It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ahmadinejad offers to buy US uranium

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Ahmadinejad offers to buy US uranium

www.presstv.ir

“We have a reactor in Tehran that produces nuclear medicine based on radioactive technologies. It requires 19.75 percent enrichment. We are prepared to purchase this material,” the president explained.

Ahmadinejad said the nuclear reactor in Tehran has been operating for the past two or three decades producing medicine, and added that, so far, Iran has been acquiring the 20 percent enriched uranium it needs from other countries.
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 24/9/2009 by Mirthful Me]

[edit on 24-9-2009 by MegaCurious]

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 07:01 PM
link   
I think that it's a fair offer.

They already get the 20% enriched uranium from Argentina, so why not sell them some.

Unfortunately, the high and mighty folks in Washington don't think likewise.

I wonder why we're so worried about their new nuclear reactor and not their old one?

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Fine. Open up, be transparent, and we'll consider it.
Try to hide, or make false claims, and Iran will be the next Iraq.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 07:30 PM
link   
reply to post by MegaCurious

I dont know about uranium, but we should tell him we are willing to give him some plutonium for free and we will be delivering it by air at a time and place of our choosing.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by MegaCurious
se.

I wonder why we're so worried about their new nuclear reactor and not their old one?

I think the old reactor is just a test reactor .

I read recently that one concern is that giving uranium enriched to 20% speeds up any potential weaponization process . Whilst letting the Iranians go it alone , apparently gives invaluable experience and increased expertise .

I think all enrichment should be done by the IAEA , with nations receiving the enriched uranium under licence .

top topics

join