It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We so need ID cards Gordon!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 04:09 AM
link   
The news recently in the UK has been quite busy showing how illegal immigrants and potentail illegal imigrants are in our scoiety and in fact doing quite well for themselves thank you very much.

The first story was that France have just cleared the "Jungle" in Calais, hundreds if not thousands of people all waiting for an opportunity to get into the UK, dont know why, its bad enough here for all of us. So I guess in a week or so, we will see a Panorama doc about how these people are still able to enter the UK illegally, so thats the danger bit, and these people could well be the next wave of terrorists.

Then we get the story that will hit us in the pocket and our head, that these immigrants are actually doing quite well in the UK, the cheeky little buggers.

Lady Scotland Employs Illegal Immigrant

And today we get yet another shocking story, of another illegal immigrant doing very well.

Face of Tesco is Illegal Immigrant

So my guess is that soon, something will happen that will be cruel or nasty, such as murder etc.

Then we will all turn to government and ask for ID cards, so that we can be safe, and to stop these illegal immigrants, doing alright for themselves as the face of Tesco's and working for the top people in government.

Its back on the agends guys, you watch.

[edit on 28-9-2009 by multichild]

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 04:17 AM
link   
its never gone off the agenda under Gordon Brown. Maybe the only good thing about our next masters the Torries will be the scrapping of the ID card's. Although when in power, the Torries may actually like the idea of ID cards and DNA data bases.

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 04:27 AM
link   
I know, i couldn't believe the story either when I saw it this morning, kinda reminds me of that actor from Eastenders that was an illegal immigrant yet still managed to land himself a decent acting job.... well till he got deported back but that should be standard, I really think we need to be a little more like Australia and refuse to accept any of them lol

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 04:41 AM
link   
Nuh uh, no way am I getting an ID card....bloody waste of money more than anything, not to mention the fact that you've got ALL of your personal/medical info in one place for someone to steal.
And for the people who say that it'll cut down on illegal immigrants, 1. I don't believe that it will - if folks are desperate enough to cross deserts to reach Europe (more here), then I reckon they're gonna find a way to make fake ID cards and 2. oh no, people whose lives are waaay worse than ours are attempting to create a more bearable way of living for themselves and their families! Quick! Where's the shotgun!?

[edit on 28/9/09 by XHellcatX]

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 05:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by woodwardjnr
Maybe the only good thing about our next masters the Torries will be the scrapping of the ID card's.

Thats actually quite a refreshing thing to hear, especially with the well proven issue in the states that no matter who you vote in, if TPTB want it, they get it.

I certainly wouldnt want an ID card, but i fear that once big buisness start upping their game, by not allowing you to shop, enter or recieve anything without an ID card, that I fear is the end to all those who will not have it.

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 05:16 AM
link   
Yep the sooner we get these little Id/dna cards the better We can all skip around the town swiping are way into out of the local shopping areas no need for CCTV/surveillance systems. Don't renew it and get banged up for a couple off days.. There, That will teach you law abiding citizens not to forget. Bye the way there's a couple off endorsements and a 500 pound fine for your neglectful manner... no Big macs for you my son ROLMAO

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 05:26 AM
link   

illegal immigrants and potentail illegal imigrants are in our scoiety and in fact doing quite well for themselves thank you very much.

The potential illegals in Calais are doing quite well for themselves!? Sure if sleeping in a box and eating garbage is "quite well".

Oh the Tesco checkout girl, yes I can see where her close to minimum wage job is probably letting her live the high life in the UK.

And then there is the maid, cleaning up after the rich must be a dream job, must be why lots of English are rushing into that lucrative career field.

As for ID cards, worst idea ever, unless of course you welcome all the government intrusion to keep you safe from those EVIL immigrants.

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 05:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Merigold

Hi Merigold, I think being the poster girl for Tesco's is quite a good job actually if you've got the face so to speak. it doesnt do Kate Moss any harm, when she's the poster girl for a jean company, and it hasnt done a few others any harm either with their marketing exploits.

I doubt she still doing checkout work, and imagine the work that will follow, and as for the maid, working for a government minister is quite a lot better id say than working at a mars bar packing factory, or stuck in a box in calais.

the post was in honesty a snipe at the ID card, i wouldnt want it for the world, but i fear its going ot be dragged back into the popular agenda, and pushed on us more.

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 07:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by woodwardjnr
its never gone off the agenda under Gordon Brown. Maybe the only good thing about our next masters the Torries will be the scrapping of the ID card's. Although when in power, the Torries may actually like the idea of ID cards and DNA data bases.

I don't think the Tories will scrap ID cards at all. They might "alter" the legislation, but they will find a way so as not to have to pay out any money in cancellation penalties to companies who were expecting to get the contracts that Labour are advertising for at the moment.

After all they have started advertising ID cards now and civil servants will do anything so as to not look foolish. See:

www.kable.co.uk...

Also Chris Grayling (the shadow home secretary) has said that the NIR will be scrapped, by he added that the UK will need to issue "biometric" passports (and by this I presume he means "fingerprints) in order for the bearer to travel to the USA. But The USA currently takes flat fingerprints from non-US-citizens entering the country (although it doesn't take them from US passport holders, and has announced no plans to issue fingerprint passports to Americans). I've seen no evidence that the US plans to treat non-US citizens differently at immigration control depending on whether they do or don't carry fingerprint passports. There are plenty of countries that have no announced plans to issue fingerprint passports.

I do wonder where Chris Grayling got the idea that the USA will make it harder to get into that country if you're a non-US citizen without a fingerprint passport.

Without this reason for issuing fingerprint passports, Mr Grayling's justification for spending £3bn-odd on the infrastructure to issue them disappears.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 03:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by XHellcatX
Nuh uh, no way am I getting an ID card....bloody waste of money more than anything, not to mention the fact that you've got ALL of your personal/medical info in one place for someone to steal.
And for the people who say that it'll cut down on illegal immigrants, 1. I don't believe that it will - if folks are desperate enough to cross deserts to reach Europe (more here), then I reckon they're gonna find a way to make fake ID cards and 2. oh no, people whose lives are waaay worse than ours are attempting to create a more bearable way of living for themselves and their families! Quick! Where's the shotgun!?

[edit on 28/9/09 by XHellcatX]

I believe the UK ID card has been cloned already and it hasn't even been "launched" yet.

Take a look at this, it's two months old now, but all the facts are still there. And it shows what the card looks like:

news.bbc.co.uk...

What I simply don't understand is why the UK government is so keen on foisting this on the people. They are willing to spend an inordinate amount of money (EVEN IF IT IS NOT THEIR MONEY THEY ARE SPENDING, BUT MONEY EXTORTED FROM THE PEOPLE) and even forgo the chance of being the government again in 2010, and they are not letting the fact that by far most people are against such idiocy.

What do you think is their game?

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 05:01 AM
link   
In the US a number of states have come up with and implemented Driver licenses in the last 30 years to stop counterfiting by illegals and to this day none of them have worked and the illegals have used them to get jobs and open bank accounts.

The only people that can spot them as fake are the cops and that is only after the run a records check in the state computer system.

Its likely in the UK only the cops will know that the national ID cards are fake and that would make them worthless in stopping there use for getting jobs or to stop terrorist.

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 11:30 AM
link   
oh noooo the scary scary immigrants can get jobs! oh nuuuuuuuuuuuuuu
lets all get id cards before they all turn into terrorists! ahhh

top topics

join