It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

what are we missing

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 12:19 PM
link   
O.K. I was thinking about the fish in the water story.
You know, where fish can swim left, right, and forward, but they have no concept of up, down or backwards.

Then I started to wonder what else fish don’t understand and it occurred to me that they probably don’t even understand the very concept of the water itself, not counting the concepts of thrust, propulsion, or momentum. All they probably know is, “If I move my tail, I will go.”

Then I started to wonder how this related to us.
How much do we really know about the world around us? All we know is, “If I move my legs, I will go.”
Obviously it is not quite that simple. We are much more learned than the fish, but for example, If you tried to explain to the fish that backwards is just swimming to what is behind it, the fish would swim in a little circle and when it got to its target it would say, “There.

But unless you put your hand on it and pushed it backwards, it would probably get confused every time you even mentioned backwards.

I wonder what we are missing that would become more clear with the guiding hand of some outside observer.

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 12:33 PM
link   
good question. i often tell myself, "we are missing something what is it". and i think i mean in regards to our spiritual selves, and our abilities.

like, why does everything believe that we have to die? it confuses me that with our problem solving capabilities that everyone has this belief we are suppose to die. as well as, we are not perfect. im tired of hearing that as well because there is no reason in my mind that we couldnt be perfect.

[edit on 19-9-2009 by onequestion]

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by president

I actually got the Idea for this thread from another thread on ats where the guy was talking about inside and outside.

If a being unlike ourselves told us that inside was simply a thing that was inside another thing, we would walk to the door, go through and when we reached our target, we would say, "There.
"

But What if the being grabbed us and simply moved us directly inside in some other way than the door.

If we couldn't ever do it, just as the fish could never phisically swim backwards, would we understand the lesson or simply remain confused.

I feel the same thing applies to alternate dimensions, universes, and points in time and space. Some beings could simply go there while we will always need to find a door.

P.S. I could not find the thread I was talking about, but when I find it, I will embed it on here.

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by president

Maybe if you try to put the ET's and 4th dimentions into this, you'd get some where..

just pretend ET was here 6500 years ago or 13000 years ago, and that they will be here in 3 years (totall of 26000 years). maybe youll get some answers atleast ...

or stick to the Fish in water !!

top topics

join