It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DC Public Option Rally Turnout Weak (w/ pics)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 11:31 PM
link   

DC Public Option Rally Turnout Weak (w/ pics)

www.dailykos.com

Sun Sep 13, 2009 at 10:23:55 AM PDT

I just returned from two hours at the rally. Turnout was maybe approaching 800-1000 when I left....more like 500-700.

Poor strategy to hold it on the day of the NFL season debut. And from what I heard from participants...poor organization in general.

Follow me blow the fold for photos and more comments from participants.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 11:31 PM
link   
I hate quoting Kos, but I couldn't find anything about Sunday's rally anywhere else, other than a blurb on the local NBC news channel after the game.
I was at mass and brunch Sunday morning, and didn't see anyone from this event. Perhaps they knew they couldn't come close to the numbers Saturday's rally drew, so stayed home.

www.dailykos.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 12:57 AM
link   
This is the first I heard of this rally or this group.

They are in favor of a public option? No wonder they had trouble getting people to show up...

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Never hearing of "Daily Kos", I checked it out because you said you hate quoting it... um... I can see why.

The entire site is filled with hateful, 100% partisan (insulting the Right, nonetheless) garbage.

I don't consider myself "Right" or "Left"... just a person who appreciates his freedoms, and even I was offended by the quality (or the lacking thereof) of that site.

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 04:26 PM
link   
daily kos is the worst liberal smear machine ever.

this ralley the person speaks of is a PRO public option ralley.

wondering why only 500 showed up? thats why.

*looks at the few hundred thousand that showed up protesting against the public option*

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Tens & Hundreds of Ones Rally for Public Option in D.C. (Yes, I said ones.)
DailyKos | 09/14/2009 | BuckeyeTexan
Posted on September 14, 2009 1:16:38 PM EDT by BuckeyeTexan

Tens and hundreds of dedicated liberal activists rallied in Washington D.C. on Sunday, 9/13 in support of the Democrats' Public Option for healthcare reform. The D.C. police and onsite conservative observers estimate the crowd size at a stunning 800 to 1000 people.

The huge turnout was due to the superior organizing skills of community organizations all across the United States. Dedicated individuals, sponsored by liberal organizations and enviromental lobbyists, were bussed in overnight to demand that Congress pass a public option as part of any meaningful healthcare bill in the House and Senate.

link

new topics

top topics

join