccination. I just signed a waiver under assurances from the president of the orginization that these will be used for nothing more than to acknowledge that you did not take the flu vaccine. You should have seen their faces when I walked up to where they were dishing out the vaccine and I was asked "Are you here for the flu shot?" and I replied, "No, I'm here for the waiver." Everyone's head turned and looked at me like I was committing a crime. Made me want to

My healthcare provider is making it mandatory that you either take the shot or sign the waiver and failure to do either will result in suspension without pay beginning October 7th. 'X' amount of days later, you will be terminated for faliure to comply with a company directive (for which there is no policy).

My question for those who are reassigned or suspended, how long do they think the flu season will last? Certainly there has to be a time when this is no longer a concern. Just when exactly is that?

We no longer have freedoms in this country. You can't decide what's best for you anymore.

new topics

top topics

join