It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nurses Plan Rally To Protest Mandatory Swine Flu Shot

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Paul Joseph Watson
Prison Planet.com
Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Albany nurses and other health professionals are planning to stage a rally next week to protest a state regulation that mandates they will lose their jobs if they refuse to take the swine flu shot, as fears grow about the vaccine’s dangerous ingredients and government plans to forcibly inoculate whole populations with the H1N1 jab.

Earlier today we reported on the case of “Clare,” a daycare worker in Albany who, despite having minimal contact with hospital staff who work in a separate building, an exemption allowed in the official decree, was ordered to take the seasonal flu shot on the spot or be fired. She was also advised that the same procedure would be in place for the swine flu shot, as is outlined in the New York State Department of Health’s emergency regulation issued in August.

Now nurses across the state are standing up against government intimidation to take the shot, pointing out that the vaccine has not been properly tested and contains mercury, squalene and other dangerous additives.

The New York State Nurses Association is supporting a demonstration on behalf of nurses set to take place next week, reports Newsday.

“This vaccine has not been clinically tested to the same degree as the regular flu vaccine,” said Tara Accavallo, a registered nurse in Stony Brook’s neonatal intensive care unit, the division that has produced a number of protesters. “If something happens to me, if I get seriously injured from this vaccine, who’s going to help me?”

Accavallo says she is willing to lose her job if need be, which is exactly what will happen to thousands of other health professionals on November 30 if the government refuses to back down.

Rob Kozik, another registered nurse in Stony Brook’s neonatal intensive care unit, said he has no problems with a seasonal vaccine but he has deep concerns about being immunized against H1N1. “I usually get vaccinated against the flu, but they are mandating an untested and unproven vaccine,” Kozik told Newsday

“The H1N1 vaccine already has a poor track record,” he added. “Back in 1976 there was vaccine [to protect against swine flu] that caused death and Guillain-Barre syndrome,” said Kozik, referring to a nerve-damaging disorder that some people linked to the vaccine. He said he also worries about the vaccine additive thimerosal, which is used as a preservative in some doses of the vaccine.

According to Dr. Steven Walerstein, medical director of Nassau University Medical Center where H1N1 vaccinations have already started, 25 workers at the institution refused to take the shot and were later “referred to human resources and counseling.”

If polls are proven accurate, at least a third of nurses and health workers in the U.S. and the UK will refuse to take the shot, with another third still undecided.

The fact that health professionals, and even employees loosely affiliated with hospitals, are being intimidated into taking the shot, proves President Obama’s claim that the vaccine will be voluntary to be deceptive and misleading. At the very least people’s livelihoods are on the line if they refuse to be injected and elsewhere, in countries such as Ireland and Greece, authorities have threatened large fines and jail time for people who refuse the vaccine.

As we have previously documented, the swine flu vaccine was rushed through safety procedures while governments have provided pharmaceutical companies with blanket immunity from lawsuits arriving out of the vaccine causing deaths and injuries.

It was previously revealed that some batches of the vaccine will contain mercury, a toxin linked with autism and neurological disorders. The vaccine will also contain the dangerous ingredient squalene, which has been directly linked with cases of Gulf War Syndrome and a host of other debilitating diseases.

It was also recently reported that the UK government sent a confidential letter to senior neurologists telling them to be on the alert for cases of a brain disorder called Guillain-Barre Syndrome (GBS), which could be triggered by the vaccine. The CDC in America replicated this warning weeks later.

As a result of the dangers of the vaccine becoming widely known, authorities are moving to get out ahead of the story by acknowledging that millions of health problems in the aftermath of a vaccination campaign will be blamed on the vaccine, citing the 1976 swine flu debacle when the shot proved far deadlier than the actual virus.

Reuters reports that public health officials, “Expect an avalanche of so-called adverse event reports, which are reports of death, illness or other health trauma that occur within two weeks after receiving treatment — in this case, the swine flu vaccine,” in reaction to an estimated “one million heart attacks, 700,000 strokes and 900,000 miscarriages.”

www.prisonplanet.com...

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 10:55 PM
link   
Has the union taken a stand on this yet?

So far, mandatory vaccination has not been considered in my state, that I'm aware of... will be interesting to note if NY has to back down.

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 11:15 PM
link   
reply to post by battlestargalactica

Hellow everybody. Nice to be here with you. Tell these people to take their shots and stick them up their ass.

OK for MODS and censors. Let me repeat the message, tell them to take the vaccines and stick them up their ass.

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 11:27 PM
link   
If hospitals or even the state thinks it can do without nurses, I say let them try.

We had to cancel a $100,000.00 surgery (heart bypass) because ONE nurse went home early. She was the only one there that day in the ICU who could "recover hearts".

Let's see how they do when one third of the nursing population decides they'd rather be unemployed than poisoned.

I think the states know that there will be pandemonium and are deliberately provoking it. I saw one of those tanks with the arrow looking front end (for ramming through walls) driving down Lindsey street in Norman a few days ago. (Norman, Ok. is a preppy college town).

The nation already has a nursing shortage and if one third of them get fired the rest will either quit or drop dead on the job. TPTB know this and it's in the documents I posted a few days ago about emergency health plans. They stated in their pandemic flu documents written 2 years ago that the level of care will no longer be what one would expect.

They have a gift for understatement. You put on your call light and NO ONE answers it the entire shift!

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 09:43 AM
link   
In the coming weeks we will see other groups in the same boat, threatened to lose their jobs if not taking the vaccine shot. This is rediculus, it seems some kind of agenda is being pushed here?

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 09:55 AM
link   
That is fantastic, I hope it brings a lot of attention.

I do have a question, if someone can help me (maybe someone who is currently working in a hospital). As much as I don't agree, I see the hospitals forcing upon their employees. What about interns? I will be starting my internship within the year and I wonder if they will be able to it force upon students. Technically students do not work for the hospital, but since the hospitals are concerned with transmission I would assume they would try to vaccinate the students as well. I have a laundry list of immunities I need to have prior to starting, either through illness or vaccination. Also, since some people have already had it, or will have before the vaccine is available, is the titer publicly available? Really, why vaccinate someone who is already immune.

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 10:17 AM
link   
The Protest is in Albany, Septenber 29,2009 10:AM-1:00PM

Make copies or let everyone know. I just started a thread about the Mandatory NY State H1N1 Letter recieved by medical staff and posted a letter my wife recieved to inform as many as possible.

This is an issue which needs to be addressed IMMEDIATELY. Everyone has to put aside their little differences and petty nonsense in life and band together. This country is going downhill fast.The snowball effect.

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 10:22 AM
link   
reply to post by searching4truth

My wife's a Head nurse on the ICU stepdown unit and according to her I believe it will be anyone who has any contact with any patient. I would imagine if you have contact with a nurse or other medical worker who has contact with a patient I would imagine it is going to be the same. So yes, you will also have to forcefully recieve it.

Depending on what state your in but I gaurentee it will spread like wildfire across the entire country and eventually the world. Just my guess.Good luck. I would stand in solidarity with your colleagues or change professions as this is going to impact the future of your field and our country.

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Revealation

Yeah, I suspect that if and when my state makes this enforcement it will include everyone, even those that work at the hospital, but have no patient contact. Absolutely I would/will protest (I don't live near NY), what baffles me is that anyone that has taken a basic biology class, knows roughly how the body builds immunity. Regardless of the effectiveness of the vaccine, I still haven't seen ANY evidence that a person that has had the virus or had been exposed to it (since not every will exhibit symptoms) needs this vaccine. Let's say your wife (or any one) already has the antibodies why the heck would she take a vaccine for which she is already immune. It doesn't make any sense, and I find it interesting that the first target of the mandatory vaccine is in a group of people that know this very well. Convincing them that it is necessary regardless seems to be important in getting the population as a whole to accept it. Perhaps, there should be protests across the country as an act of solidarity and as a preemptive measure to stop the spread of this insanity. Every doctor that I have spoken to is not concerned about this virus at all, and they are not treating swine flu any differently than any other strand, and many of them are not confirming which type a patient has (they just tell them to say home and drink fluids, same as any flu), so why should anyone run out to get a vaccine.

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 02:24 PM
link   
This is what I found for my area:

"Norman Regional Hospital reported 201 confirmed flu admissions between Sept. 1 and Sept. 19. Kinney said most people who get flu won't need to be hospitalized. Some physicians don't want them coming to offices for fear of spreading the virus.

The hospital is planning drive-through flu shot clinics this fall at Norman and Moore locations. They are also working with employees to pre-determine which ones wish to take a shot, a hospital officials told council members."

It looks like, at this point anyway, that it will be "offered" and not mandated. We'll see what happens with that plan when the vaccines actually come out.

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Glad to see them organize!!

Other states should follow suit now! Don't wait until the legislation is signed, stand up and make it known right now, that you will not take the shot!

Nursing students, contact your administrators and teachers, and let them know you will find another career if this legislation stands!

There is already a shortage of medical professionals, you guys can really lead the country on this issue, because you hold the upper hand!!

top topics

join