It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is China doing some strange genetic experimentation?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 02:15 AM
link   
What is up with these weird Chinese medical conditions....

''Tree Man'' or ''Coral Shell Man''....
www.telegraph.co.uk...

''Monkey Man''...
www.ananova.com...

Is there something in the water?
Is it some sort of chemical process in China?
Cosmic rays?
Radiation?

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 02:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by THX-1138
What is up with these weird Chinese medical conditions....

''Tree Man'' or ''Coral Shell Man''....
www.telegraph.co.uk...

''Monkey Man''...
www.ananova.com...

Is there something in the water?
Is it some sort of chemical process in China?
Cosmic rays?
Radiation?

China is very poor in many places, and there are many places where the living conditions are filthy. The working conditions are usually just as horrid, the healthcare system. Basically, I think those are the reasons, but I am not sure that two cases equals an epidemic or something... does this happen more in China than elsewhere?

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 02:41 AM
link   
Hmmm..China and it's crazy diseases.

It could be mad medical engineering gone horribly awry, or maybe something else mundane.

I have seen the "tree disease" before, on a Discovery program abot a man from Indonesia. The diease is called Epidermodysplasia verruciformis. What it is, is basically a genetic abnormality that leaves the skin highly susceptible to HPV (human papilloma virus, a form that the vaccine Gardisal prevents in girls).The resulting HPV infections cause scaly growths, especially on the hands and feet. There is a high risk of carcinomas of the skin. So that disease is exceptonally rare, but not specific to China. Good old Wikipedia.

Your monkey man might suffer from something like hypertrichosis, which is not unknown to the western world.

The shell guy is interesting. If it was some kind of genetic modification or engineering, who ever thought humans fused with shells was the best idea ever is probably feeling a little sheepish right now.
Maybe all their water is horribly irradiated by secret nuke testing! Soon, some crazy Fallout guys will be crawling out of there.

Most likely though, it's just normal human oddity. A mutation brought on by chance, an infection certain bodies can't handle while many others can.
Only if a scientist looks me dead in the face, with a complete video archive of the proceedings, various important memos and papers documenting these crazy genetic experiments, will I submit.
I think China has more pressing things on it's collective mind than Shell Man, who sounds like a lame super hero anyway.

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 02:41 AM
link   
reply to post by THX-1138

Genetic mutations in a country with such a large population is to be expected. to be honest im surprised there arent more mutations. So in closing China may or may not be performing genetic experimentation. Although im sure they are but the cases you have listed as proof of such activity is by no means conclusive.

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 02:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by TiM3LoRd

Genetic mutations in a country with such a large population is to be expected. to be honest im surprised there arent more mutations.

Exactly.

I'm sure western countries have more than their fair share of genetic mutations, but it doesn't suit the media's purpose to publicise them all the time.

top topics

join