It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How are women treated within and/or by Freemasonry?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 03:07 PM
link   
I'm curious how this group views women in general. Is it any different than society's view at large? Are there specific regulations regarding women?

Are women allowed to join Freemasonry, or is it for men only?

Curious!

- Mea

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Veritas Lux Mea

In almost all "Free and Accepted Mason" lodges, women are not allowed to join. There are some other types of Masonry, and some of them allow women, but the generally accepted "Masons" are the FAAM ones.

Almost all of the Masons I know are married. We love our women and treat them well. Some of the views are a little old fashioned, but then again most of the Masons are pretty old!

There are a lot of Masonic related Organizations for women as well. My Wife is a member of the "Daughters of the Nile". There is the "Eastern Star" and others. These are all good organizations with similar principles and charities as the Masons.

I hope that helps!

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Some are. I've talked to someone ( a woman) who was invited to join the freemasons by a family member. Her grandfather or uncle.

Not sure how they are treated.

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Well who doesnt like women? Anyways, women cannot become masons but they can join order of the eastern star, which is a masonic like organization. My wife is a member.

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Your thoughts echo the thoughts of Dan Browns new book in one area where his student asks the same type of question. Good question.

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Women are not allowed to join any regular or recognized Masonic Lodge. They are allowed to join Ladies of the Beauceant and OES. I would say women are treated just fine in regards to Freemasonry. Chivalry isn't completely dead.

reply to post by getreadyalready

Don't forget AF&AM, which also do not allow women to join the Lodges.

new topics

top topics

join