It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Boy, 9, told to apologise for 'racist' taunt to Polish classmate while playing soldiers in lesson

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 08:10 AM
link   
www.dailymail.co.uk...

A nine-year-old schoolboy was branded racist by teachers after playing a game of soldiers with a Polish friend, his parents have claimed.

Steven Cheek was reprimanded for pointing a finger at the Eastern European classmate and said 'we've got to shoot the German army'.

His teacher immediately sent him to see the deputy head, who forced him to stand in front of the class and make a humiliating apology.

'He's not a racist - he's only nine years old and he didn't single out the Polish boy, who is one of his good friends. That just happened to be who he was playing with.

'The deputy head shouted at Steven and said 'that's racism', which is ridiculous because he has a Polish aunt and they were on our side during the war.

'He didn't understand what he had done wrong - he was just playing a game like kids always do. He came home after being told off and said 'mum what's racism?'

Every once in a while there's a song or a music video that is an absolutely spot-on commentary of a part of society. This is one of those and is directly related to the story above. Watch it a couple of times and digest it.

Shame and guilt only works as an immediate control mechanism and usually, in the long term, contributes to revolt.

I just love Pink Floyd.

[edit on 23/9/2009 by Iamonlyhuman]

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 08:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Iamonlyhuman

omg that is unbelieveable a telling off,humilliation and a side order of guilt and the kid probably dosent know if hes done anything wrong.And to be branded a racist at 9yo by a so called proffesional adult is sick.

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 08:51 AM
link   
lets hope this CHILD dosent get attacked over this false claim!!!! and hope this tar dont stick.

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by juggalo77
lets hope this CHILD dosent get attacked over this false claim!!!! and hope this tar dont stick.

His schoolmates have already bullied him over it according to the story.

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 08:56 AM
link   
reply to post by juggalo77

WOW you just summed up life.

God better have a good explination for this bull$%#^.

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Great song! That poor kid and what a bunch of idiots those teachers are! That kid was PLAYING! I didnt know that wasnt allowed in school. Now that poor kid is labeled at 9 a racist and we all know how cruel kids are, that little boy is more than likely going to be teased and taunted all through school because of this. Those teachers shouldnt be teaching! They are not teaching the right stuff at all!

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 09:37 AM
link   
Wow I think this thread as well as the story are a bit dramatic. I mean obviously he didnt say shoot the germans by accident but I also know he didnt mean it as a personal attack. I mean when I was a kid we used to always make fun of the french kid because of the whole surrender thing. But all the kid has to do is transfer schools and by the next school year this whole thing will be yesterdays news. His life wont be ruined and he will survive.

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 09:44 AM
link   
reply to post by acmpnsfal

i bet you would find it dramatic if it was your child that was publicly humiliated and attacked for somthing they havent done. And yes a smear like that could have a chance of sticking around him for a long time. and seen as he has done nothing wrong that possibilty isnt fair.

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 09:57 AM
link   

No, but see he DID do it. He knew his friends nationality and thats why he said that specific kind of army but its a huge over reaction. And I doubt anyone will remember this kid in a year because thats how the world works. People get upset and they move on and Europe is a huge place. So I doubt it will follow him the rest of his life and im sure the only idiots in this case are the school officials.

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 10:09 AM
link   
It is another chapter in story of the UK demonizing kids. I started a thread about kids of three being investigated for vandalism, girls playing hopscotch receiving a caution for chalking on the pavement, a five year old being cautioned for lewd behaviour, a child of five would not be lewd unless it was learned behaviour, yet he was cautioned!!!!
This was a Polish friend and the 'baddies' were German, he was not having a dig at his friends nationality. Cowboys and Indians will be banned next.

We will have Orwell,s Newspeak before we know it. Imo we will in years to come see riots and protest like nothing before, unless of course we all sucumb to this mind control.

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 10:12 AM
link   
reply to post by dizzylizzy

cowboys and indians(native americans) is in bad taste because of the history behind it.....i've been taught that since i was a kid.....im 21...someone is out of touch

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 11:11 AM
link   
How is "german" or even "polish" considered racist? Those are nationalities. This PC bug needs to be destroyed now, it is starting to mutate and cause brain damage.

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by acmpnsfal
Wow I think this thread as well as the story are a bit dramatic. I mean obviously he didnt say shoot the germans by accident but I also know he didnt mean it as a personal attack. I mean when I was a kid we used to always make fun of the french kid because of the whole surrender thing. But all the kid has to do is transfer schools and by the next school year this whole thing will be yesterdays news. His life wont be ruined and he will survive.

WHY in the world would this kid have to move schools or better yet why should he?! He did nothing wrong. Heck I was called a Nazi all through school and constantly teased about having family members in the mafia. I am German/Sicilian 50/50 split. I sure as heck never had a teacher accuse a classmate of racism.

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 06:48 PM
link   
What actually begs the question is why the headmaster was listening to these kids in the first place, school is a big place and I suspect this is a case of "the walls have ears."
Why single out these 2 kids from probobally 300+ other children, I'm thinking victimisation is at work here.

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by acmpnsfal

No, but see he DID do it. He knew his friends nationality and thats why he said that specific kind of army but its a huge over reaction. And I doubt anyone will remember this kid in a year because thats how the world works. People get upset and they move on and Europe is a huge place. So I doubt it will follow him the rest of his life and im sure the only idiots in this case are the school officials.

The point here is that HE will remember it. It doesn't matter one bit if everyone else will have forgotten it, even though I think his classmates won't have. He will have the reputation of being a racist with his classmates and HE will remember it and will forever react differently to situations because of it. Public shame and guilt should never be used by administrators especially on developing minds.

[edit on 25/9/2009 by Iamonlyhuman]

new topics

top topics

join