It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Census worker hanged with 'Fed" on his body

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ahabstar
reply to post by Southern Guardian

So, yes. I say that it was indeed a warning to stay out.

I hope not we are already looked down on enough and catch so much hell for who we are and where we live

But it could be pot field or corn squeeze'n related and just about any one that looks like a fed is labeled a fed census ,revenuer or branch walker so I wouldn't jump the gun on put'n all use Appalachian-Americans in the same boat
Not at you SG just my 2 sips worth

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 07:42 PM
link   
The intent is probably to blame this on people like Glenn Beck.
With all the focus being placed on ACORN lately I wouldn't be surprised to find this was created by ACORN itself, to place blame on the tea party members.
Expect Olbermann and the bunch to salivate over this story.

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 07:43 PM
link   
This reminds me of that scene in John Adams. After people had been pushed and pushed. After the tea party. There was a man who was only a messenger, but he worked for the government. He was stripped of all his clothes, placed on a pole, and had scalding tar poured all over his body. Point being that he was just one innocent man, brutily murdered because people had been pushed too far, and finaly broke.

This was a very ugly crime.

Unfortunatly I think there are uglier times to come.

I wish it wasnt so, but people are hurting right now. They have had enough of the government to the point they blame them for all their problems. The government deserves a lot of that blame. Im not saying this man deserved what he got. I do not think that. It was awefull. BUT in a lot of areas, walking around as a government worker of any sort is going to be like walking around in a den filled with desperate, hungry pissed off lions.

I hope we never see anything like this again. Reality says it is only going to get worse.

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 08:02 PM
link   
reply to post by SpacePunk

If the FBI goes in as a force, one of two things will happen:

1) No one will know anything about it.
2) There will be a bloodbath.

I do not support the actions of those that did this. I find as wrong as the other type pf lynchings that happened all over the south. I don't support the message that is being said in this case either, but I am explaining what the mindset and message behind it is about.

And the fact that is was a lynching (and not just a shooting with the same "Fed" on his chest) is calling on some serious racial undertones as well. They wanted it to make the news and they wanted to be sure that President Obama was informed, hence the lynching.

The incident itself disgusts me. But honestly, not nearly as much as the suggestion that this was just some uneducated rednecks doing a random act of violence. The revised article connecting the action to domestic terrorism (Tim McVey) and Town Hall meeting disruptions is also quite disgusting.

Why would the media spin this to make that connection? Are they wanting to turn this into bloodbath for the sake of their ratings? Will Keith Obermann say something along the lines of it being rednecks bored with just tea bagging themselves or some other Deliverance-style association?

But a very serious question is what will the governments response be if a bunch of Federal Agents are killed while in the course of the investigation? Send in a disproportionally overwhelming force like Ruby Ridge? Are you aware that in that instance ATF Agents sniped his wife in the doorway while she held their infant daughter and then taunted him by yelling out that she had made him breakfast?

Will you stand for the innocents that get caught in the crossfire? Will you voice objection if they just round everyone up for interrogation? If there ever is a war on our soil between the people and the government, then there has to be a catalyst that starts it all. I personally would not want the results and repercussions of the lynching of a Census Scout (and let's be honest, he was not taking the census this early), would you?

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Wildbob77

Not surprised the way the feeble minions have been incited into an anti-government frenzy by the likes Beck and Limbaugh.

Just read some of the mental-midget's responses to this recent "Census Worker" thread:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

It was a matter of time.

Talk about stirring up a hornet's nest, since it was a Census worker, it is a Federal crime, hence FBI involvement.

[edit on 23-9-2009 by kinda kurious]

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 08:29 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyCanuck

I hear ya. I suppose I could have tried, more politely, to express my disgust at turning every news story that comes along into some partisan troll-fest. It just seems so counter-productive to what we try to do here at ATS.

The truth is, nobody knows what motive these sick individual(s) had for stringing the guy up, and not 5 posts in someone's assessing a "right wing" head count... even before the story was revised by the original author (to try and tie it in with the party of the right).

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Dooley was a good old man
He lived below the mill
Dooley had two daughters and a forty gallon still
One gal watched the boiler the other watched the spout
Mama corked the bottles when old Dooley fetched them out

Dooley, slipping up the holler
Dooley, trying to make a dollar
Dooley, give me a swaller and I'll pay you back some day

The revenuers came for him a slipping through the woods
Dooley kept behind them all and never lost his goods
Dooley was a trader when into town he'd come
Sugar by the bushel and molasses by the ton

I remember very well the day old Dooley died
The women folk looked sorry and the men stood ‘round and cried
Now Dooley's on the mountain he lies there all alone
They put a jug beside him and a barrel for a stone

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by lernmore
reply to post by JohnnyCanuck

I hear ya. I suppose I could have tried, more politely, to express my disgust at turning every news story that comes along into some partisan troll-fest. It just seems so counter-productive to what we try to do here at ATS.

Let's let it play out before we draw conclusions. Like you said...a partisan trollfest is easy. But I think a lot of Americans are gonna get real introspective over this one.

It sux. And I'm disappointed, as well as appalled at the implications.

From another thread on the subject of census and GPS:

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Originally posted by Ron Paul Girl
Because Obama wants to know where our front door is

So he can send his goons to come and get you to put you in one of his 'preventative' gulags ....

I mean...how surprised can we be?

[edit on 23-9-2009 by JohnnyCanuck]

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ahabstar
reply to post by SpacePunk

If the FBI goes in as a force, one of two things will happen:

1) No one will know anything about it.
2) There will be a bloodbath.

I'm sure you know as well as I do; if they go in en masse number one won't be an option. Number two is about the only option there will be.

The DEA considers Kentucky one of the most dangerous areas in the world to be assigned. This has been said by DEA agents in various documentaries. Hillbilly a documentary on the History Chanel devoted a large part of an episode to the dangers DEA angets face in Kentucky.

These people are not traditionally educated. However, they are ingenious. They are also mulish and tribal. That isn't to say they are bad people. It just means that a show of force will be met with resistance.

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 09:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Wildbob77

Just an opinion here... but Could this be a false flag (loosely applied)? dissidence is at an all time high. Stringing up a government worker and scrawling fed on his body could be a way to show that people against the government are "barbaric" and will stop at nothing to destroy "freedom"....

For some reason as soon as i read the thread it jumped in my mind that this was disingenuous.

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 09:53 PM
link   
Though I think hanging may be a bit extreme - I agree with the premise.

I have relatives and friends in several parts of the USA that unless you are are vouched for - you do not invade and start asking nosy questions.

Fed is the same as a revenoouer - or modern generation ATF.

Unless you are receiving hazardous duty pay - stay out.

The boys are currently a little on the trigger happy side.

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 10:01 PM
link   
reply to post by conspiracyrus

Exactly, if the census worker had found a field of MJ or a still FED would not have been carved on his chest. Sounds like a heavy handed attempt to frame antigovernment types such as Glenn Beck listeners who live in the area. If this is the case the real murderers will never be caught and the real reason for the man's murder will never be known.

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 10:05 PM
link   
That is a very scary. The hill country of Kentucky and Appalachia has been a world of it's own since the British walked the countryside. Always weary of outsiders and clannish like some have highlighted in the thread. In some places they still don't have running water or the basic luxuries other American's enjoy. Essentially, they have been off the grid since this country's inception. I think of them as almost being like the Amish but a more violent version.

They are very reluctant to cooperate with outsiders, and as such, the FBI will have their work cut out for them when following up on this heinous murder. I did catch a History Channel show about the hills of Kentucky and the moonshine business, and apparently, it is very dangerous for the ATF as well, because of booby traps placed in the woods near distilling operations. According to the show, many have been seriously injured or maimed. Hopefully, those responsible are brought to justice and made to answer for this recent atrocity.

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 10:08 PM
link   
reply to post by eradown

yeah and whatever happened to trying to hide the body to reduce suspicion? If he had found something he wasnt supposed to talk about he would disappear... not be found in public view

[edit on 23-9-2009 by conspiracyrus]

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 10:17 PM
link   
I think everyone is likely wrong in their theories so far. This is a rural part of the South that still has a lot of hostility regarding the Civil War. Not over the slavery issue, over the War itself, the South loosing it, and the way the Federal Government brutalized the region after the war. I know what most of you are likely saying but there are still a few rural pockets that are still very much industrially and economically as they were over a 100 years ago. Dirt poor people with little culture or education except rural culture (grand pappy's stories at the barber shop) and rural education (folks who have family Bibles with 12 generations births and deaths written in the back kept in cedar chests by their beds). This isn't Glenn Beck at play, or Rush Limbaugh, but more like the movie Deliverance.

[edit on 23/9/09 by ProtoplasmicTraveler]

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 10:20 PM
link   
The more I look in to it the stranger it becomes:

Link with a video

That newscast is from September 15, which would put his death on the 12th or 11th perhaps. Very interesting for a story to be buried and then become national now is it not.

It would appear that the FBI has already encountered the first conditional outcome finding out little to nothing and may be fishing for some leads.

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 10:23 PM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

all the more reason to "string him up" create fear of the small rural communities who from what ive seen havent had that much of real violence for many years... as well the quote gives away everything ... the double use of the phrase "foul play" the fact that they mention that the instrument used to write fed was not disclosed ... absolutely stinks to high heaven... but again its just my opinion truthfully id advise anyone in this thread to not listen to me

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 10:29 PM
link   
To the people that think he stumbled on somethin illegal: If he did, they would hide his body. Not lynch him and write a warning on his chest. This was a message.

To the people that think this is a false flag/ACORN plot/whatever: You have taken ATS paranoia to an entirely new level. I am not amused.

Most likely scenario: Gubment-hatin' good old boy killed him. This is a divisive time in this country, very much "US vs THEM". And our entire culture and media, including ATS, is dedicated to STRENGTHENING that division. It may not be the intention of ATS's owners, but it's definitely the intention of it's members.

To stop things like this, we need to stop hating eachother. We hate eachother now more than ever. And it gets ratings and ad revenue.

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 10:29 PM
link   
and check all the stories that DEVLIN BARRETT has done ... every article he has is like a support for TPTB agenda ... and the other guy JEFFREY McMURRAY is a sports commentator of sorts? once again this is rediculous

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 10:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Esoterica

.... what are you talking about ... Until you posted this was a discussion im assuming your intention was to turn this into mudslinging? id prefer if youd stop inciting and add discussion rather than rhetoric and obvious bigotry.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join