It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel Assembles Advanced Missile Defense Systems

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Israel Assembles Advanced Missile Defense Systems

www.washingtonpost.com

As Israel pushes for international action against Iran's nuclear program, it is steadily assembling one of the world's most advanced missile defense systems, a multilayered collection of weapons meant to guard against everything from the shorter-range Grads that have been used to strike Israeli towns such as this one to intercontinental rockets.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 01:43 PM
link   

The effort, partly financed by the United States and incorporating advanced U.S. radar and other technology, has been progressing quietly for two decades but now has reached a level of maturity that Israeli defense and other analysts say could begin changing strategic decisions in the region. Centered on the already-deployed Arrow 2 antimissile system, it is being extended to include a longer-range Arrow 3, the David's Sling rocket designed to hit lower- and slower-flying cruise missiles, and the Iron Dome system intended to destroy Grads, Katyushas, Qassams and other shorter-range projectiles fired from the Gaza Strip and southern Lebanon.

Israel getting ready

www.washingtonpost.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 18-9-2009 by JohnL]

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Israel will not attack because they KNOW 50% of those 10,000 missiles that Iran has locked on target, are aimed at Tel Aviv.

That will literally destroy their city. No matter how many American Troops or Anti-Missile Silos are set up in and around Israel.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Even the US's best cannot take down hundreds of missles.

As soon as israel tries something, they will litterally get rained on with missles.

Unlike Iran, they are a VERY small country.

Like israel, Iran has MANY weapons.

America can't overtake rag tag armies with the best army in the world.

What makes israel think they can take on the largest Arab army?

Even if they kill 50% of Iran, they will still out number them.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Only divine intervention like what is described in Ezekiel 38 will be able to save them from total destruction, cause the U.S. will NOT be getting involved in this one.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by breakingdradles

...and it would start a war that would last until there was no trace of Israel left on the face of the planet, the arab nations would make sure of it.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 03:40 PM
link   
You do know that the isreali's have Nuclear weapons on top of there Jericho missles right? They've had them in the negev for over 20 years. Who cares if the iranians have alot of conventional weapons. You fire a few Jericho's and its game over. Everyone gets in on the radiation.

So if your hoping someone will be insane enough to acutaly launch, relax...sit back and have some popcorn. Cause they are crazy enough to end the world, and theres absolutely nothing we can do about it.

The crazies are in control.

::eats popcorn sits back and watches the sky turn colors::

bummer..

:f

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Oh... so is Iran still the threat?

Israel is just looking for headlines, then they will keep fabricating "news", the next one will be "Iran has the bomb!".
You'll see.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 04:31 PM
link   

What makes israel think they can take on the largest Arab army

Iran is not an Arab country, they don't like Arabs; but
"The enemy of my enemy is my friend"

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 05:03 PM
link   
The Samson Option

Yes, I realize that the link is Wikipedia..but the Samson Option has long been a "defense" against the destruction of Israel. I would suspect that it came dangerously close to being implemented during the Six Day War.

The Jews at one time were being exterminated. I don't imagine they would let that happen again.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by lightchild

True..hardly any arab country likes the persians(guess who...cough saudi's) That doesn't mean for a second that citizens in(insert country here) would not retaliate by themselves.Imo disregarding nukes...Israel would be destroyed by Iran.Give Israel all the high tech gear you want...superior numbers would win,just as it did for the russians.If it comes down to nukes...well say bye bye to Israel.And that's that no matter which spectrum you wish to covet.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by lightchild

What makes israel think they can take on the largest Arab army

Iran is not an Arab country, they don't like Arabs; but
"The enemy of my enemy is my friend"

Hey lightchild,
thanks for posting informed facts. I appreciate it. This is NOT sarcasm.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 06:06 PM
link   
I think that deep down, the regime in Israel knows that their tiny tiny tiny nation cannot even survive 2 nuclear strikes without literally wiping out virtually their entire population, even if 2 medium sized nukes were dropped say on Tel-Aviv and West Jerusalem--

And it is fairly well known among the political connoscenti that Iran has (and can easily acquire with all of its oil cash) medium sized nukes from any rogue nation (including Russia) and use them if necessary against anyone in their vicinity who would dare to become aggressive with them.

Iran is easily 150 times larger in size than tiny tiny Israel--and could completely destroy Israel in a few hours--the question would be

a. what would be the response from the higher ranking Ashkenazim within the US government (esp AIPAC related persons) to an Iranian nucklear strike on Tel-Aviv,

and b. would Iran be forcing the west into some version of World War III which would inevitably have them partnering with other forces in the world to destroy NYC with nuclear strikes on Brooklyn/northern New Jersey and Miami Beach &tc.

Either way, all this sabre rattling is a little disturbing to say the least, and I cannot imagine that even 'BB for brains Nuttin'Honey' would seriously consider attacking Iran--unless he has a Messiah complex (which the little worm might have !)

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Israel doesn't have to take out the hundreds of missiles.

They take out the leadership and with nuclear EMP's the Iranian crap won't get off the ground.

Persians have consistently gotten slaughtered every single time they met a western power.

And Israel is Western in culture, orientation, weaponry, and training.

We might note that Iraq slaughtered hundred of thousands of dumbass Iranians who wanted to die for Allah.

Israel can do no less.

[edit on 18-9-2009 by dooper]

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Israel has long been considered a "2 nuke state" meaning thats about all it would ake to wipe them out. Iran is about 75 times bigger. I guess that makes them what a 150-200 nukes state? Too bad for them Israel has that many and could toally wipe Iran off the map. Of course this wouldnt be needed...only about 10 or so on their major population centers. This could be done in a second strike by Israeli subs if needed.

Originally posted by Sigismundus
I think that deep down, the regime in Israel knows that their tiny tiny tiny nation cannot even survive 2 nuclear strikes without literally wiping out virtually their entire population, even if 2 medium sized nukes were dropped say on Tel-Aviv and West Jerusalem--

And it is fairly well known among the political connoscenti that Iran has (and can easily acquire with all of its oil cash) medium sized nukes from any rogue nation (including Russia) and use them if necessary against anyone in their vicinity who would dare to become aggressive with them.

Iran is easily 150 times larger in size than tiny tiny Israel--and could completely destroy Israel in a few hours--the question would be

a. what would be the response from the higher ranking Ashkenazim within the US government (esp AIPAC related persons) to an Iranian nucklear strike on Tel-Aviv,

and b. would Iran be forcing the west into some version of World War III which would inevitably have them partnering with other forces in the world to destroy NYC with nuclear strikes on Brooklyn/northern New Jersey and Miami Beach &tc.

Either way, all this sabre rattling is a little disturbing to say the least, and I cannot imagine that even 'BB for brains Nuttin'Honey' would seriously consider attacking Iran--unless he has a Messiah complex (which the little worm might have !)

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by CanadianDream420
Israel will not attack because they KNOW 50% of those 10,000 missiles that Iran has locked on target, are aimed at Tel Aviv.

And if that doesn't work Iran could always photoshop more.

Israel could always ask the US for assistance. I hope Obama sits this one out and doesn't offer them our assistance. I would hate for Israel to turn around and sell our assistance to China or whomever again...

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Well lets just hope all the reports of "Alien intervention" from ww2 and on are true.

I just hope if and when the third world war begins im at ground zero of a big nuke, cause radiation and all that jazz would just suck.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Any nuclear attack on Israel by Iran will kill a lot of Palestinian people.

Ether from the 10% of the missiles that go off coarse. or from the fallout from the weapons.

If Iran tried to hit Jerusalem its going to kill a lot more Palestinians then Israelis.

Because the Israeli population has extensive NBC defense training and Israel has a large number of hardened shelters for there people and the Palestinians have no training and few shelters. A lot of Palestinians will die in any attack and in far higher number the the Israelis.

Who are the Palestinians going to be mad at then.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 07:40 PM
link   
reply to post by ANNED

ANNED, that was dead on.

The problem for the Palestinians is that they are Arab, and Iranian Persians wouldn't give a damn.

In this instance, I can actually see every Arab state turning their heads at the proper moment if Israel needs to cross borders to make their strike.

Arab nations hate the Persians, and vice-versa.

A nuclear Iran is unacceptable to everyone.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 08:19 PM
link   
What make Israel different from Iran is that in Israel, the nuclear option is and always has been a weapon of last resort.

If Iran were to actually acquire nukes, their regime is so unpredictable that no one can know if they would shot first and ask questions later. A nuclear Iran is a bigger threat to the Saudis, Kuwaitis and the Iraqis. A nuclear Iran will try to dictate to the Arab oil states and try to dominate the region.

All the anti-Israel stuff is really a distraction. Israel understands that Iran is crazy enough to use Israel as an example to scare the Arab world. No one in Saudi Arabia would shed a tear for Israel; however, if Iran struck Israel with a nuke or two, then the non-nuclear Arab countries would be powerless to refuse Iran's dictates.

If Israel were to preemptively strike Iran, they would be doing all of Iran's Arab neighbors a favor. There would be tons of public outrage followed by more private relief.

[edit on 18-9-2009 by finemanm]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join