It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Terrorists Using Internal Bombs

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 10:09 AM
link   
So the suicide bombers have finally figured out that the body has cavities and are exploiting this fact.

news.bbc.co.uk...

This video shows a terrorist attack where a terrorist implants a device inside himself and then gets blown up. I am confused why it took this long for them to think of it however the consequences are dire. What will this mean for airport security?

For a long time i have said this idea of protecting us is a joke. It would not be at all difficult to hide bomb components within a lighter, pen, mobile phone and various other objects that could be taken through customs and put together on a plane. Yet we will no doubt be subjected to even more security measures, even though they won't stop anything. If terrorists are hiding bombs within their bodies then how long will it be until full body x-rays are taken to board a plane.

Yes i know that is an extreme thing to say but it is the only reliable way of stopping a terrorist with an implanted bomb. A simple metal detector wouldn't do as you would be spending all day sorting between people with metal plates, pins and screws from surgeries out of the normal passengers.

So what are we to do? Maybe embracing freedom, embracing peace and showing we are a humane country would work? I know that's hippy talk and so it is classed as stupid and radical but maybe it's worth a shot.

[edit on 26-9-2009 by ImaginaryReality1984]

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by ImaginaryReality1984

The implications are astronomically astounding...

T.S.A. Representative : Sir, please bend over, and spread your cheeks.

Innocent Airport Passenger : What?!? I will not!

T.S.A. Representative : *Radio Static* Alpha 4 to dispatch, we have a troublemaker. *Radio Static* Sir, please remain calm, my supervisor will be here shortly.

Innocent Airport Passenger : Why? I have done nothing wrong. It is my Constitutionally protected right to not be strip-searched...

T.S.A. Representative : Sir, you may have a bomb in your rectum, we have to check.

Oh yes, I can see the headlines now.

And here I thought the aliens were the only ones potentially doing the probing...

[edit on 26-9-2009 by SpartanKingLeonidas]

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 10:18 AM
link   
reply to post by SpartanKingLeonidas

Lets be clear, you don't have to simply stick it up your rear end. We're talking surgically implanted devices. The body has many cavities. The surgery, if performed carefully will result in a device that could be kept in the body long term. If performed badly it may last 5 days before serious infection sets in, long enough to set it off on a plane.

Even if they are utterly inept with the surgery, sepsis could easily take two days to set in, longer if they use antibiotics.

[edit on 26-9-2009 by ImaginaryReality1984]

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 10:22 AM
link   

I do understand that, I was simply relying on sarcasm for what it will ultimately spell for commuter Security.

As well as passenger "safety" in that we not only get screwed already but we are about to get screwed even more so and not in the enjoyable way.

Forgive my sarcasm, but I generally do not like the thought of people violating anyone, let alone myself.

They do have T-Ray devices you can walk through so the question of strip-searching is literally gone anymore because they can just scan through your clothes.

My call sign as a former Security Officer was Alpha 4, so it was as well me laughing at myself and what I would had to have done if I had gone into T.S.A. like someone strongly recommended to me a few years back, and I had no desire to do so.

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 10:27 AM
link   

T-Ray will be the start but we're talking implantable devices, the only way of detecting them is via x-ray. I fear the day that everyone must be subject to x-ray treatment at airports. Will we all be forced to carry a racioactive detector strip like nurses and doctors carry in radiology departments? Will we then be banned from flying if we exceed our quota of radiation?

It all sounds nuts but it seems possible with this new development. The only other way of stopping them is with highly sensitive metal detectors. The problem with this is that it will detect every single person with any metal thing in their body and that is a lot of people.

I'm not sure what the future holds with this.

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 10:52 AM
link   
This will end up being mandatory curriculum.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/99a8e83e1f60.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Yes, T-Ray, X-Ray, and any assorted thoughts on radiation are well on their way to happening.

What is frustrating, to me at least, is that people willingly submit to these fallacies and farces of "security" knowing they are slowly being forced to submit without a recourse for action.

I have read many books on the topics of "terrorism" as well as other assorted types of topics, and when something happens by mistake, say for instance someone's name is put on the terror watch list, because it is close to a known "terrorists" name, there is little to no recourse for action, no way to dispute it, and no way to be compensated for anything that happened to the person.

This happened back under the Total Information Awareness regime, under John Poindexter, and when the Congress found out what it was all about, it was shut down completely, and then guess what, re-opened under the misnomer of Terrorism Information Awareness program under the Information Awareness Office.

The IAO began funding research and development of the Total Information Awareness (TIA) Program in February 2003 but renamed the program the Terrorism Information Awareness Program in May that year after an adverse media reaction to the program's implications for public surveillance.

Although TIA was only one of several IAO projects, many critics and news reports conflated TIA with other related research projects of the IAO, with the result that TIA came in popular usage to stand for an entire subset of IAO programs.

So, ultimately, they were caught in illegal acts against the American populace, then it was repackaged after September 11th and they re-sold the same old song and dance.

Sure sounds like a shakedown to me, and a shakedown is done by people who want protection money, which sure links to organized crime to me, and organized crime links to racketeering, so it all fits nicely and neatly under the R.I.C.O. Act in my humble opinion.

But, knowing the F.B.I. like I do, they would never try to leverage a case of this magnitude against anyone, they would instead revert to their cowardice of the cover-up culture and manipulate more power through leverage from behind the scenes, thereby only capitulating the real crime and committing another crime in the process, a double indemnity of sorts in that they caught the criminals in the act and therefore will cover it up, extorting the people in order to gain more influence, power, and a larger budget.

But, then again, it is Washington D.C., and we all know how Washington likes things, they do not like to rock the boat and will go through the investment of Washington as usual and will carry on being corruption through corruption.

The fast track to power is the road to corruption in my book.

reply to post by lucentenigma

That is funny as Hell.

It sure fit my first post to some extent.

Wish I had that when I posted my first post it would have shown the humor more.

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 11:09 AM
link   

You know what makes me laugh? The fact that any terrorist with access to the internet or a library could easily smuggle a bomb on a plane.

Look i'm studying a biology degree but i am very well read. I have a good knowledge of chemistry, engineering and a Macgyver like ingenuity. Right now i could concoct an explosive device and disguise its parts as a disposable lighter, a pen, a mobile phone and a belt buckle. I won't go into details but it could easily blow a nice hole in a plane and would pass the normal airport security.

The idea of being able to stop terrorists is utterly stupid. People will always find ways around the system to smuggle dangerous devices onboard. I must admit i am surprised their haven't been more terrorist attacks.

I don't want more attacks! I'm just saying i'm surprised there haven't been more and using the past ones to obliterate our freedoms is just scary.

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 12:41 PM
link   
If the radical Islamists could just get some smarts they would realize that Islam WILL become the dominant religion in a few years. The are procreating faster than any other group. Just take a look at this video.
www.youtube.com...

top topics

join