It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unemployment at 52.2%, for young adults, no joke.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 10:56 AM
link   

The unemployment rate for young Americans has exploded to 52.2 percent -- a post-World War II high, according to the Labor Dept. -- meaning millions of Americans are staring at the likelihood that their lifetime earning potential will be diminished and, combined with the predicted slow economic recovery, their transition into productive members of society could be put on hold for an extended period of time.

Here's the complete article
www.nypost.com...

All I have to say is that the Obama administration wanted this. They planned for it, and it's working perfectly for them.
No one in DC can be THAT stupid.

Below, a small comment from the Obama administration. . .

[edit on 27-9-2009 by mikerussellus]

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Its the same in all countries I believe. Young people have a hard time finding jobs.

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Copernicus

According to the article the levels have never been this high. At least not since WWII.

Picture it getting worse. 00.02

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by mikerussellus

I don't think they are stupid, dishonest in their motives, YES.

Let's all HOPE that the savior can bring about CHANGE, while I still have some left in my pockets.

Thanks for submitting this MR...

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by pyrytyes

Thanks for replying.

The way I see it (granted, a conspiracy of sorts) is the more people that have to rely on the government, the more people who will support this man and agenda.

Who wants people working? When they work, they don't rely on government handouts, they don't rely on government to buy their food, housing, medical expenses.

They become independant, and start thinking for themselves. The folks in DC can't have this. Because it would make them irrelevant. They need people who need them, worse than a junkie craves heroin.

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 11:44 AM
link   
War with Iran and a huge large pool of unemployed young men to draft. Sounds great!

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 11:46 AM
link   
change it to "unemployment at 52.2% for young adults, no joke" or something

when I saw the title I thought, holy crap.

link   
Here's another ongoing thread-

www.abovetopsecret.com...

And what I thought of the topic-

I know that these current times effect everybody to a different level of degree but as far as the area that I live in, we can't get any menial labor help to even show up for work. Our local fast food resturants(ie-Taco Bell)
have had to close their doors and only keep the drive-thru open due to nobody showing up to work. Other places of buisnesses that open up in this area are short lived because they can't find any help.
We have two 'temporary work' services in the area which I surely didn't think would be able to thrive since there was so much need for full time employment in the area but they did due to the reason that I concider to be sheer laziness! I came to find out that the people that use these services for employment only do so because they can get paid daily and work whenever their heart desires.
-Here's an article on our schooling systems contributing to the fact
www.economist.com...

-I love this lady's idea and reasoning
www.redding.com...

Thirty-six years have passed and America has asked nothing of the 18- to 24-year-old crowd. Home life has changed, too. Very few children are required anymore to roll up their sleeves and apply elbow grease for the benefit of the family. Parents are busy, kids are overscheduled, many eat what they want, go to bed when they please, and most don't know the first thing about handling tools, preparing a meal, even running a vacuum cleaner. We have become a nation of largely apathetic, mostly overweight youth who have few skills beyond running personal electronic devices.

-I also love the term 'mini couch potatoes' in this one
www.dailymail.co.uk...

Scientists claim there is an epidemic of 'mini-couch potatoes' at risk of chronic health problems in later life.

-And last but not least, a kid's point of view
www.theonion.com...

Hello, reader! I am a young boy from the United States, and like most other American children such as me, it seems there is nothing I enjoy more than lazing about from morning until night, eating sweets, and wantonly disrespecting the wishes of my elders.

I don't feel that we have a problem with youth unemployment as we have a problem with youth work ethics. No matter how technology advanced our society gets, there will always be the need for menial labor.
The work is there, well at least in my neck of the woods.

link   
When they say 'young' americans, are they talking teens, or 20's to 40's? 52 percent seems way off, according to an article i read here last week, unemployment being at 9.7 percent. thats a hUGE difference. if it is 52 percent, for everyone, half of the continental united states would be living in the strets, in the woods, so the 52 percent seems off*

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Zosynspiracy

Yup. Or Obama's civilian corps. What better way to garner an army than provide the only outlet for food, money, shelter, etc.

"By the pricking of my thumbs,
Something wicked this way comes.
Open, locks,
Whoever knocks!" -

-- William Shakespeare

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by ziggy1706

I believe the article stated the data for ages 16-24.

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 11:53 AM
link   
the other thing is, usualy how it works, is comapnys and corporation will get rid of the older, overpayed employees, to bring in the younger generation fresh bllod. They may have graduated college, but WILL work for less pension, salary, and benefits..usualy thats how it works. My father was layed off back in 2001, from Olin corporation. They manufacture, ammunition for the army, popular chlorine for pools, other things, contracts with governemnt. HE was with them for over 30 years, and one day, to save coasts, pink slip time. COuldnt have been a worse time, since my mom was dying of cancer at the time. He worked in data pracessing department..whne he went ot college, that was the technology back then, late 60's early 70's. By 2001, they had replaced everyone with computers* computers dont need a paychekck, or life support options* HE was about 52 when layed off. Went to 7 or 8 different computer comapnys with resume and all..one guy was honest with him..look, i'll be honest and blunt pal..yuor too old* thats societys view of someone, at least at hiring and companys policys modern day* its what i call silent discrinimation of age*
He was eventually able to get a job...driving an effin school bus for kids. he got his CDL that late in life(he already knew how to drive manual transmission cars, and being in the army and reserves, he drove army trucks time to time) had the experince.

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by geo1066

Thanks geo, should've run a search before hand.

Mods, if you feel that this is a duplicate, end the thread.

Humble apologies

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 11:58 AM
link   

The sad fact is, no one is hiring at all. Fast food may be the exception. I know they're always looking for people in my neck of the woods.

Businesses are being cut with an increase in taxes, higher minimum wages, and the sad fact that no one is spending money anymore.

It's only getting worse, despite what you hear on the MSM.

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by mikerussellus

To indoctrinate and control the youth of this country by using them in obama's

Civilian Core in exchange for food and shelter. To create a Civilian Core force

as strong as our military? What is this guy planning behind the scenes? ^Y^

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Hmm...

Interesting how we keep hearing reports of the economy recovering when, in reality, it is still plummeting. I will never understand how deceit and denial is going to benefit anyone. Especially regarding something that affects absolutely everyone living within the constraints of society.

My roommate is moving to the States (from Canada). In all honesty, out of 'the Western world' (directly involving the UK, US and Canada in this case), Canada is probably doing the best as far as employment...though I do not know the statistics. This is simply based off of what I have observed. I think it is a shame that she is falling for the ideal that the situation is improving...and not only her, but so many others.

Thank you for the statistic update!

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by amari

Originally posted by mikerussellus

To indoctrinate and control the youth of this country by using them in obama's

Civilian Core in exchange for food and shelter. To create a Civilian Core force

as strong as our military? What is this guy planning behind the scenes? ^Y^

Interesting point. Scare the youth with the idea that they will be unable to obtain employment, and BAM! Automatic soldiers. It would certainly seem like a wise choice, and possibly the only choice for some. The only other choice being retail, for the most part. So is it actually a plot to recruit troops, or is the situation truly diminishing?

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by mikerussellus

If this is true, war or massive riots will occur soon usually.

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 12:33 PM
link   
In SW Missouri it is as bad as ever, and seems to be getting worse.
There are very few hiring at this time and there are still layoffs every day from company's .

What jobs there are at this time are part time, and people are trying to raise a family on that, it just cannot be done no matter how hard they try.

Another thing they had on the new's here was the cost of food, it has gone up in price quite a bit. I do not remember the percentage that was said but it was huge.

I live in a group of apartments and every month I watch people having there power or water or gas turned off. Not because they waist money ,because they do not have the money to feed there family and pay there bills.
Every time I hear a report that it is getting better I ask for whom? Because it is not here , the Banks are taking cars as fast as they can with no one to buy them when they do. And now the banks are starting to charge more and more in the area for people to check there own accounts? What next for them to suck every dime out of us.

Our city is not a little city but I hear people talking about trying to move. I ask them where, there is no place better than the next to go to.

The government keeps releasing news that hey it is over , it is getting better, look the jobs only went down 500,000 thousand more this week. But they do not tell the whole story. the jobs just did not go down to the number that they thought it would. Wow there math is amazing.

We have a whole lot of people looking for jobs here every day and cannot find one. Even the many Wally worlds around here are not hiring for the season and when you go into one in is hard to find someone to help, they are just not there.
No this is not getting better, as I read in the paper where more company's have and are closing there doors. And laying off hundreds of workers on a weekly time scale. With a list of more company's that are going to close before the first of the year. Some company's do not even make the list. Workers come to work and find the doors locked and told they will get there last pay check soon, but most do not.

The government ask why we will not support them, I tell you why. It is trust, we have lost our trust in them. For years now we have been lied to over and over. Told half truths and the rest. So when they speak I take it with a pound of salt . And that goes for both party's as they both do what is best for them in office and not for the people they are to be looking out for.

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 12:40 PM
link   

The unemployment figures given by the government agencies are not real numbers in which you can rely on.

The figures are played with to make those that never qualify for unemployment never to be counted, neither those that unemployment benefits are already exhausted.

Also overall unemployment state by state in more than 16 states in the nation is well over the 15% percent and many states city by city like California have over 20%.

But when this states are put against states that by population are not as bad as bigger and denser cities they take away some of the higher numbers and even them out.

So beware deception is well played in government numbers.

nafbpo.org...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join