It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lets Keep Track of Rolling Blackouts

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 09:21 PM
link   
For the past 2-3 years, my brother and I have been keeping track of rolling blackouts in our city. At different times at about 3 month intervals we have had power outages that lasted exactly 1 hour each. We live in 2 different parts of the city and the outages have never occurred at the same time for both of us. There is another thread that talks about this, but the point of this thread is different.

I want to keep track of blackouts in different parts of the United States so I am starting this thread. We can discuss this in the other thread(www.abovetopsecret.com...), but please post your dates and times and the length of the blackouts here in this thread. Ignoring the past 2 years I will begin with the event that occurred tonight. Let's see if there is some kind of energy shortage in the United States such that we are having rolling blackouts that have not been announced to the citizens.

If we find that enough of these occur maybe we can demand answers from our representatives!
Please be precise and keep the format constant.

Date ----- Begin Time ----- End Time ----- Length ----- City/State
=======================================================
9/17/2009 ----- 9:00 PM --------- 9:30 PM ----- 30 Minutes ----- Tallahassee/Florida

[edit on 17-9-2009 by memarf1]

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 09:59 PM
link   
Are you aware of this thread:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

it's strange, this is the first time I have heard of this conspiracy theory and I just found both these threads at the same time.

Anyway this is a great idea.

I thankfully can't say my power goes off very often, but I am very intregued about this.

good luck, I hope to see this thread thriving soon.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 10:08 PM
link   
I'm in California, about 45 miles from Los Angeles, give or take, and haven't had a black-out or brown-out even so far. Then again, we've only busted 100F a few days this summer, so it is a cooler than normal season so far. Even today, it only hit 93.

If things change, I'll let you know.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 10:10 PM
link   
Here in Joliet, IL we've so far had two blackouts this summer, one in early june and one in late mid july. both lasted for around five hours each.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 11:25 PM
link   
reply to post by eightonefive

If we can get specific times and dates and locations and lengths of blackouts I'll edit the first post on this thread every so often to keep a running list. If we have comments about this topic though, please let's discuss it in the other thread listed above.

top topics

join