It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

N Korea says it would win nuke war with US

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2003 @ 12:05 AM
link   
North Korea claims it will win any nuclear exchange with the US.... They are acting as a front for China

story.news.yahoo.com.../nm/20030217/ts_nm/korea_north_dc&printer=1

posted on Feb, 17 2003 @ 09:56 AM
link   
If North Korea is acting as a puppet of China, that would explain their defiance and lack of fear for U.S. firepower. China seems to be rather low keyed about this issue, perhaps that�s why. The Bible predicts a multi-million man army, of the �Kings of the East� that will march across the Euphrates River and eventually attack Israel.

Revelation 16:12 - "And the sixth angel poured out his vial upon the great river Euphrates; and the water thereof was dried up, that the way of the kings of the east might be prepared."

It�s interesting that rumours suggest that Saddam Hussein may have had demolitions placed at the dam on the upper Euphrates River. Blowing the damn, could cause the river to become much less of an obstacle for an army to cross.

In many ways, watching current news could be considered a reflection of Biblical prophecy coming true before our eyes.

Link: www.worthynews.com...

Food for Thought,
Deep

posted on Feb, 17 2003 @ 09:59 AM
link   
February 17, 2003

North Korea marked leader Kim Jong-Il's birthday yesterday by urging the military to be on alert and the people to "burn with hatred" against the United States. The anti-U.S. diatribe in the state-run newspaper Rodong Sinmun appeared at the height of government-orchestrated celebrations for Kim's 61st birthday, which was hailed with festivals, speeches and calls for patriotism.

Kim's birthday is a national holiday in North Korea.
Rodong Sinmun said the U.S. was pushing its nuclear dispute with North Korea "to the brink of war." America and its allies are pressuring the North to abandon its nuclear weapons program.

"All servicemen of the Korea People's Army should always be on the alert," the newspaper's editorial said. "All party members and workers must burn with hatred and hostility in their hearts toward U.S. imperialists. When the decisive time comes, we must rise as one and should show in full the heroic might of the people."

Story Link www.wnd.com...

posted on Feb, 17 2003 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Taiwan President Chen Shui-bian yesterday expressed alarm over the rapid expansion of the mainland's naval power, which he said posed a threat to the island's security.

The build-up over the past few years "poses a threat ... to regional stability and our national security," Chen said during an inspection of a Taiwanese naval taskforce at Keelung harbor in the island's north, according to the South China Morning Post.

In response, "the Defense Ministry has worked out comprehensive and far-sighted plans. The navy will emerge as a brand-new force," he said.

The naval taskforce � comprised of a locally built Perry-class frigate, a French-built Lafayette-class frigate and a logistics supply vessel � is scheduled to sail to the Caribbean later this month for an annual long-distance naval cadet training program.

Defense Minister Tang Yiau-ming spoke of his alarm in October when a mainland destroyer from the North Sea fleet for the first time sailed through the waters east of Taiwan to join exercises in the South China Sea.

Story Link www.wnd.com...

posted on Feb, 17 2003 @ 10:46 AM
link   
"Victory in a nuclear conflict will be ours and the red flag of army-first politics will flutter ever more vigorously," a North Korean state radio broadcast said, as reported by South Korea's Yonhap news agency. "

Only words and rethorical propaganda ! If Pyongyang want to nuke a US city, Peking will not back North-Korea.
Chicoms are really pragmatic peoples, and they don't want to be all nuked because North-Koreans are playing a dangerous game.

Link

posted on Feb, 17 2003 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Nobody seems to get this basic fact through their heads: If nuclear weapons strike both sides in a war, *nobody* wins! Even if the war-leaders manage to survive a nuclear exchange, the general population of their country dies & the support structure that *made* them leaders dies with the people.

What was that movie a couple of decades ago?...Yeah, War Games. About a defense computer that thinks that it could start a nuclear war, but is forced to play against itself in simulator-mode & decides that *no one* wins with nuclear exchange.

The only *possible* way to win would be if your own nukes hit & the other country never gets a chance to launch theirs at you...With modern surveilance & satellite monitoring, no one would be able to "sneak" nuke missles past the other's defense.

posted on Feb, 17 2003 @ 04:54 PM
link   
MidnightDStroyer, you right.

But don't forget that Kim Il Sung wrote that a nuclear war was not a problem for him. He wrote that he will rebuilt his country with just 10% of the peoples if necessary. North-Koreans military and officials are still thinking that they can do and win a nuclear war. If the USA ( or any other nuclear nation ) are nuked by them, they will reply.

And for the movie, " The Day After " is much better if we want to have an idea on what will be a nuclear war.

posted on Feb, 17 2003 @ 05:29 PM
link   
eh... i'd think cthulhu wins

posted on Feb, 17 2003 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Kim just straight up doesnt care how many people, foreign or his own, that he gets killed. I believe he is acting as a front for China, and Kim probably already has his escape mapped out, straight to Beijing.

Also, I hate to say it, The Day After is probably nowhere near as bad as it really will be after an exchange. I read an article written by a Nagasaki survivor who saw the movie, and thought that it didnt correctly portray just how bad a nuke strike is.... and Nagasaki was a SMALL nuke, and only one, compared to what will likely happen today...

posted on Feb, 17 2003 @ 09:09 PM
link   
I used to think teh chinese american war that will happen would be in like 50-75 years but all these recent developments make me think it goin to be much sooner like the next decade.

posted on Feb, 17 2003 @ 09:12 PM
link   
How about like in the next 30 days????

posted on Feb, 17 2003 @ 10:18 PM
link   
the only thing we can do is hope that n. korea is merely a rogue nation with china being nothing more than a bystander. and in the event of a nuclear strike on any us city japan and south korea will easily wipe the north koreans out exsistance.

if a nuclear strike were made i don't realy know what would happen other than possibly another nuclear strike than nuclear war, i hope any way would be avoided and if it was to be so would be fought conventinally. then we would have a greater chance of victory. the n. koreans will probably not be so easy on us however.

that's my sad two cents. worthless

posted on Feb, 18 2003 @ 04:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by dragonrider
Kim just straight up doesnt care how many people, foreign or his own, that he gets killed. I believe he is acting as a front for China, and Kim probably already has his escape mapped out, straight to Beijing.

I am beginning to see your point, this is VERY troubling.

posted on Feb, 18 2003 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Considering that we probably have more missles sitting in a submarine in one of North Korea's harbors then they will EVER produce in our lifetimes, I find he statement quit laughable, I say we let the japanese handle them.

posted on Feb, 18 2003 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by drudgejr
eh... i'd think cthulhu wins

Like one irish git used to say:

some brains in ya eh bear?

new topics

top topics

join