It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dr. Oz says: Get the swine flu vaccine!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 12:40 AM
link   
I've been fairly neutral about the swine flu. I think it has been over-hyped. It is virulent, and quite contagious, but not as bad as some would like you to think. I'll let others quibble over the fact if it's man-made, or if it's a big pharm strategy, or something else. Personally, I don't think there is enough evidence yet to prove a thing.

My wife watches Oprah, and now, Dr. Oz (by virtue of his appearances on Oprah), who has his own show. Well, today, his first segment was about the swine flu. He had 3 "experts" on his show, and the third fellow (from the Mayo clinic), was quite adamant that everyone should get the swine flu vaccine. He did cover the possible risks and worries, and did mention the 1976 vaccinations, but said this 25% chance of catching the flu as a child for example, outweighed those risks by far (saying that 1 in 100,000 were affected by the ill-effects of previous vaccinations).

I was watching for Oz to see if he would advocate Tamiflu, but he did not. He covered the basics, which was good. But the segment concluded by him getting the flu shot (if it really was), and then, told everyone on the show they'd be getting the shot... to which the crowd cheered. My wife's reaction was: We have to get that!

Well, I explained the ins and outs, although I told her it might be a good idea if she did (she has diabetes — the result of her Asian heritage most likely), as those with medical conditions can be especially hard hit. But I was surprised by how forceful he was in his suggestion that everyone get it. And how he said everyone on his show WOULD be getting it. It raised my eyebrow a bit (in a Spock-like way).

So it seems like the mission to spread the word and the vaccine is now on the fast-track.

What other media outlets / shows / radio programs has anyone heard where the vaccine is being touted as being critical and necessary to get as soon as possible?

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 12:56 AM
link   
Hmmmmm let me just go over the facts...

Millions of people infected with swine flu... check.

500 deaths world wide to swine flu... check.

Same amount affected each year by seasonal flu... check.

100,000+ deaths world wide to seasonal flu... wait a minute...

Why has oprah never decided to hype the seasonal flu? It's been killing exponentially larger amounts of people, year after year, decade after decade. Yet no oprah show. No hours upon hours of daily media coverage.. WTF???

Maybe it's cause "swine flu" is such a catchy name.

Alright, well I am going to take a potentially lethal vaccination now, which could give me the flu itself (purpose defeated). OR, the swine flu could mutate, making all vaccines based on other versions pointless (purpose defeated)...

0.0005% chance to die from swine flu, and thats only one a "1,000,000" infected calculation. The actual number is in the multiple millions. In fact, they have quit testing specifically for swine flu ALL TOGETHER. That's how big a non issue is.

Now to wrap up this entire fluffy cake.

No mass produced, and mass used vaccination has been as safe as 0.0005%, and keep in mind that was an extremely low estimate.

Let's not even begin to mention the fact that this is a rushed vaccine, without proper, thorough testing.

So you go try your luck, i'll pray I don't fall into that 0.0005%.

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 01:35 AM
link   
if something happens to those ppl we wont know.

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 02:15 AM
link   
Nice that Dr. Oz got his show just in time to promote the swine flu vax. Timing is everything they say.

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 02:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Asherah

Yeah I thought the same when I saw his first show he is promoting the swine flu vaccine. I guess he needs to pay back those handlers that got him his fame.

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 03:19 AM
link   
Krmt ! Why listen to BilerdBerg Oprah ??
That I do not get !!

I aint taking it ! I dont care who say what, I am against vaccines all together, and especially this Swine thing....

Since it was an out break in '76 at Fort Dixie, I think Man-Made, and that have been said in the MSM also...

I think it is ManMade for the purpose to furthe Dumb people down and make more people sick in a form of autism and G.Barre syndrome...

[edit on 16/9/2009 by ChemBreather]

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 02:13 PM
link   
I`m pretty frightened of the whole swine flu thing. I don`t have a spleen, haven`t since I was 16, so my immunity is less. Every time I move from one place to another any distance away - I usually get every kind of virus going because of variances in the particular strain.

I don`t know whether to get the swine flu shot or not. I usually get the flu shot every year and a pneumonia vaccine every few years, but you see so much conspiracy stuff about H1N1 and secret plots to decimate part of the population of the world; I don`t know what to think. I also work with people who are intellectually and sometimes physically challenged and a lot of them have immunity issues of their own.

[edit on 23-10-2009 by elisabeast]

[edit on 23-10-2009 by elisabeast]

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Yeah, the timing of this guy's show is no coincidence. The housewife mentality, for the most part, is fed by the drivel they watch during the day.

And I don't mean all housewives, but a great majority of them.

Peace

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 02:26 PM
link   
From what I know about the 500mil. I would rather me and my family die naturally than by a tainted injection rigged to kill us later. You better bet that millions if not billions will be taking the vaccine.

Always it is this way, they want to contaminate and humiliate people before they completely turn on society.

Kick back and watch, however it is going to take time for this to play out. Obviously it is not going to be a quick assasination of 56 billion people, no this is going to take time.

If it 'feels' right for you, then take it, I am perhaps wrong. But to take or not to take is not the question. Not for us.

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by fleabit

Fortunatly imma follow my senses on this 1. Who knows what the outcome will be WHETHER YOU TAKIN IT OR NOT. Oprah cool wit me and all but is now 1 of the elites who follow a completely different AGENDA THEN THE GENERAL PUBLIC. HE SHOULD OF ASKED HER WERE IS SHE GOING TO GO IF THE *SUN* ACT A DONKEY OUT THIS MUTHA- THAT IS THE ELITE QUESTION WHERE ARE YOU GOING TO GO IF THE SUN DECIDES TO GO CRAZY???? If I dont get an immediate answer then I will assume they have been given a ELITE FAMILY pass to some NONDISCLOSED D.U.M.B, DEEP UNDERGROUND MILITARY BASE were us nobodies can know off, cause YOU know to tell the general public would be considered SNITCHEN IN THE ELITES EYEZ, RIGHT "O"
EVEN IF THE D.U.M.B.S ARE JUST BIG OVENS WAITEN TO BE CUT ON THE SELFISH 1z
:
4U

[edit on 10/23/09 by Ophiuchus 13]

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by king9072
Hmmmmm let me just go over the facts...

Millions of people infected with swine flu... check.
--True
500 deaths world wide to swine flu... check.
--500? Recheck your facts buddy. www.cdc.gov...
Same amount affected each year by seasonal flu... check.
--Wrong, infection rate is 10 fold seasonal flu
100,000+ deaths world wide to seasonal flu... wait a minute...
-Flu season just begun buddy, those are year long numbers, we still have the highest infectious months ahead. We will far surpass 100,000+ deaths world wide (I'm pretty sure we are a lot closer to that number now than the WHO would like to admit)

Why has oprah never decided to hype the seasonal flu? It's been killing exponentially larger amounts of people, year after year, decade after decade. Yet no oprah show. No hours upon hours of daily media coverage.. WTF???
-Oprah doesnt hype seasonal flu because we have all been exposed to seasonal flu champ. Almost none of us have antibodies against this new strain, but what do I know, I'm just a microbiologist right?

Maybe it's cause "swine flu" is such a catchy name.
--No actually its not 'swine flu' at all, its H1N1.

Alright, well I am going to take a potentially lethal vaccination now, which could give me the flu itself (purpose defeated). OR, the swine flu could mutate, making all vaccines based on other versions pointless (purpose defeated)...
--If it was potentially lethal, which would've been exhibited in the multiple animal studies performed pre-release, the vaccine never would have been given the green light.

0.0005% chance to die from swine flu, and thats only one a "1,000,000" infected calculation. The actual number is in the multiple millions. In fact, they have quit testing specifically for swine flu ALL TOGETHER. That's how big a non issue is.
--I don't know where you got this number from but its completely, and utterly wrong.

Now to wrap up this entire fluffy cake.
--Please, wrap it up with more PROPAGANDA! please

No mass produced, and mass used vaccination has been as safe as 0.0005%, and keep in mind that was an extremely low estimate.
--Vaccines pretty much are that safe, H1N1 might not be AS safe, but is still well in the green of the safe-o-meter.

Let's not even begin to mention the fact that this is a rushed vaccine, without proper, thorough testing.
--Ummm, thorough testing has been performed. See previous point.

So you go try your luck, i'll pray I don't fall into that 0.0005%.

--And if you have a compromised immune system, you will battle the flu for weeks, and possibly parish from this green earth... and we will all be stronger without you.

But what do I know? I'm just a silly scientist, I'm sure you know far more about skewing facts than I do.

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 09:29 PM
link   
The only way i'm taking the Flu shot is if Gillian Anderson gives it to me personaly and then stays with me for the duration of the week just incase i get sic

As you can tell I wont be getting it done anytime soon....

top topics

join