It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sleeper cells in USA an their impending threats

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2004 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Ever wonder about the sleeper cells, i mean we heard a whole hell of alot about them during 9/11 an a bit afterwards they talked about them but for the most part they havent been widely disccussed except for the advice to "keep a eye out" but these guys (sleeper cell members) could be average joes working 9-5 jobs with a white picket fence an so forth but with or without their families knowledge they carry out their planing on the task that they have been given either before hand or via Internet that will work as a cordinated attack with other cells, i mean they could just be waiting for a certain event or "go word" to start, i mean a terror attack against the USA would for the most part due to extra measures not be carried out in the traditional ways as before, they would most likely live among us an do their devising an work to bring us down internaly witch IMO sounds alot easier to do then from a outside attack. mostly just something that i was thinking alot about an would very much like for more opinons.

posted on May, 15 2004 @ 08:19 PM
link   
I personally dont see the harm in rounding up the folks of middle eastern descent into concentrated areas until this is sorted out(if worse came to worse). it was good enough for the Japanese during WWII...

posted on May, 15 2004 @ 08:54 PM
link   
and what about all of the other people who are not of middle eastern decent that have "terrorist" tendancies??

there is no way to effectivly control "terrorism"

you cant say "lets round up all the middle eastern people" because then theres innocent people being held for no reason.

remember that every race/religeon/country has extreemists who carry out terrorist attacks.

was McVeigh Middle eastern??? no i didnt think so

[Edited on 5-15-2004 by ausconspiracies]

posted on May, 15 2004 @ 10:03 PM
link   
if there are sleeper cells in america, why haven't they used the tactics used by terrorists all over the world?? have the sleeper cells in america seen how inefective the tactics that have been used for a generation have been?? what kind of panic, terror and new patriot acts would be put into place.......
round up everybody that doesn't have lilly white skin..since those are the only people who couldn't possibly be terrorists...right??

posted on May, 15 2004 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Textand what about all of the other people who are not of middle eastern decent that have "terrorist" tendancies

And that is the problem most of this cell are actually american born and breed, and they dont have to look like somebody from the middle east.

posted on May, 15 2004 @ 10:22 PM
link   
I think the sleeper cell issue is too quickly dismissed or fogotten.

Thanks for reminding us

Before September 11, 2001 if someone has said something about sleeper cells of terrorists getting ready to attack.. I think I would have laughed and said you're nuts!

I think there is no doubt that they are among us.. and not just in the USA... Europe is living with this evil as well.

What worries me is what we don't know and as of right now.. that is NOTHING!

The same NOTHING we knew before 9/11/01.

We can speculate for hours here but that really is all we have until we are either attacked or they are found and captured or killed.

What could they do to us now?

I wish I had that answer, but I will bet you it will be a part of a plan that has been years in the making.. and could be worse than anything we can speculate on or imagine at this point.

My only hope is that Al-Qaeda has been so weakened by this war that they have lost some of their ability to carry out massive terror attacks.. but that is only a hope.

Gazz

posted on May, 15 2004 @ 10:51 PM
link   

there is no way to effectivly control "terrorism"

You hit the nail on the head ausconspiracies.

If this was indeed the work of Al-Qaeda, OBL then I am really concerned.

We have no idea what could have been brought into the country pre- 9-11. 9-11 was what 5-6 years in the works? So yeah I still pay attention to the possibilities of sleeper cells. Security, pre, has not been even close to what it is now. And it still is not the best. Drugs are still finding their way into the country one way or another. We have border breaches everyday. People slip in and out of the country on an hourly basis. This scares me.

The list that has been given to hold accountable the Hijackers of 9-11, lived normal everyday lives. Well with the usual flight training and all. A question I still would like answered is " Why was Mohammed Atta and Co seen drinking at nudy bars?" If they are devout Islams, as they and freinds claim to have been, this is defiant of their Religion.

Another thing coming to light in my messed up head is: The Likelyhood of any kind of civil uprising. Here me out on this one before the Flames start.....

Of course non-Bush supporters criticize the War in Iraq to begin with. He did not build the coalition that his Daddy had built. Respect for The United States and its citizens has dropped all over the world, from the prison abuse, to Nick Berg. I think these two recent events are playing huge in Americans minds and possibily changing their feelings towards Iraq. You have the Oklahoma City Bombing, which was not done by Al-Qaeda, but people inside the country that were angry with the government. We could very well see another one, or multiple commited by Americans who are against the government.

You have people killing people everday in the US. You have kids shootin up schools. What if all this was put under an orchrestration of timed events? With the Internet being a huge forum for pulling people together, and Al-Qaeda using it to train, recruit, and discussion, why can't it be done by Americans?

The likelyhood of any longstanding Civil War is out the Window. I believe that will never happen. We could be in a civil revolt on a weekly, monthly, daily basis.

This is a way different time and world we ALL live in today.

posted on May, 15 2004 @ 11:27 PM
link   
Where I live there is a huge population base of people from the middleeast region and I am about 2 miles as the crow flies from the border.Since 9-11 that exact thought has been on my mind and it is on my mind everytime I go out. They tend to keep totally to themselves no eye contact and very seldom will speak with you which is a behavior I am not used to. Now I'm sure we are all here quite aware of how (embarrassingly)
lax our laws and policies are here in Canada and I can think of no other place in Canada that would be most suited to there evil puposes.So my point is you should be very if not more concerned with cells that probably are here where it is very easy to cross the border with anything you want.Very mountainous and easy to hide.

posted on May, 16 2004 @ 10:42 AM
link   
just think, its the people without papers an who dont flow with NORMAL traffic in america who get flagged an watched by the guberment but its that white collar joe could be out carring his/her next plan( an when i say sleeper cells, i mean the people who have been recruited or born into it these people have passion for what they do not a certain race cuz every race is in on it, in one way shape or form) , witch isnt very safe in my mind, an a civil uprising would most likely believe it or not could be started by the sleeper cells, or at least some of their members would join in. overall i think this thread could be a roll-a-dex of info spanning from ideas on how to find them (constitutionally) to where or when we could expect a attack, we are really good at comming up with senerios an when they could happen based apon current events so i would like to see some of that preformed here, an IMO senerios are a great way to prepare, Just look at movies anyways thanks to all who have responded an i appologize for my lack of grammer, puncuation, spelling, Imma slacker

posted on May, 16 2004 @ 12:47 PM
link   
not only in the USA !!

germany,great britain,spain,france...

no matter how the police is doing research it seems to mayor focal points of these celles are in the mosques.

do not forget that nowadays internet via satelitte can be received in any "part of the world" just on kinda
cheap laptop pc and cellphones go internationaal too
without delays !

so...instructions from islam arab countries are feedback to other cells all over the globe...
fortunatly their co-ordination most of the times sucks like hell...else we would be getting more of "dantes hell"
to see.

posted on May, 16 2004 @ 10:20 PM
link   
doesnt it piss you off to know that these people come to the US to learn aviation, physics, etc... & then do this crap. call me racist or whatever but I would deport every Arab in the country. 99% may be innocent but it could still save lives. so what if only 80% of the sleepers are Arabic, that would be a pretty big dent in their numbers. The idea may seem extreme to some but perception is a relative thing. To me a Nazi style death camp for them all is extreme.

to all who say there is no way to control terrorism I say b.s.!!! we havent tried much of anything to control terrorism on our own soil. our borders are still a joke. bomb a few cities & when that doesnt work just give up???

new topics

top topics

join