It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's official: Nuke attack would devastate U.S. cities

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 05:53 PM
link   

“There are actually steps that one can take to save lives. But we’re running out of time.”

hahah. wow.

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by CSquared288

“There are actually steps that one can take to save lives. But we’re running out of time.”

like i said..... GET INTO THE FRIDGE QUICK!

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 05:59 PM
link   
So after a 3 year study this is about all they came up with. The initial blast is one thing, it’s the after Math that’s the worst. Sure the Bomb will kill many and damage much property. But it’ll also take out water supply and Electricity to the City. With no electricity shops and gas stations of undamaged areas will have not have power and frozen food will go bad.

In Houston we had no power between 5-7 days(Depends where you were. )with Hurricane Ike. Now this was easy to handle, all they had to do was cut some trees and put up the power lines again. The Hurricane put the whole city out of action for about a week.

In a blast there is a good chance that 1/3 of your work Force will be dead. Grids blow to pieces so you could not just do a quick one week fix, Not to mention fall out. Crews like FEMA will not worry about infrastructure, maybe only treating a few people on the outskirts. I’m sure they’ll keep out the city center for at least a month-3 months. No reason to go in there.

No water
No Food
No Electricity
No Gas
No Phones/Internet
No Banks and money
Large police and security force dead

Businesses will close that were not effected by the blast-of course they’ll leave town in fear of the fall out.

If they hit more than one city then there is a good chance of the stock exchange being hit and many central banks, so you’ll not be able to draw cash or use credit cards or debit cards in other cities as the online banking would go down.(Make sure you have cash at home)

We would have a total Economic crash.

If they hit 6 or 7 cities you can expect at least 10 Million dead and another 10 million seriously injured. This would displace at least another 40-50 Million people out the surrounding areas of those Cities ,maybe more depending on wind currents.

People would evacuate other large Cities not effected in case they too get hit in a 2nd wave. Like Hurricane Ike, the inner city gas stations had gas but could not pump as they had no electricity. So as people left the city and found open gas stations that gas got quickly used up. Of course they had to wait for fuel trucks to fill them up again, but in a Nuke blast you think you’ll even find someone to bring you gas? We'll get cars on highways without gas. Huge traffic jams.People left stranded trying to leave the city only to find for hundreds of miles there is no gas.

Then there’s the shops, with all the panic I doubt any shop within a 100miles of the blast would want to hang around and serve people-Not me. I’d not chance the wind currents. Some shops will close only to have people break down the doors and windows to get supplies.

With 6 or 7 Cities hit and almost every other big city evacuated in Panic. We’ll have about $200 Million people in the country side needing food, water and shelter.

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 06:07 PM
link   
I like this line, not sure if an OP original or quote,
"The study, which the authors said was the most advanced and detailed simulation published in open scientific literature, highlights the inability of the nation’s current medical system to handle casualties from a nuclear attack. It also suggests what the authors said are much needed yet relatively simple interventions that could save tens of thousands of lives".

It is quite obvious that no medical system could ever cope ever, unless victims were treating themselves with some sort of miracle cure. These would be people in the middle of a barbeque, coming out medium rare, medium, well done or Crispy Duck. Second part of the paragraph, "simple interventions" So if you survive any part of the blast you'd most probably be talking double, without a clue of what happened. Have to edit to add, and this the funny bit not mentioned..you gotta know that there is going to be a nuclear explosion!

[edit on 13-9-2009 by smurfy]

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Do you think that maybe this study has already been done before?!!!

This is nothing more than a University getting federal funding from some pork barrel project inserted at the last minute in to a bill before Congress.

You can bet your @ss on that.

Believe me the Feds have done this study many times since the cold war and there is not anything new except more taxes wasted at some University.

It took them 3 years to do this study?

I remember reading this exact same crap back in the 80's after the TV movie "The Day After" was aired.

If I was going to pick cities to nuke it would be Houston,Los Angeles And San Francisco.

Take down or disrupt their port facility the rest of the county will suffer.

No way for Walmart to get their cheap Chinese crap to their stores.

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Of course nukes are going to devestate,
We know this already... afterall, the west did test 2 devices with outstanding results.

Which government 'friend' or ' family member ' was chosen to run this $$$ sapping study.

Hell, any one of us ATS people could have done this study for a fraction of the cost, and probably gotten better results.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join