It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Census worker hanged with 'Fed" on his body

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Census worker hanged with

www.google.com

The FBI is investigating the hanging death of a U.S. Census worker near a Kentucky cemetery, and a law enforcement official told The Associated Press the word 'fed" was scrawled on the dead man's chest.

FBI spokesman David Beyer said the bureau is helping state police with the case.

"Our job is to determine if there was foul play involved — and that's part of the investigation — and if there was foul play involved, whether that is related to his employment as a census worker," said Beyer.

(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 23-9-2009 by Wildbob77]

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 05:23 PM
link   
This seems just a tad bit scary.

What did this guy do to deserve being hung?
Or what did he discover by accident.

Not much other info on this yet. I would think that they would have an idea of his movements up till the time of his death. Hopefully this wasn't job related.

They did find his truck with the computer still in it nearby.

www.google.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 05:30 PM
link   
There are some places in Kentucky that you just don't go walking around uninvited. It should be harvest time to a major cash crop about now. Granted protecting your crop from prying eyes is not worth someone's life.

The word "FED" written on his chest does bring up other possibilities as well. Not a job I would want.

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 05:31 PM
link   

The Census has suspended door-to-door interviews in rural Clay County, where the body was found,

That's some great reporting right there. Now anybody who adamantly refuses to participate in the 2010 census knows at least one way to get the takers to stop coming to their door for awhile. Expect copy-cats of this incident to increase as we approach next summer.

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 05:33 PM
link   
The FBI is still trying to determine if there was foul play involved ?? haha

But its sad, a guy being killed probably for just doing his job. Getting strung up by some slack jawed yocal's, cause they thought he looked all fancy walking around playing with his " puter".

link   
Whoa, how weird...maybe the guy was involved with the fed and a particular someone didn't like him? or was it his last dying message after his suicide? the killer leaving his/her mark for whatever meaning?

Odd and interesting...

link   
This is just horrible, a poor man just trying to make a buck in this hard times and he gets hanged for his efforts?

Because somebody may have a grudge with the fed?

No matter how bad the man may have behaved or how pushy he may have been, this not way to die.

Pitiful, the criminal that did this target the wrong person.

Acts like this only going brew more trouble for us the people, with the government making more laws to protect those that are under their care and employment.

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Probably more going on here than meets the eye.

Don't jump to any conclusions before the facts are uncovered.

Sad situation.

[edit on 053030p://f36Wednesday by badgerprints]

+7 more 
posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 05:38 PM
link   
This is what happens when people like Michele Bachmann start scaring religious right wing crazies with lies about the census and other things. These crazies believe those lies and go out and kill innocent people. What is the right wing death count at now?

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wildbob77

"Our job is to determine if there was foul play involved — and that's part of the investigation — and if there was foul play involved, whether that is related to his employment as a census worker," said Beyer.

Do they think he hung himself, after writing "Fed" on his chest?

I've seen members here on ATS tell people not to cooperate with the census takers, because they are part of an evil government plot.

I think it's a part of the anti-government hysteria, that has been around for a long time, but has reached a fever pitch in some areas since the election of Obama.

I hope they find his killers.

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by The Undertaker

There are places in California and Oregon that you don't go near when it's time to harvest also.

That could explain what happened.

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by IntastellaBurst

I put that snipet of the story in because it just sounded to strange.

How could there not be foul play if the guy was hung?

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Of course he could have stumbled across a still, or even someone marijuana patch, may not even be related to the census.

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by DarkStormCrow

I agree with you.

Most likely he stumbled across some sort of illegal activity.

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 05:50 PM
link   
If this man was murdered then the person or persons who did him in are going to have a nasty surprise. When they FBI look into the GPS tracks of his computer it will likely point a bee line back to the person's house.

The fact that they found the man's Census computer was very surprising to me since anyone that had half a brain must realize that it was recording the Census taker's movements during his entire work day and is downloaded each day. Perhaps they had the foresight to remove the machine's memory card but I doubt because if they had thought of this they most likely would have just torched the entire unit.

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 05:53 PM
link   
reply to post by wayouttheredude

My guess would be that they already know the last residence that he went to.

Whether or not a crime occurred there will still have to be determined. But I think that's one place that the FBI will be looking at rather closely.

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 05:55 PM
link   
He could have interupted a drug deal and they though he was a federal agent. It could have been a sucicide or it could have been a murder by someone mad at him personally who figured that writting FEd would through police off the trail. Until they arrest someone any thoughts on motive or who is just a guess.

+22 more 
posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by DraconianKing
This is what happens when people like Michele Bachmann start scaring religious right wing crazies with lies about the census and other things. These crazies believe those lies and go out and kill innocent people. What is the right wing death count at now?

Do us all a favor and take your liberal drivel and accusations somewhere else. A man was hung with the word FED on his chest and you just start telling everyone it was some "crazy right winger"?

Show us your facts. Give us some evidence that it wasn't just a guy in the wrong place at the wrong time. For all we know, it was actually a federal agent that got caught by some bad guys doing his job and paid the price.

Talk about "crazy"...

+2 more 
posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 06:00 PM
link   
That there is what is known as a warning around them there parts.

The message is very clear, the people in that area do not want the federal government in that area. They consider census takers as no different than any other part of the federal government.

Yes it was a crime and yes it is terrible that it happened. They would have hung an effigy but they wanted it to be very clear to the federal government to "Keep Out"

Don't mistake it as being slack-jaw hillbillies acting all scared. They are very serious and very determined. This is an example of when it is said that there are people ready to get on with a revolution and just waiting for the right person to say it is time for it to begin.

As bad as this will sound, it would be in the FBI's best interest to just let it go and not do a hard press type of investigation. I feel sorry for the guy and his family, but it would be for the best just let it go.

[edit on 23-9-2009 by Ahabstar]

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 06:01 PM
link   
you people don't know the meaning of taunt do you?
who ever did this, is taunting the feds plainly and openly. also agree w/ ahabstar. more than likly this has everything to do w/ the military checkpoints.

[edit on 23-9-2009 by randyvs]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join