It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran's oil terminals move to private hands

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Iran's oil terminals move to private hands

www.upi.com

The government in Iran announced plans to unload 40 percent of its stake in the state-controlled Iranian Oil Terminals Co. to the private sector.

Ali Kardour, the head of a national privatization working group, said the transfer was part of a national plan to expand oil storage facilities, the Mehr News Agency reports
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
en.wikipedia.org

[edit on 22/9/2009 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 08:36 PM
link   
I just found this intersting for Iran to be doing this now. Who is the owner of 40% share in the Iranian Oil Terminals Co.? Could it be China? That would make it very difficult for the US to take action against Iran. Huuumm.......It is also interseting to knoe that in 1951 five American companies held 40% the National Iranian Oil Company.

www.upi.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 22/9/2009 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Thank you Mirthful Me, I was just going to fix that. thanks again.

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by toddtenexpa

Petroleum Intelligence Weekly ranks NIOC as the world's second largest oil company, after Saudi Arabia's state-owned Aramco.

Yes, I'd say this is pretty darn interesting news. Remind me how come there isin't coverage and discussion going on about this?

This is actually very big news.

I see two reasonably possible scenarios:
1. the buyers (China/Russia/India) are guaranteeing Iran's continued security
2, the sellers know something is coming and are trying to dump it for fast cash

I'd love to find out who bought the 40%

NIOC has been making all kinds of deals lately with other countries.

for example it could be the Indian's becase...
Indian firms ready to invest $5B in Iran
www.presstv.ir...

Head of the National Iranian Oil Company (NIOC) Seifollah Jashnsaz said in May that Iran's oil production has passed 4.3 million barrels per day.

www.presstv.ir...
wow that alot out oil...

[edit on 22-9-2009 by warrenb]

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Yes it could be Oil India Ltd.. To secure Iran from a attack/invasion I would think it would have Country’s that would protect their investment. China has been buying up any organization that has to do with oil. I am sure having China as a investor in Iran would strengthen its position as future superpower.

[edit on 22-9-2009 by toddtenexpa]

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 09:27 PM
link   
reply to post by warrenb

are you saying obsolete oil market, as in something is coming to replace it? or are you saying Israel attack is coming?

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 09:39 PM
link   
reply to post by warrenb

China has been investing in the past in Irany oil production. "China, Iran Sign $2 Billion Oil Production Agreement" Link www.campaigniran.org.../3695

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Well with Obamas G-20 talk about the global warming problem and how other contries need to do there part, they most likely forsee a downward spiral for the raw material use in power production in the next five years.

Although plastic production will not falter... till we find a cheaper more profitable way to make something similar to patroleum based plastic.

new topics

top topics

join