It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Irish Lake Monster Video

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 02:34 AM
link   

On Thursday, September 17, 2009, individuals associated with the Centre for Fortean Zoology, including Jon and Corinna Downes, Tony “Doc” Shiels, and allegedly holding the camera, 19-year-old Max Blake, were above Lady’s View in County Kerry, Eire, viewing and filming the water below. The spot they were at overlooks the three lakes of Killarney. On the upper lake, they report obtaining some images of anomalous objects that appear to be animate.

Shiels has traditionally been charged with staging some dubious photographs and events in the past, developed out of his gaff-trickster background. He has made no apologies or confirmation of his creation of past cryptotheater events, and yet, has been mysteriously out of the limelight in recent years, since much was written about him. Mark Chorvinsky (1954 -2005), the late editor/publisher of Strange Magazine, carried on a decade-long debunking of the Loch Ness and Owlman work of his fellow magician, Englishman Doc Shiels. Others appeared to agree with Chorvinsky’s conclusions.

"An eccentric named Doc Shiels produced several dramatic examples in the late 1970s and early 1980s, most of them shot in Falmouth Bay during a wave of sightings of the local ‘sea giant’, Morgawr; but a lengthy investigation later suggested that Shiels’s long-necked, double-humped monsters were plasticine shapes placed on a plate of glass and held between the camera and the horizon….Doc, incidentally, has never confessed to this forgery, nor to charges that he similarly hoaxed his well-known photos of the Loch Ness Monster and rather obscure snapshots of fairies."
~ Mike Dash, Borderlands

Jon Downes acknowledges that background of Shiels, in passing, during his long introduction to this footage.

Without verifying the reliability of the footage, nevertheless, it is shown here, which, if it is not created out of digital magic, at least, is worthy of further review and critical examination.

Downes and his companions appear to have stumbled onto something on the surface of it that looks remarkable, and they have moving digital images to back it up for analysis.

What do you think

www.cryptomundo.com...

Link to video
www.youtube.com...

Could they be birds taking off and landing?
Even if they are that cant explain the Torpedo thing, cant it?
Why didnt they try and get closer once the objects were first spotted?

[edit on 28-9-2009 by FoxMulder91]

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Very interesting video.

As an aside - though related - my wife and I were on holiday in County Cork some years ago (I think it was 2003) and I happened to hear on the local radio that sonar research done for the purposes of gauging fish stock in a Kerry lake had picked up something around thirty feet long. Where was this lake?

Mucross. The same lake in the video.

Food for thought...

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Very good find S&F for you! Really remarkable footage. There are really some huge unknown creatures in that lake!

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Interesting...kinda.

But what turned off the lights for me was the speed of the 'object'...

Watch the video at (well,watch the whole thing actually...) 6:45. Do you know how fast an object underwater would need to travel to create a water disturbance as seen on the video...

I don't have the formula, but I'd say pretty damn fast...

It's a bird...

Either way...thanks for the vid.

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Im skeptical about this video for a couple of reasons..why didnt they keep on filming for longer? Why did they remain so far away?

Something to note also, I read someones comment on another board and they said to watch the video with the sound off at least for the first time so you dont let the narrator influence what you are seeing.

Also I noticed a spelling error in my first post I meant to say can* it? not cant it..haha

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 11:48 AM
link   
kinda looks like jet skiis to me (the speed) and some big fish making the circular ripples, nothing interesting.

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by GezinhoKiko
kinda looks like jet skiis to me (the speed) and some big fish making the circular ripples, nothing interesting.

Unless im missing something I dont see how the could be jet skis...

[edit on 2-10-2009 by FoxMulder91]

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 05:23 AM
link   
reply to post by FoxMulder91

How dont you see it could be jet skiis? The lines that are shown in the video replicate exactly what jet skiis leave behind them.

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 06:49 AM
link   
reply to post by GezinhoKiko

I guess the jet skier run out of fuel after speeding for only five seconds........

Before offering alternative, conventional explanations, please give some thought as to their plausibility.

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by micpsi

i did give it thought, how about he fell off? did you think that was possible? come on this aint no monster, stop grasping at straws. If it was a monster dont you think the cameraman would be focusing on just that "monster" area? or even run down to get closer? no he stays all the way up there and gets a far away distant shot of nothing!! sorry, im a believer but videos like this just make us look like fools, even bigger fools when we believe them.

Also after 56 seconds of the "torpedo" the cameraman blatantly turns away from it, why would you do that? a monster isnt interesting enough to film?
[edit on 4-10-2009 by GezinhoKiko]

[edit on 4-10-2009 by GezinhoKiko]

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by GezinhoKiko
reply to post by FoxMulder91

How dont you see it could be jet skiis? The lines that are shown in the video replicate exactly what jet skiis leave behind them.

Wouldnt you be able to see the Jet skis and the people riding them?

[edit on 5-10-2009 by FoxMulder91]

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Why didnt he get closer? This is as bad as the usual youtube ufo footage.

[edit on 5-10-2009 by VitalOverdose]

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Funny how near the beginning with the first big action the 'creature' is just about to reach the shore and the camera turns away and never looks back. It's also funny how when the remarkable things started happening, the camera kept drifting down towards the ground. And it's even funnier how they never get closer. I actually agree that it was Jet ski's. Apparently it's a popular tourist spot, and the skimming to the edge on the right was a guy going to shore, and the other parts were jet skiier's. Some of the smaller parts were birds fishing.

Having said all this, it's actually the best footage I've seen in a long time. Most is complete and utter garbage. At least this was something of substance.

[edit on 6-10-2009 by Ajax]

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 08:53 AM
link   
At least when you see UFO footage of out of focus lights / objects theres an excuse for not being able to get any closer. If whet the guy was filming here really was something amazing them there is nothing i can see stopping him from walking to the lake to get a better look.

IMO he either knew what it was or he got closer and found out it was nothing out the ordinary. I think this is an attempt to deceive.

new topics

top topics

join