It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ABUSE CRISIS: North Korea Bashes USA for Iraq Prison Abuse

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2004 @ 07:06 AM
link   
In a bold condemnation North Korea slammed the U.S.A. over the Iraqi prisoner abuse scandal. North Korea on Saturday harshly condemned the United States for abusing prisoners in Iraq, calling it an "empire of evil."

ABC NEWS

The communist totalitarian Nation of North Korea is well known for it's human rights abuses, with this condemnation comes an interesting question...

Has the U.S.A. suffered such a blow to it's moral standing over the prisoner abuse scandal that a nation such as North Korea can now claim a higher moral ground?

[Edited on 15-5-2004 by SkepticOverlord]

posted on May, 15 2004 @ 07:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by UM_Gazz
Has the U.S.A. suffered such a blow to it's moral standing over the prisoner abuse scandal that a nation such as North Korea can now claim a higher moral ground?

This is a problem we've created for ourselves. We always held that we were doing this for all the right reasons and taking the higher ground. Well, that sounds all well and good until the photos show up. Sure, we can bash NK for all their abuses, and they are many, but it rings more than a little hollow when thousands of pictures are floating around out there.

posted on May, 15 2004 @ 07:31 AM
link   
there is a gigantic difference between a few soldiers acting out of line and abusing some iraqis and a short ill tempered man who abuses his whole nation, feeds them propaganda through his own government controlled media, starves his people making them resort to canabilism, puts a higher priority on building a huge military at the expense of helping his own people out, forces his people to participate in "parades" with his military to try and show the world his people love him and how powerful he is...

there is a huge difference.

let alone the fact that the entire world is up in arms over a few soldiers abusing prisoners in iraq (i am not making light of the situation) but say little about a man who has starved and killed 10's of thousands of his own people.

there is also a huge difference between humiliating prisonsers (not to say i condone it, as i condemn it) and outright killing your citizens that oppose your rule.

oh yes crazy lil kim has so much moral high ground to stand on. [/sarcasm]

give me a break!

this isnt a problem WE created this is a problem a few idiots created and now we are all taking the blame.

a few soldiers do not represent an entire nation! a few soldiers actions does NOT mean imply or suggest that this is condoned or what we as americans want. this does not mean our entire military is like this.

new topics

join