It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

For or against Healthcare - how to tell?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 02:19 PM
link   
If I have my info correct there were 5 "drafts" of this bill?? Each one is different.

As of now there is NO REAL 'bill' or proposal that anyone can actually read - right?

So how is one to know what they are for or against or even what they would like to see added or changed?

I believe there has to be Some Kind Of Change but NOT what I have heard propossed so far!

Any ideas on what is actually being put forth? Thanks

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by mappam

Long story short and from what I can gather ...

There will be a bill with a public option passed by the house.
A bill without a public option passed by the senate.
And a compromise reached in committee with a "triggered" public option if the insurance companies don't make certain changes by a certain date.

That seems to be the conventional "wisdom" around DC at the moment.

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Thanks for the reply and your thoughts on this.

I just find it difficult to figure out What is the latest!

As a 64 year old (Old in the eyes of TPTB) I do worry about what will be decided! I would hate to need health care and not be able to get it.

My mother is almost 93. She is one of the most active people I know! She still teaches dancing and takes Tap Dance lessons! She just drove from CT to MI last week.

So (again in the eyes of the PTB) she is Really Really in trouble if she needs care!

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

In other words, we get the government plan regardless. The insurance companies will have to bow to their new king, we get poorer care.

-joy-

new topics

top topics

join