It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could heaven and reincarnated coexist

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Im pretty sure most of you have heard about the young kid who was supposivly a reincarnation of a WW2 pilot who was shot down in Japan. Well whats wierd is where was his soul or conscience for the 40 years until he was born again. Im saying maybe heaven exist but i defintly believe in reincartion and have for many years now and that kid basically proved it. This thread isnt about if reincarnation exists but where did he go for the 40 years and at least give your thoughts. Have fun and dont be a bunch of donkeys anout this.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr. rock

I think that when you die you are given a choice : To stay in Heaven or to reincarnate in another human being, supposedly you could return to Earth at anytime if you´re bored of Heaven.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Death brings you to another "plane" or dimension or what ever you would like to call it. some may even call it heaven. but know this, there is no hell. the pope even said it before he died, he said "there is no hell, we just wanted to control you". We should never be afraid to die.

[edit on 24-9-2009 by gandhi]

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Just a couple of thoughts. Perhaps he had a very boring life as someone who lived to the age of forty, but which cast no metaphysical shadow on his current life?

Many Buddhists don't seem to be advocating the same form of reincarnation that the Buddha himself talked about (according to a "Life of The Buddha" that I read many years ago. He taught that ALL lives are our past lives. He specifically used the analogy of bricks and said that it is NOT as though each life was seperate and lead to the next life. He seemed to be saying that, as there is no "You" or "I", all lives are ours to experience. The way we experience them and what we experience is down to our Karma, but the whole process is outside of time. I was reading Jung at the same time, so it's possible that some of the ideas in Synchronicity and Buddhism have become conflated in my mind.

I have also been given to understand that in the early Christian church reincarnation was thought to take place in a similar, but more consecutive way, to the Buddhist idea. This continued until the Day of Judgement, when the final fate of all sould was to be decided.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Probably won't be of much use, but I had this discussion with mom not too long ago. I will put a warning here, bc I don't know where she got this information, so if it sounds familiar to someone I'd appreciate it. Anyway, she said that people are usually reincarnated as a sort of unit. For example, in this life she is my mom, but in a past or life she could be my child, my aunt, my father, a close friend, but that the souls in your life now will be in all your lives in some form. She also said that there was a period of time, I thought it was 50-60 years in which the soul exists in spirit form in heaven/space/wherever until that time past and then would be reborn. She didn't give me a reason for this though, just that Earth time needs to pass before the soul could return. I don't know it sounds interesting though

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Well, i dont think that you can go to heaven and then come back, however i believe that you are given a choice between earth again and heaven. For those 40 years i believe he could've been in a "limbo" type place.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by gandhi
Death brings you to another "plane" or dimension or what ever you would like to call it. some may even call it heaven. but know this, there is no hell. the pope even said it before he died, he said "there is no hell, we just wanted to control you". We should never be afraid to die.

source? what pope said this? somehow i dont believe this. Plus I'd like to hear more about this Japanese boy. I've never heard the story. And finally what if he had reincarnated for those 40 years, lived another life then died. But he only remembered the life he had 2 lives back...

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 06:13 PM
link   
maybe not 'bad' enough for eternal damnation, like maybe god and satan did paper/rock/scissors and came up tied (or at least double for nothing) so the lesson picked up where it ended, but maybe the student was artificially advanced a bit so had to wait for another incarnate to catch up?

Who knows?

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Totalstranger

I don't know about the Pope thing, but I can't believe you didn't read or hear about the boy who claims that he's reincarnated. He is an American kid who said he was a WWII pilot who was shot down...

I took the liberty of finding an article about it (there are many)...

This article in particular is friggin riveting.

www.dailymail.co.uk...

Now my 2 cents about Heaven and Reincarnation existing? From what I've read about near death experiences and past-life regression, when you die, you go to a spiritual plane that people call heaven - because since you are freed of your body, there is no more physicality involved... All of these people said that they felt the most incredible love imaginable - no matter how bad they were... Then their life replayed from start to end, and THEY had to judge THEMSELVES. But there were always spiritual guides mentioned...

Here. I've read all of these (took hours):

www.near-death.com...

So, from what I gather, you go to a heaven-like place that is in a place where time doesn't exist. Then you come back when ready - knowing exactly what you are getting yourself into and what the outcome of the next life will be... Sounds like a karmic thing...

Of course this is all conjecture... I'm just presenting pieces to the puzzle, but this is what I believe... Bar none... It makes too much sense to me.

[edit on 9/24/2009 by impaired]

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Heaven, hell and reincarnation are part of the same process.

You attract yourself back here to experience if you have further desire of the nature of this world not yet burned away, thus lessons still to be learned. If not, you remain in undifferentiated eternal bliss.

Hell is falling deeper and deeper into desire that can never be satisfied but temporarily as this and worlds below it and the forms that compose them are transient in nature.

It is possible to progress back from hell or fall deeper into it. The ending of this life isn't final judgement at all.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 07:13 PM
link   
I do not know how one would be so brainwashed to not be able to understand that both exist.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mr. rock
Im pretty sure most of you have heard about the young kid who was supposivly a reincarnation of a WW2 pilot who was shot down in Japan. Well whats wierd is where was his soul or conscience for the 40 years until he was born again. Im saying maybe heaven exist but i defintly believe in reincartion and have for many years now and that kid basically proved it. This thread isnt about if reincarnation exists but where did he go for the 40 years and at least give your thoughts. Have fun and dont be a bunch of donkeys anout this.

I believe that both Heaven and reincarnation exist!!

I did read the book about the kid, James Leininger, who seems to be a reincarnated WWII Pilot. It's very good by the way, you should read it. It's called "Soul Survivor". In the book, the kid describes the previously deceased pilots who, "met me in Heaven". He even tells his parents that he chose them while they were staying in "the pink hotel"...which is a famous hotel in Hawaii where the Leiningers stayed a few months before the mother got pregnant with little James.

I agree with the previous post about souls being able to hang out in Heaven or come back for another round of good ol' life. That's the best possible choice to me - having the freedom to do what you please!

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 09:11 PM
link   
Never limit what God can do. That also limits what he can do through you.

There is a Hell by the way, it is an absence from God.

My Buddy has 2 death certificates (from the Army). He found his body in the morgue the second time. He went to Heaven and was given a quick tour and then sent back. He was also given a quick tour of earth. He saw spirits, one a mother who was still berating her son instead of going on.

If we can't let go and let God then we are forced (?) to try, try again. Until we really fail.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by gandhi
the pope even said it before he died, he said "there is no hell, we just wanted to control you". We should never be afraid to die.

cite me.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 10:10 PM
link   
The hall of souls is empty, their are about as many people alive today that have ever died. So if you are a reincarnationist and are expecting to chill out a bit after death, gather yourself and reflect over your last existance - well their are many couples calling out for any experianced soul to be born to them. So a short breather but at least you get a good choice of parents.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Peter Brake
The hall of souls is empty, their are about as many people alive today that have ever died.

no that's a myth.

www.prb.org...

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 10:13 PM
link   
I can't recall some prophecy about the hall of souls can anybody jog my memory?

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 10:17 PM
link   
I had ago at the number of people throughout our history made some hugh assumptions, and came out supprised at how close we are today at 7 billion people. As a reincarnationist then presumably many of thoughs that have died 10-20 times previously would make it pretty likely that this is correct (the hall of souls being empty)

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Peter Brake
I had ago at the number of people throughout our history made some hugh assumptions, and came out supprised at how close we are today at 7 billion people. As a reincarnationist then presumably many of thoughs that have died 10-20 times previously would make it pretty likely that this is correct (the hall of souls being empty)

Did you see my link? About 20 times more people than are alive today have ever been alive (by their estimate). Still, 5% of the people ever alive are alive today, that's pretty amazing.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 11:49 PM
link   

I remember from personal experience that reincarnation or incarnation is real. I don't remember anything previous to being 'sent', 'assigned', 'sentenced' to 'here', but I do remember the process. It's my earliest memory, those that have known me all my life always said that I was 'different', and never really was a child. I don't identify with them, and don't 'get' why they are so stupid (perhaps stupid is the wrong word). I started reading as soon as I could pick up a book.

I do know when I 'arrived' at the age of one. 'Trial', 'choice' of life I would live, being cast down a 'vortex', then BAM consciousness in a pitiful body on a planet with no 'power'. Fully cognizant at that age.

I can't say that where I was immediately before that was 'heaven' or anything like that. It was more like being on trial in front of 'it'. Memories of what lead up to that, or any previous life/experience were not allowed to me.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join