It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Foul Smelling Air !

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 11:56 PM
link   
I am situated in Brighton ( England ) and wanted to both put this on the record and to ask if others are noticing it in their area. It started Yesterday ( Saturday ) at about 4 p.m. There was a strong smell of Sulpher in the air, or as someone who was with me described it, bad eggs. This lasted for hours, then the air turned a kind of metalic smell. It is now 5.47a.m. on sunday morning and the air smells like acid and my breathing is laboured and my throat is very dry. This has been going on for about twelve hours! With all of the recent concern over swine flu, I am more than a little concerned that someone has tampered with the air. At least if anything comes of this and there are any happenings in this area, at least other people would have some information in hindsight. Any ideas?

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 12:04 AM
link   
Whoa this is too weird. This has been going on in my area too everyday. I live in Spring, Texas, but it is not limited to one area. I have been smelling it all around. It smells horrible. The only thing is I haven't smelled anything metallic.... yet.....Didn't one of the cities in California recently have this smell too? I wonder what is up.

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 12:18 AM
link   
This same thing keeps happening every few weeks somewhere around the world. There is half a dozen threads on ATS about it in different places. As of yet no one seems to know what is causing it.

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 12:27 AM
link   
Thanks! Can you please point me in the direction of any of the other threads. I can`t recall seeing anything like this mentioned, but when you are following different areas, things are easy to miss.

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 01:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Qwenn

Flagged!

About three weeks ago an ATS member reported to same Sulfer smell in San Francisco CA.. If I remember correctly, it was even on one of the San Francisco news channels.

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 03:01 AM
link   
There is also a thread about arizona having horrible toxins in it's atmosphere.

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 03:05 AM
link   

The Earth has replenished its surface with carbon throughout geologic time. The supply may have come from hydrocarbons originally included in the body and outgassing largely through faults in the crust. Combustible gases are frequently released in earthquakes and seem to be an essential part of that phenomenon. New sources of fuel and improved earthquake prediction may come from a better understanding of the processes
reply to post by Qwenn

I would be more concerned about an earthquake as it is widely reported that sulpher smells are noted before some large quakes. There is an ongoing investigastion near Atlanta Ga right now however for the same smells, they have not yet located the source or sources.

[edit on 20-9-2009 by space cadet]

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 04:19 AM
link   
Apparently there was a big elecrical storm here last night, which I somehow slept through, according to others, it was a big one. Which is unusual because I can normally tell when thunder and lightning is on the way, not this time. The air seems clearer now, but I will be on the lookout for any more smells.

P.S. It seems that the storm happened at around Midnight, so it was`nt that which cleared the air!

[edit on 20-9-2009 by Qwenn]

[edit on 20-9-2009 by Qwenn]

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by useless eaters
reply to post by Qwenn

Flagged!

About three weeks ago an ATS member reported to same Sulfer smell in San Francisco CA.. If I remember correctly, it was even on one of the San Francisco news channels.

That was due to an algae bloom. They bloom, they die, it stinks. So that one wasn't a mystery.

top topics

join