It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Odd Markings In China... Signal to passing space craft?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 07:01 AM
link   
I also found a possible Wind Farm and Solar panels here 40°30'46.65"N 93°14'31.30"E I also have some pictures of the buildings in the immediate area if you want to see them.

Hump

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 07:10 AM
link   

The Solar Panels are to the right of this one.

Hump

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 07:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Hump01

Thank you Hump!

Those are some nice images. And right on time

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Fascinating Find

Those white lines could also be used for this:

Recognizing white line markings for vision-guided vehicle navigation by fuzzy reasoning

www.sciencedirect.com... 1046595036&_rerunOrigin=google&_acct=C000050221&_version=1&_urlVersion=0&_userid=10&md5=aa14732c7de6ec59c71f306b7a349fd5

Wei LiCorresponding Author Contact Information, E-mail The Corresponding Author, Goutao Lu and Yongqiang Wang

Department of Computer Science and Technology, Tsinghua University, Beijing 100084, China

Received 15 October 1996;
revised 19 June 1997.
Available online 12 May 1998.

Abstract

This paper presents a new method for recognizing white line markings for navigation of an autonomous vehicle that operates in out-door environments. A fuzzy-reasoning-based general technique for edge detection is used to classify a pixel in an image into a border region or a uniform region based on luminance differences between this pixel and its neighboring pixels. The idea of this paper is to integrate special knowledge about white line markings into a fuzzy rule base using this general technique. The method is implemented on the THMR-III mobile robot, and experiments show that this method is robust to noise and environment changes.

Author Keywords: Image processing; Fuzzy reasoning; Robot vision; Navigation; Autonomous vehicle

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 10:53 PM
link   
The characters in this pic that posted say "Geography Museum"

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 10:58 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Could it be pqrt of the building that held the Olypics in?

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Those white lines remind me of a road map of a city. Obviously an old city with roads every which way, rather than a more modern one.

If that idea has some merit, consider that we might have to look at this image from another direction -- or another way up, to put it simply. It all depends on the direction of approach for whoever might be flying in.

Question: if push came to shove, which old city might the Chinese really want to bomb?

Regards,

Mike

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 05:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Somamech

Interesting concept and a good find, but in this case I doubt that it would apply. This is because the mysterious Chinese image is composed entirely of white lines, rather than the thin white marking lines (lane lines and border lines) that are painted on many roads. The research you cited refers to attempts to develop a system whereby a robot vehicle can recognize the white lines that are painted on roads in order that it is able to operate in a real-world environment. If roads were completely painted white that would be a different scenario entirely.

There is a detailed pdf document that reports this research (including all the formulae and methodology employed), that makes it quite clear that the THMR-III mobile robot experiments were conducted on what correspond to ordinary roads, with the usual white line markings -- and not on roads that are painted completely white.

The document authored by Wei li and two others begins with this statement in its introduction:

Detection of white line markings on streets is one of the most important steps in robot motion...

They then go on to explain the problem in detail and their experiments in finding a solution.

But all the same, it was worth mentioning. My own feeling is that as the Chinese went to so much time and effort to create these odd patterns, they may well be modeled on actual road networks somewhere. It seems more valid to me that they would use a real-life "road grid" rather than something totally random...

Some might argue that if they did so then they'd lose an element of secrecy. True, but on the other hand they know full well that their activities are observed by others, and even though we might not know exactly what those patterns of lines are, I am quite sure that there are people outside of the PRC who do.

There are circumstances when it can be most useful to let the other side know something about what you are doing.

Okay, my own hypothesis could be equally off the wall, but I do find it telling that the apparently older white-line grid -- now partially covered by alluvial deposits -- was created with a border, while the more recent one was not. It seems to me that the older one may also have been fashioned after a real-world city's road layout, but for technical reasons they felt the need to provide it with a border. Perhaps -- just perhaps! -- they managed to then advance their technology to the point where they could set up a new "road grid" without any border. After all, in the real world, there are few cities that have a nice big rectangle enclosing everything...

Is there any kind of image-matching software available that would allow us to load a copy of that mysterious grid of lines and then see if a matching one can be found on the Web? That would be worth doing if it can be done.

Alternatively, Zorgon, it might even be worth starting a new thread with those two "grid" images and ask members if they either recognize them or can locate them. We have huge resources available in our membership and they just might have an answer. They might also be able to show that they are something completely different, which I wouldn't mind at all, providing we get some kind of definitive answer.

Best regards,

Mike

Edited for typos.

[edit on 24/10/09 by JustMike]

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 06:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Exuberant1

And this is not a bad thing. Not all conspiracies are bad; especially when it come to protecting secrets from the prying eyes who scan google earth. Google conspires with us to conceal certain sites, so it should come as no surprise that other nations (even Asian ones) also enter into such conspiracies with google to have their sites concealed from our prying eyes - Using older or lower quality images to do this is a less conspicuous manner to hide things

[edit on 28-9-2009 by Exuberant1]

lol.. i think you just figured out how Google made all their money

"Hey China, whatcha gonna pay us to hide this area from prying eyes, hmm?"

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by JustMike

Nice work on that and I must say I was more floating the idea mate rather than saying this is how it is

Working where I work I only see un-classified but in saying so I do see how much money is spent on the mentioned.

Seeing no-one reads this thread I can tell you that Orbital Space Based weapons are made in Adelaide OZ.

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Now could those weapons be using that grid point as a calibration ?

If one was to believe that then most of what you read on ATS would be thrown out of the window as the cover up reach's much deeper on this rock than what most like to believe

and that is where I stand on this issue

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Somamech
reply to post by JustMike

Nice work on that and I must say I was more floating the idea mate rather than saying this is how it is

Working where I work I only see un-classified but in saying so I do see how much money is spent on the mentioned.

Seeing no-one reads this thread I can tell you that Orbital Space Based weapons are made in Adelaide OZ.

Wait...China has spaced based weapons??? and the Ozzies are building them for the Chicomms??

You Ozzzies best remember who your friends are...

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 12:15 PM
link   

circular landing strips around Area 51

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by TheIrvy

OK just went to Google Earth and put in those quarduents (SP?) and there is nothing for miles around those markings. The markings are there on the ground. Try it for yourself. Not photoshop at all. No idea what they are but if they are building WAY out there I gotta ask, how do you get water and power way out there?
40' 27'02.68N 93' 44' 37.82E try it. Not photoshop.

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 05:00 PM
link   
I would like to urge everyone to have a look at this;

40°22'32.88"N 93°50'46.01"E

These coordinates show by far the strangest structure in the area!

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 03:37 PM
link   
I just saw this on CNN today, that took some years, Zorgon

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Acharya
I just saw this on CNN today, that took some years, Zorgon

Yeah well.. we all know how slow MSM is compared to us

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join