It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Would You Take The Soma?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 02:46 AM
link   
Recently a friend asked me "if they really had soma would you take it?" In reference to the soma from Huxley's Brave New World. I didn't answer, nor did he.

So I thought about it and began to wonder. And to be honest I think I would take it, it would be the easy thing to do. To live a care free lifestyle with no fear, even if it is just chemically induced happiness. I would think that it would be an easy way for the elites to take over, but being on soma I don't think that I would care. Just in my blissful little euphoria.

Keeping in mind all the alcohol, nicotine, illegal substances and drug (prescribed or not) ussage around the world I had a feeling that I'm not the only one to feel this way. I would like to know if people would/wouldn't take it and why?

[edit on 9/19/2009 by TheAntiHero420]

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 03:34 AM
link   
a soma holiday sounded pretty cool to me. Not sure about all the other things that come a long with a Brave New world.

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 03:42 AM
link   
Yeah, storyline aside if the government handed out soma on a daily basis would you take it? And more importantly, what are your reasons?

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 03:46 AM
link   
very nice idea. Would you take the red pill, in case there is no blue pill anymore? Would you choose happy numbness over painful seeking?

I really can't answer that, i just don't know to what actions would drive me a scenario as brave new world. Nevertheless, the idea to give up the fight makes me crumble inside and i hope no one will ever invent a free of charge dream world soma pill.

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 03:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheAntiHero420
Yeah, storyline aside if the government handed out soma on a daily basis would you take it? And more importantly, what are your reasons?

I would take it. I dont drink alcohol so a little soma every night might be a good thing. Helps you relax, takes away your stresses, cant be bad

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 06:20 AM
link   
reply to post by TheAntiHero420

Isn`t Soma an actual substance ? The fungi Amanita muscaria .

Curiously , it is not filtered out by passing through the human body . So the urine of somebody inebriated on soma is full strength .

Thus leading the poor thrill-seekers of Europe once upon a time,to collect the urine of the wealthy Soma drinkers in all manner of en genius ways .....

Rough night out ?

yes.

Am i talking the piss ?

No.

[edit on 19-9-2009 by UmbraSumus]

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 06:27 AM
link   
reply to post by TheAntiHero420

I DID! Its called 30 something years believing our governments were going to come good and trusting that most values thrust upon us by the establishment where true- talk about being asleep at the wheel!

new topics

top topics

join