It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Antarctica's Blood Falls: Extraterrestrial Life Is Possible

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 06:49 PM
link   
I only hope that with this discovery, NASA will finally send a probe to Europa to find out whether there is on ocean under the ice and if there is life within said ocean.

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 07:31 PM
link   
I thought Antarctica was warm millions of years ago. so how is this primordial ooze from billions of years ago?

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 07:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Totalstranger

It isn't.
It isn't primordial ooze and it's from 2-5 million years ago.

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Doesn't sound that important to me. Would be nice to analyze and check out. But I don't see it proving extra terrestrial life.

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Solomons
I always think people should make the distinction between ET life existing in the universe and intelligent ET life visiting earth.People seem to try and merge those two together for some reason.

It has to do with the subjectivity of reasonable doubt.

Let's say I saw a spaceship with amazing technology or I was actually abducted by aliens.

If you don't believe in aliens it is easier to rationalize the evidence into some other kind of phenomenon; random hallucination or time traveling humans or something.

If I do believe in aliens it is unlikely that I would create these other possibilities.

You can say that you believe alien life is possible but if you have issues with the topic your response to evidence will still be different from someone who really believes it.

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 08:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Extralien

Extralien, thanks for this eye-opening thread. I knew that life had been
found in the deepest part of the world's oceans, but had no idea that
life is also thriving on this planet where there is NO OXYGEN.

One day mankind will look back with humor at how 20th century
science used to believe that life in the Universe could only exist if air
were present. I bet there are planets where intelligent life has evolved
without air, water, or any of the ingredients we arrogantly believe are
needed.

In fact, it's looking more likely with each new discovery that the "things"
video'd in space by certain shuttle missions are indeed living entities.
Maybe not what we would call intelligent, but large space lifeforms of
some type, IMO.
-cwm

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 11:02 PM
link   

wow i never heard of that place before, very interesting and IMO more proof of life existing elsewhere in the universe.

S&F

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 02:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by carewemust

In fact, it's looking more likely with each new discovery that the "things"
video'd in space by certain shuttle missions are indeed living entities.
Maybe not what we would call intelligent, but large space lifeforms of
some type, IMO.
-cwm

Perhaps you could take a read of a thread I began a while back
Are some UFO's aliens that live in space?
There are a few other similar threads on ATS too if you do a search

Bue, yes we still have so much to learn and I think you are right when we will look back and laugh one day.. just as we look back and laugh, or sometimes gawp in amazement, at our ancestors.

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 04:12 AM
link   
Evidence of an alien culture using Antarctica to "store" and incubate their recumbant DNA? This is truly remarkable and the fact that the "blood falls"story has not made it to the mainstream,suggests that behind the scenes,this is being minutely taken apart and analysed.

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 06:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Jezus

Actually no:
If i believe that there is life on other planets, because the universe is so mindboggingly huge that it's just highly unlikely to have only happened once, I have also a reason to doubt any contact with ET, since ... the universe is so incredibly mindboggingly huge.
And i can stroll happy through my life saying "yes, see Drake, no, see Fermi"

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 06:54 AM
link   

Why do you think this is signs of ET life?

Without taking into account what has been said by Scientists and the like... What if it was you who discovered these Blood Falls?

What would be your honest opinion?

Would you instantly think 'EXTRA TERRESTRIAL'?

Just because bacteria has managed to survive in the depths of freezing cold altitude doesn't mean it's ET life!!

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 07:02 AM
link   
reply to post by TruthxIsxInxThexMist

It just says that the "likely to have some form of life" in the drake equation might be a little higher. We have been finding more info on "Has a planetary system" in the last few years (By finding more and more extrasolar planets)

It's simple, really

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 07:47 AM
link   
reply to post by debunky

Well... i suppose if you take into account the frozen surfaces of Moons & Planets you could assume that there is life underneath... but only assume

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 08:14 AM
link   
reply to post by TruthxIsxInxThexMist

Yep. And aint it cool that some are close enough to even have a look?

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 08:23 AM
link   
reply to post by debunky

It is actually.... i think we all want to find this other life... this other living planet.... habitable planet... there are many out there so i'm sure it's possible... i just wish that all speculation could be put to bed and we wake up tomorrow with the knowledge that a living species has actually been found and we recieve the real live footage of this.... i also wish that these UFO's flying around down here would just land and make themselves know so we can all stop these guessing games on whether there are Aliens or not or whether the Aliens/people flying these crafts are Human playing around with us...

I'd really like to know the truth once and for all...

[edit on 16-9-2009 by TruthxIsxInxThexMist]

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 09:37 AM
link   
Is this video hosted elsewhere? I can't seem to get the video to load. It could be due to high traffic volume though. Hopefully it'll load, because I've never heard of this and it's an amazing sight. Star and Flag for you!

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by debunky
reply to post by Jezus

Actually no:
If i believe that there is life on other planets, because the universe is so mindboggingly huge that it's just highly unlikely to have only happened once, I have also a reason to doubt any contact with ET, since ... the universe is so incredibly mindboggingly huge.
And i can stroll happy through my life saying "yes, see Drake, no, see Fermi"

Size is relative.

Comparing it to our technology and perception of space is useful in some regards but completely irrelevant in a discussion of aliens.

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Of course our sense of proportion and scale sits quietly for a while and then decides to leave and rather not talk about this anymore when, confronted with space.
But we can calculate.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phage

I understood your use of the word "we". What I do not understand is why you say that "we" refuse to accept the existence of extraterrestrial life. This is a claim that is very often made but I have yet to see any backup for it and it bothers the hell out of me.

I'm sure you'll find people who deny it because of their religious convictions. You'll find people that deny it out of ignorance. Are these the "we's" you were talking about? Because you will not find scientists asserting anything like it.

ummm well, I think your just trying to pick a fight phage.
I think its very clear.
Most of the people I've talked to in real life refuse the existence of alien life. My family doesn't believe in it either.
Many people here on earth are way too glued to their own reality.

so... yeah... pretty obvious to me what he meant, but I guess if you want to argue over little things, thats cool too... I guess...

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Odessy

Most of the people I know (and I've discussed the topic with) are pretty sure there is extraterrestrial life. None of them deny the possibility. The various polls cited earlier say that they are in the majority. "We" do not assert the impossibility of extraterrestrial life.

I'm not picking a fight. I'm denying a common claim.

[edit on 9/17/2009 by Phage]

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join