It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange Creature Found?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 01:40 PM
link   
telemetro.com...

I can not read spanish

So here is a rough google trans:

The discovery of a strange creature in Cerro Azul has aroused controversy among the people, for while some say it may be a being from another planet, others simply believe that is an animal.
Four teenagers aged between 14 and 16 years, met him at the Jet Blue Hill, on Saturday, while having fun in the place.
As recounted one of them, they suddenly saw the creature emerging from a cave located behind the water jet. At her appearance and it began to climb over the rocks to one of them panicked and began to thrash him and throw sticks, getting killed, after which they threw into the water and ran.

Sounds like the kids saw the creature and stoned it to death and ran to tell adults. I think after the pictures were taken, it was thrown into the sea.

Sorry if this turns out to be a hoax or some movie thing.

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 01:44 PM
link   
I wish we could see its legs THANX ANYWAY THREADSTER GOOD 1.

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Looks plastic but if it isn't it could be a deformed seal pup.
I guess we'll never know. Dumb kids. Where is this place anyway?

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 01:47 PM
link   
looks freaky....almost looks like a naked sloth in a way...

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Of course they threw it in the ocean after they took pics of it, isnt that always how it goes? If it was important enough to photograph, it was important enough to keep around until someone qualified could analyze it!!

[edit on 15-9-2009 by PokeyJoe]

[edit on 15-9-2009 by PokeyJoe]

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 01:55 PM
link   
I ran the page through babelfish. It looks like it is from Panama. The page is some type of news site for Panama from what I can tell. The rest of the site basically gives news from and about Panama.

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Wow. Not anything from my frame of reference!

Afterthought: Actually - it could be a sloth that has been in the water for some time... (I.e. the kids didn't see it alive, nor did they kill it.)

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/092c863f9ffb.jpg[/atsimg]

Sadly, we only get to see the mouth and torso. What does the "hands" and "feet" look like? From the bit we can see in the right hand corner it looks like a single digit claw?

And there appear to be some fur on the lower body (see top left).

Interestingly enough they call it a "her"?

They killed her with rocks and sticks - but not a single visible wound?

And why does it look bloated? Was the picture taken some time after its death?

Why throw it in the ocean?

Very intriguing find!

Edit: Sp

[edit on 15-9-2009 by Gemwolf]

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 01:58 PM
link   
I think the shadows on the rocks cast by the creature are much harsher than shadows elsewhere in the picture. I am voting for fake computer generated picture.

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 02:19 PM
link   
That, my friends, shows a disturbing closeness to the Montauk monsters that have turned up on the beachs of Montauk in the past few years.

A very disturbing closeness. This was in Panama you say? Perhaps those corpses weren't coming from Plum Island after all...

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Looks like a harless sloth or rubber pig-man to me. Sloths have similar arms and claws to whats in the photo but sloths have differently shaped and colored faces. So I'm leaning towards hoax, but who knows, maybe a mangy sloth, or undiscovered waterfall dwelling pig man.

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 02:28 PM
link   
The by-line is Panama. I googled "Cerro Azul Panama". It appears to be a mountian area. Kind of a retirement/tourist/eco spot. It looks to be a good distance from the coast. I think that may rule out a seal if I'm looking at the right place.

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Frogs
The by-line is Panama. I googled "Cerro Azul Panama". It appears to be a mountian area. Kind of a retirement/tourist/eco spot. It looks to be a good distance from the coast. ...

Interesting. If it's indeed some distance from the ocean, did they drive with the body all the way to the ocean to throw it in the ocean as they claim?

Sounds like there are a couple of holes in their story.

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by whitemotel

that's the first thing that came to my mind, hairless sloth

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Gemwolf

If it's real, I would put a good deal of money on it being a sloth.

Arm structure and facial features remind me of a sloth. I can't think of anything else it would be.

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Gemwolf

Hmmm - the translation in the OP and the one I did with babelfish gave the translation just as they threw it "in the water". It didn't specify the ocean. From google maps it looks like there are some lakes in the area.

Google Maps - cerro azul panama

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 02:40 PM
link   
naturalplane.blogspot.com...

This is from the same area in.

Witness statement to MUFON (general translation): On February 15, 2004, I was in the house of my sister 30 miles east of the capital of Panama, a town called Cerro Azul. That Sunday I woke up early and was taking some photos of the sunrise with my digital camera. I took 2 photos in 2 minutes interval, however when I reviewed the photos I noticed that the first photo (at 6:19 AM) a bright object.

I had no idea that this object was there.

Seeking to find an explanation, I submitted the photo to the APAA (Association n Panama of Amateur Astronomers) who meet yearly at the University of Panama. They analyzed the photo and suggested I pass to UFO Hunters at History Channel. They never responded.

Tonight I saw your program Ovnis on Earth on the Discovery Channel and I liked it. For this reason I write and share the picture with you. Finally I say that I am a very serious person, 44 years of age, working in the banking sector for several years and I have no intention to commit fraud? I only seek your comment on the photo.

Thanks

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by TheOneElectric

Looks like a baby sheep.

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Hmmm...it may very well be a sloth. I found some pics taken in the same area. Think about this without hair....

Panama Sloths

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 02:44 PM
link   
The greater mystery..

Who shaved it?

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 02:45 PM
link   
They killed it??????

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b9e84f3855ab.jpg[/atsimg]

[edit on 15-9-2009 by SLAYER69]

new topics

top topics