It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unemployment at 52.2%, for young adults, no joke.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by wisdomnotemotion

This isn't a webot, News of the World, or psychic prediction.

It's The New York Post.

And how much do you want to bet that it won't be mentioned AT ALL in the MSM!!!

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 12:50 PM
link   
I really hope the government is concerned about this because having large numbers of disenfranchised, unemployed and unhappy young people is EXACTLY how revolutions happen.

All we need now is a strong political leader to entice these people to action and we have trouble on our front steps.

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Shadowflux

My concern is that these disenfranchised youths are going to be Obama's army.

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by mikerussellus

Not unless Obama starts giving them what they want. A stable economy and plenty of job opportunities with good pay, benefits, security and room for promotion.

Obama may have gotten a lot of people behind him while he was running but he did it the same way most politicians do, by promising all sorts of vague things that became buzz words like "Change".

Young people are already better informed and more connected to each other than previous generations and I've noticed a lot of dissent among people on the internet.

Young people need to feel that there is a future for them to pursue and feel less like we sold everything off before they had a chance.

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 02:39 PM
link   
looks lke things are the same in England, young adults like myself cant find work its really hard what can you do other than keep searching. i am glad its hard for my generation to get a job maybe we can change, maybe we can see the mistakes and have the courage to change it.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join