It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israeli scientists discover "center of consciousness" in brain

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Looks like atheism wins. Atheism 1, Religion 0
. But seriously this doesn’t mean there isn’t no soul to everyone that believes in religion, ect... There are tons of experiments, theory’s that show memory can be transferred between the brain and the EM field. There are other experiments to, so I am still not too sure about this. Definitely a step up for technology.

I'm very interested on how far this thread is going to get, definitely a great disscussion!

[edit on 24-9-2009 by Maddogkull]

[edit on 24-9-2009 by Maddogkull]

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by dooper

Hell, there's a good reason why the Blackjack, or "Asp" is such an incredibly effective weapon for sneaking up on people.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 03:43 PM
link   
I seriously doubt that there is a dedicated center of conciousness in the human brain. It is way to interconnected for that to make sense. The only things that seem to be more or less independant are our sensory mechanisms and even they are interconnected to things like memory, etc.

I would guess that perhaps the pineal is a mechanism for interacting with our em field and "soul", while this new cluster they have described could be something as simple as a firewall interface between the brain, the pineal gland, and the body.

[edit on 9-24-2009 by rogerstigers]

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by rogerstigers

Agreeing with your post.
Was thinking more along the lines of a voltage regulator however, considering the mirror neurons.

Namaste

ZM

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by dooper

I've heard of cops that aim for this area as well, when trying to take down a violent suspect that has taken a hostage.

So they don't get the chance to pull the trigger.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 04:14 PM
link   
A very very misleading headline. Just because an area of the brain has the ability to cause loss of consciousness, does not mean that area is 'the centre of consciousness'.

It's like saying my jugular vein is the centre of my cardiovascular system just because, if I open it, my cardiovascular system will shut down. Sloppy, sloppy reporting.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Yeah, Im geussing any scientists would want the glory in finding the centre of consciousness. They are probally just making up lies.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheStev
A very very misleading headline. Just because an area of the brain has the ability to cause loss of consciousness, does not mean that area is 'the centre of consciousness'.

It's like saying my jugular vein is the centre of my cardiovascular system just because, if I open it, my cardiovascular system will shut down. Sloppy, sloppy reporting.

I agree. I suspect that the actual "center of consciousness" may ultimately not be material. Mysticism, perhaps. Will follow these developments with interest.

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheStev

Well said. The title is very misleading and your example provided illustrates exactly why.

Consciousness is distributed throughout the brain and doesn't exist just in a small 'central' region.

Those of you that think the pineal gland is the 'center' of consciousness need to leave the 16th century and enter the 21st century.

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by captaintyinknots
I dont see anything that says to me that this is the 'center of consciousness'. Sounds to me like they found a nest of nerves that is reactive to stimuli.

The pineal gland is the center of consciousness, in my opinion.

If the pineal gland were the center of consciousness then wouldn't you think animals would die (become completely unconscious forever) if they had their pineal gland removed? Well they don't die. Look up pinealectomy.

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 01:13 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 01:49 PM
link   
A center for consciousness implies consciousness is produced from an isolated region. Yet science has been working under the premise that the mind arises from an interconnected collaboration of the whole brain. So which is it? A part of the brain or the whole of it?

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 08:02 PM
link   
reply to post by silver tongue devil

This whole article after reading this makes no sense to me. They are experimenting on mice. How could they possibly know were there consciousness is?

Just brought a thread back from the dead

top topics

<< 1   >>

join