It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

OBE - The experiment

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 03:01 AM
link   
If I’m not wrong all David Wilcock’s theories started to emerge after he acquired the tool many here testify they got, the ability to perform an OBE. The thing is 2012 is getting closer and closer and I cant really see how things are gonna change somehow. I’ve seen a lot of threads here of members saying they can perform the famous OBE and share their experiences. Now telling you the truth I don’t believe it, I don’t believe you are able to go out of the body.

Now…it doesn’t mean it cannot be possible because I don’t believe you so I’m asking if an experiment can be carried out.

You have to help me which tests can be carried out to confirm the liability of such an experience since I’ve never gone through one and cant really tell what a person is able to do.

For example the ultimate test I have in mind is that I draw a symbol and put it in a box..i will give you the address and exact location…and than you return the contents.

The thing is…if we can together prove if OBE is possible or not we can help a lot of members here who still fantasies about such things.

Please post if you have some Ideas as for an experiment, note this thread is not about experiences but about proving it can be done, also who are her the members who volunteer to prove what they are doing is real.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 03:27 AM
link   
I have seen demos of OBE, and read about folks who died on an operating table, went outside the building and saw a tennis shoe on a ledge, then came back to the body and told about it.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 04:00 AM
link   
From what i've read on OBEs (not having had one myself, yet) Seeing writing and things like that, can be difficult. Or at least, missleading. (which is why they don't just all come back with next weeks lotto numbers) Seeing people doing things, is much easier (again, apparently) Maybe it'd be better to say "what was i doing at a said time at a said location" but then you've got to get someone who's good enough at OOBE to do this on command.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 07:25 PM
link   
guess it will remain a mystery for me and others who never had such experience

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 04:18 AM
link   
I appreciate what you're trying to do - I tried to do an experiment like this with remote viewing in the past, which had mixed results, but for some reason there wasn't too much interest in that either.

I do feel a bit disappointed that none of the 'big names' in the large OOBE thread here haven't responded. Maybe post in there a link to this in case they haven't seen it?

If they've read this and don't feel up to it, I'd be interested to hear why.

[edit on 18-9-2009 by Nova]

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Here is my 2c about OOBE. I believe I've had two or three that I was conscious of. In every case the experience was so overwhelming, thrilling and scary that I don't think I could have disciplined myself to go somewhere and look inside a box. I had the first experience about three yrs ago and for at least a year afterward was terrified of having another one. Although it was thrilling and mindbending, it was extremely alien and not at all what I had expected having a lifelong interest in this subject. That being said, I can imagine that if one practices, one gets better, just like anything else. I guess I would liken my experience to being a newborn and being overwhelmed by lights, sounds, etc. that it was all I could do just to experience it, not to go off on missions.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 10:24 AM
link   
let's say you do the box experiment.
Then it wouldn't require an OBE to go see what is inside it.
I'm thinking: remote vision, channeled information, telepathy (you know what is inside), etc....
What I mean to say is, even if someone knows what's in the box, it still reamains a mistery on how he found out.

I do believe some people know information they should not know or claim to have been out of their bodies, but it could have been all of the above instead.

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 05:14 PM
link   
I believe that OBE's are produced by unexpected endorphin releases during meditation or sleep, the OBE is merely a hallucinogenic 'trip'.

These chemicals are reserved for when you depart this world to make it a lot more pleasant, (which is what causes NDE's too) but some people can inadvertantly trigger them to produce an OBE.

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Now telling you the truth I don’t believe it, I don’t believe you are able to go out of the body.

I posted a method somewhere in the last few pages of the OOBE thread that, as long as you are fully relaxed, should produce an OBE and you can see/do it for yourself.

For example the ultimate test I have in mind is that I draw a symbol and put it in a box..i will give you the address and exact location…and than you return the contents.

I don't think it works quite like that, or at least it doesn't for me. I've never been able to direct specifically where I go when I'm OBE, only that I can make it happen. But maybe that's just me.

[edit on 19-9-2009 by Allyson]

top topics

join