It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Apollyon, The bottomless pit and the Large Hadron collider

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 03:02 PM
link   
The collective consciousness of the human race seems to be sensing the end of all things. Ancient prophecy is taken seriously by many to justify that “feeling” of the approaching end to try and make sense of that feeling. People more so today than ever are also having a kind of lemming mentality where more than ever we destroy ourselves with our various addictions, wars and other assorted destructive behaviours too numerous to mention here. So does the end of all things approach?

I have studied ancient prophecy for a long time, and with all that I have researched, the biblical prophecies seem to give a more precise overview of the current time we live in right down to the very character of the people living in these times;

1This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come.
 2For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy,
 3Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good,
 4Traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God;
 5Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away.

That is indeed the state of the human race at this time.

During the course of my research I have found another interesting connection with which I want to bring to your attention. That is the connection with Abaddon and the bottomless pit and a possible otherwise unseen connection with the Large Hadron Collider.
I know this has been mentioned many times on many forums, and has been discussed in depth, but I decided to dig a little deeper to see what other connections I could find.
What I found kind of startled me. I found that the town that the LHC complex is situated-Saint Genis Pouilly-was in Roman times called Apolliacum, the town and a temple being dedicated to Apollyon.

APOLLYON. The Greek name, meaning "Destroyer," given in Revelation 9:11 for "the angel of the bottomless pit" (in Hebrew called Abaddon), also identified as the king of the demonic "locusts" described in Revelation 9:3-10...In one manuscript, instead of Apollyon the text reads "Apollo," the Greek god of death and pestilence as well as of the sun, music, poetry, crops and herds, and medicine. Apollyon is no doubt the correct reading. But the name Apollo (Gk Apollon) was often linked in ancient Greek writings with the verb apollymi or apollyo, "destroy." From this time of Grotius, "Apollyon" has often been taken here to be a play on the name Apollo. The locust was an emblem of this god, who poisoned his victims, and the name "Apollyon" may be used allusively in Revelation to attack the pagan god and so indirectly the Roman emperor Domitian, who liked to be regarded as Apollo incarnate.
(Anchor Bible Dictionary)
The text in Revelation 9 reads;

1And the fifth angel sounded, and I saw a star fall from heaven unto the earth: and to him was given the key of the bottomless pit.
 2And he opened the bottomless pit; and there arose a smoke out of the pit, as the smoke of a great furnace; and the sun and the air were darkened by reason of the smoke of the pit.
 3And there came out of the smoke locusts upon the earth: and unto them was given power, as the scorpions of the earth have power.
 4And it was commanded them that they should not hurt the grass of the earth, neither any green thing, neither any tree; but only those men which have not the seal of God in their foreheads.
 5And to them it was given that they should not kill them, but that they should be tormented five months: and their torment was as the torment of a scorpion, when he striketh a man.
 6And in those days shall men seek death, and shall not find it; and shall desire to die, and death shall flee from them.
 7And the shapes of the locusts were like unto horses prepared unto battle; and on their heads were as it were crowns like gold, and their faces were as the faces of men.

[edit on 043030p://f07Monday by Selahobed]

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 03:05 PM
link   
 8And they had hair as the hair of women, and their teeth were as the teeth of lions.
 9And they had breastplates, as it were breastplates of iron; and the sound of their wings was as the sound of chariots of many horses running to battle.
 10And they had tails like unto scorpions, and there were stings in their tails: and their power was to hurt men five months.
 11And they had a king over them, which is the angel of the bottomless pit, whose name in the Hebrew tongue is Abaddon, but in the Greek tongue hath his name Apollyon.

So is it coincidence that the LHC was located in the very place where a temple/town dedicated to the king of the bottomless pit or is it by design?
In fact, if you look at the LHC from the air it resembles a lock, it also resembles masonic symbology of the pyramid and the all seeing eye pointing towards the town that was dedicated to to the destroyer spoken of in Revelation. So is it the lock that the “star from heaven” is going to open? That star of course being Lucifer who fell from heaven corrupting mankind, our science to achieve his aim of destroying the apple of Gods eye-us.
As bottomless pits go, I cannot think of anything more bottomless than a black hole. A singularity that is infinitely dense yet infinitely small where the laws of physics breakdown.
The LHC will produce micro black holes that supposedly evaporate as quickly as they are formed. They also use outdated and debunked physics to justify that fact using Stephen Hawking's now debunked Hawking's radiation to prove their point. However scientists are merely flawed humans also and make many mistakes
Nostradamus even mentions something happening;

Leave, leave Geneva every last one of you,
Saturn will be converted from gold to iron,
Raypoz will exterminate all who oppose him,(?)
Before the coming the sky will show signs

The RAYPOZ being positive rays maybe?
So is the LHC the key to unlocking the so called God particle? Or is the key to unlocking the door to the bottomless pit? I guess we will see in time.

[edit on 033030p://f18Monday by Selahobed]

[edit on 033030p://f20Monday by Selahobed]

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 03:08 PM
link   
LHC from the air

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 03:10 PM
link   
LHC in relation to Saint Genis Pouilly. The LHC is directly behind the traffic island mid right hand side of the picture.

[edit on 033030p://f12Monday by Selahobed]

[edit on 033030p://f14Monday by Selahobed]

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 03:13 PM
link   
I usually don't bother with biblical predictions BUT:

3And there came out of the smoke locusts upon the earth: and unto them was given power, as the scorpions of the earth have power.

Is the locust a symbol for pestilence? What about the scorpion reference? What power does a scorpion or the symbol of a scorpion hold?

4And it was commanded them that they should not hurt the grass of the earth, neither any green thing, neither any tree; but only those men which have not the seal of God in their foreheads.

The seal of God? Forehead?

The pineal gland or the chakra?

Just a few thoughts, interesting thread.

[edit on 28-9-2009 by mr-lizard]

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by mr-lizard

Locust are usually the symbol of a destructive army that consumes all crops and food stuffs, bringing famine, and scorpions give painfull boil like stings that cause pain and sometimes death. So scarcity and pestilence it seems.

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 03:28 PM
link   
I just wish the thing would work to see if we can detect the Higgs boson.

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Toromos

Yeah, a part of me wants to see what happens to

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 03:37 PM
link   
I thought the star was wormwood not Satan. and the locusts with hair as women and breastplates of iron sound like rock musicians to me.

Edit: I could answer better if I could stop looking at your avatar.

[edit on 28-9-2009 by damwel]

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 03:44 PM
link   
You are a beautiful spirit that outshines many good luck in your readings The star ABBADON IS ALWAYS OVERLOOKED SAD INDEED CONSIDERING HIS JOB.

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by damwel

In biblical eschatology, star are usually equated to angels. The one spoken of in the text fell from heaven, so is a fallen angel, usually associated with the devil, and maybe marilyn manson.

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Selahobed
reply to post by damwel

In biblical eschatology, star are usually equated to angels. The one spoken of in the text fell from heaven, so is a fallen angel, usually associated with the devil, and maybe marilyn manson.

SOME ANGLES HAVE TO FALL TO GET HERE

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Selahobed
reply to post by damwel

usually associated with the devil, and maybe marilyn manson.

Marilyn Manson?

Are you being ironic or do you REALLy think M Manson is evil? It's an act, a way of making money and making himself famous. You don't really think he's evil do you??

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

The falling part is to rebel, fall from favour and be ejected from heaven, the other angels are "sent" and not "fallen".

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by mr-lizard

No
, was just joking

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 04:05 PM
link   
I have put this in the wrong place, could the mods move this thread to the conspiracy and religions section?
Thanks in advance.

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 04:11 PM
link   
whee, this here be a topic i have done some studying about.

okay, note how it says there are 4 angels bound in the euphrates river and that they are going to be loosed ? they are bound in the bottomless pit, which is under the euphrates. how do i know this? well, i have to start at the beginning...

one day while trying to figure out what the bottomless pit was, i noted that in the original greek it meant ABYSS. so i followed this abyss word around till i ended up in ancient sumerian texts, with a thing known as the ABZU. there was more than one ABZU but the big ABZU was clearly the reference to the bottomless pit. this is where things get interesting.....

the big abzu was so big, it allowed passage of a huge metal floating, flying, roaring, glowing, advice giving, human snatching, temple, called the E.ABZU, and in fact, it was clearly on the floor of the persian gulf. since the time of ancient sumer, the euphrates river has extended itself and the shoreline of iraq, out into the persian gulf by 69 miles! so theoretically, the big abzu/abyss/bottomless pit, is under the euphrates river today.

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Hi SelaHobed:

In the Apocalypse of Yohnanon the Levite (aka the Book of Revelation) written / compiled during the middle of the 1st Jewish War against Rome (AD 66-AD72) contains the following verses in chapter 9:7-11 (although there are only about 4 major MSS of this book, so it is hard to draw implications)

'And the Locusts had a King (Heb. Melek) over them who was the Angel (Heb. Malak) of She'ol whose name in Hebrew is Abba Do'qon and whose name in Greek is Apollyon.'

The Aramaic term 'Abba Do'qon' (lit. 'Father of Destruction', see the Aramaic Targum of Job 26:6 and Proverbs 15:11 similar to the She'ol of Abba Do'qon that we see in the Dead Sea Scrolls) is what is being referred to by the Greek 'Apollyon' (from Gk. Apollumi /. Apollluyo i.e. 'to ruin utterly, destroy')

In Homeric poetry, Apollyon is a Plague-Bearer god with a silver arrow i.e. in his role as the Destoyer and this could be extended to a Ruiner [i.e. of Crops] associated with swarms of crop eating locusts who leave a trail of destruction behind. Clearly the writer is using the image of warfare where what is left after battles is utter ruin ('it looked like a war zone') such as we see in the American midwest after a large tornado hits a town. Earlier depictions of an 'Apollon' god showing him 'warding off locusts'...or maybe just manipulating their flight.

Either way, the author uses the older form of the name APOLLYON in his earlier role as Destroyer, something which aptly describes the failed 1st Jewish War against Rome.

The later mytholigical rendition of the name (Apollon) in Greek after 500 BC reflected the softening of his originally cruel character which merged with Phoebus and Helios the sun gods in different places, hence Phoebus Apollo. Even the later poetry loving Apolllo still managed to destroy his boy lover Hyacinthus (albeit accidentally) when his discus was thrown too far and hit his pretty-boy in the face.

The Aramaic is derived from the Paleo Hebrew root 'D-Q-N' meaning 'to destroy utterly'--which is alas, what exactly happened to Judaea in AD 70 when the Roman Armies ground Jerusalem to a fine powder only leaving the western retaining wall to the Fortress of Antonia standing, which the Romans would say later, 'to show what size of a city Roma had destroyed by the might of her gods...'

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 04:21 PM
link   
None of this makes any sense, UNLESS...

You believe in the bible. Or if you believe a god exists, or gods exist, or believe anything that the Mayans said about their calendar, or anything any sort of scripture says.

Otherwise, it's nonsense. I believe it's nonsense. I can't wait for the LHC to go at full power one day. The findings will hopefully answer particle physics' biggest question. Other than that, nothing will happen.

No black holes. No end of the world. Nothing. Instead of reading a the bible perhaps you should look into a science magazine. They have color pictures, too!

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Sigismundus

hey there!
now you just gotta read my ridiculously long thread
about this topic, but don't stop to respond till you've read the whole thing -- all 228 pages of it. hehe make notes, then post your notes! it'll be good info that people who are interested in this topic, will really enjoy!

www.abovetopsecret.com...

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join