It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Astrobiologists finally make a new equation for life on other planets! But when will it be released

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 07:49 PM
link   
cosmiclog.msnbc.msn.com...

This link shows that astrobiologists are trying to make a new equation for life on other planets. I really dont know if the equation will make sense? The universe is so unpredictable how can an equation map out exoplanets?? It will be better then the Drake equation (hopefully)?? What are your opinions??

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Well, the problem with this and the drake equation is the assumption that life ACTUALLY exists outside of our planet. I mean honestly, we still don't know without certainty of how life began on our planet, much less us. There is a huge evolutionary step between bacteria and animal cells, we still can't explain that. I must say that science of today has made a bad habit of trying to explain something that we still don't understand...they need to keep it real and just say "I don't know".

But then again as Donald Rumsfield famously said, "The absence of evidence is not evidence of absence." meaning that just because we can't find it doesn't mean it ain't there.

Until the US or any foreign government comes out the closet and says yes there is life out there, we will always speculate. I mean honestly, according to what's floating around today in the scientific community, we could search the cosmos for the next ten thousand years and never run across extraterritorial life forms.

I'm still wanting for the Japanese government to release those high resolution HD pictures they have of the moon, hopefully they won't stomp on them to much.

new topics

join