It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Charles Darwin film 'too controversial for religious America'

page: 26
<< 23  24  25    27  28  29 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by BaronVonGodzilla

hehe hit a nerve did I? Yeah Christians ain't no different than evolutionists are when we insult "your religion" and that is the whole point.

Evolution is nothing but a philosophy and I agree with what you said about creationist's opinion being everywhere. I mean Well,,?? Mmmmm lemme think when was it we could even talk about such a topic like God in America? No prayer in schools so .. nope not there , I know TV! Nope only one channel talks about that and all the secular channels, well, lets face it, we know whats on TV these days and Making Idols of Americans who can sing ain't saying much for your argument.

How about Univerity's or OoooPs that's right NO INTELLIGENCE ALLOWED and that is why we see none in your post that proves anything you said about creationists having a say in anything. We havn't had much a chance to prove how idiotic evolution is, They keep doing that with every single discovery they make and everyone THEY end up admitting was BUNK! We have a saying in America, that you don't keep kicking a dead horse, but I guess you believe with time, say a couple million years, the horse will get up.

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stylez
How about Univerity's or OoooPs that's right NO INTELLIGENCE ALLOWED

Universities not Univerity's, take it you never went then?

Oh please, I love how you lecture us with basic English and poor grammar while suggesting scientist are producing fake fossils. Do you honestly know how stupid you sound, not even John Matrix was denying the existence of dinosaurs and accusing scientists of faking discoveries.

Secondly, evolution is not a religion and I cannot fathom in words how facetious it was to claim Einstein was not a genuine scientist

The loquacious manner and vituperative veener of your post - along with the poor punctuation - made me conclude the US needs to worry about standards instead of evolution.

Apologise for my vocabulary, but I read other books apart from the Bible

[edit on 21-9-2009 by infinite]

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Stylez

Seriously?? Someone gave you a star?!?

Hmmmm....maybe there IS a 'god'.......

PS....ever hear of 'venomfangX', that dude on YouTube?

Hope he's not your role model.

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 01:07 PM
link   
If I were going to take someone to task for using poor English, I would be a little more careful about editing before I post!

[edit on 21-9-2009 by novacs4me]

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by novacs4me
If I were going to take someone to task for using poor English, I would be a little more careful about editing before I post!

It placed the wrong thumb icon.

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by infinite

Originally posted by novacs4me

It placed the wrong thumb icon.

Here's a little help: subject verb agreement

Oh my goodness. I did it, too! Big sigh!

[edit on 21-9-2009 by novacs4me]

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

The Lord apparently can work in mysterious ways....

However, I need to lay down after the claims made against the world's greatest thinkers. To question Newton is questioning the very existence of gravity

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Since most of the major distributors of films in the US are wealthy NYC pro Israeli zionists for the most part (working in and with the Hollywood 'imported crowd' of eastern NYC types), it might well be that the larger disti houses in the US find the film anti-Israel in some way (i.e. = anti-Bible = eventually anti YHWH the clan god of Israel) but I would think that there are enough 'goyim' owned distribution channels in the US
to get this film out (although it will probably not have the 'mega-wide release' of say, a Steven Spielberg film, obviously).

I do not believe the Gallup poll is accurate to say that only 39% of Americans believe in some form of Darwinian Evolutionary Theory (which by the way has gone through several major iterations and tweeks over the past 30 years); it may be that the Gallup poll found only 39% OF WHOM THEY POLLED who admitted to believing the theory -- say, over the creation myths in Genesis chapter 1:1-2:4a and 2:4b to end of chapter 4 as a viable alternative to 'science'.

I think if another wider poll were taken among persons in the US under the age of 50, the numbers would be more like 78% believing more in an 'evolutionary' theory of some kind (whatever the term 'Evolution' means exactly, after all Darwin himself believed in a Creator and did not rule it out that some 'guidance' was at work) over Yahiwstic creation myths in the 'zionist' bible that has been forced down the throats of Americans for the past 200 years.

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by BaronVonGodzilla

Originally posted by Stylez

Well most of what is in "modern" text books should have been removed many years ago. It took over 45 years to finally get pilt down man off the list of proofs. The idea that books become outdated if it deals in truth must mean they don't have the truth. A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it and the truth is the truth even if no one believes it no matter how old it is.

Wasn't it you saying how backward the US is about science and new ideas etc? Well that sure as hell isn't because creationist have been allowed to say anything. Evolution is the paradigm and it has failed as it should have.
[edit on 21-9-2009 by Stylez]

What are you talking about?

With absolutely every single last DROP of "all due respect," Creationists never shut the hell up. At least in America. I can't turn on the television, radio, read the newspaper or anything else without IMMEDIATELY hearing the Creationist view point on EVERYTHING.

Oh! And we have not had Evolution rammed down our throats right? Discovery, Nova, National Geographic, the media, our schools, etc. all shovel this evolutionist garbage down our throats everywhere we look and they have done it for decades.

Give me a break. We have presented you with the obvious. Don't blame anyone but yourself and your belief in the evolutionists' delusions for not seeing the obvious self evident design inherent in everything around you.

Design everywhere can be studied, and it stands as evidence/proof for a designer/creator.

That's the evidence and it's self evident.

You are in denial.

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 02:30 PM
link   
From 2 Thessalonians 2:9-12 (NIV version of the Bible)

9........The coming of the lawless one will be in accordance with the work of Satan displayed in all kinds of counterfeit miracles, signs and wonders,

10. and in every sort of evil that deceives those who are perishing. They perish because they refused to love the truth and so be saved.

11. For this reason God sends them a powerful delusion so that they will believe the lie

12. and so that all will be condemned who have not believed the truth but have delighted in wickedness.

That "counterfeit" and "powerful delusion" is evolution.

Evolution is a deception, it deceives people, it's intent is to deceive. They (evolutionists) perish because they (evolutionists) refused to love the truth (from Creation to Christ) and so be saved.

God has sent (allowed) a powerful delusion, but don't blame God for your acceptance of this delusion.....that's an act of your free will. God gave you consciousness (the ability and power to reason and make a choice)...the choice you pick is your own fault.

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 02:45 PM
link   
From Romans 1:20 NIV Version of the Bible:

For since the creation of the world God’s invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that men are without excuse.

Get that! You are without excuse for not believing in creation.

I'll bet you evolutionists hate that verse.

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by John Matrix

No, not really, since the odds are it was written by a man who did not understand such things.

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Wow, did people forget how to have an argument? I see a lot of pointing the finger at various members, pointing out grammatical errors and making comments about their intelligence/character, etc... Is civilized discussion impossible around here these days!?

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 04:45 PM
link   

From Romans 1:20 NIV Version of the Bible:

For since the creation of the world God’s invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that men are without excuse.

Get that! You are without excuse for not believing in creation.

I don't hate that verse at all, I like it.

From what I know of Einstein's religious beliefs, he felt that God revealed Himself through His creation, and that to better understand God's wonderful creation was to get closer to understanding God, which seems like a deeply profound and spiritual concept consistent with that quote, and it's one that I happen to share.

As others have said, there is no need for a conflict between God, and evolution, contrary to the assertions of some. I don't see anything in that quote telling me to not use the brain God gave me to better understand his creation.

Or in other words, as quoted in my signature:

"Science is not only compatible with spirituality, it is a profound source of spirituality". And there seems to be a lot more science going on in the field of evolution than the field of creationism.

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 04:53 PM
link   
The conflict between God and evolution? God is truth, and evolution is lies. Is not that a big enough conflict? For supporting evidence, see previous posts by Stylez about the lies of evolution. But if you insist, I will repeat what he has already told you. I guess you weren't listening the first time.

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by novacs4me

I can write....The conflict between God and evolution? Simple, God is lies, and evolution is truth.

Gee, that was SOOOOOO easy.

(no lightning bolts from above....checking....still here...)

There is no 'god' it's a huge invisible tortoise, and the Earth is riding on its back. Prove me wrong.

Blanket statements of 'faith' in 'god' are just that....they only havemerit to the one who 'believes'. That is every individual's right.

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Lies: Java Man, Colorado Man, Pilt Downman, Lucy, Nebraska Man... If you choose to believe lies, I agree, no one should stop you. We always hear when a new set of bones is found that gives credence to evolution. Odd, isn't it, that the later discovery that they were hoaxes doesn't get the same media attention?

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by aorAki

No, not really, since the odds are it was written by a man who did not understand such things.

What ever he was, he was not a sucker for the delusion called evolution.
He was able to see that a designer is behind the design in everything, which is also self evident. Study the design, that's the key to understanding the designer. It's everywhere. Don't waste your time on fairy tails.

[edit on 21/9/09 by John Matrix]

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Hi Novacs4Me and John Matrix & other 'zionist-biblical' creationists on this thread:

You don't have to be a 'bible' believer to believe in a Creator or in Creation; you could be one of 6-Billion people who DO NOT believe in YHWH the clan god of post Exilic Judaiesm ('the clan-god of the bible') as the 'creator' of the universe.

I for one cannot see why people automatically jump on the Yahweh bandwagon and keep spewing out the 2 Creation Myths in Genesis as factual science (Gen 1:1 to 2:4a, creation myth #1, and Gen 2:4b through end of Gen chapter 4:26 = creation myth #2) when for one thing, the two creation myths of the Jews don't even match.

We will forego the other pre-scientific thinking of these semi nomads who believed in talking snakes and domes over a flat earth and the impossibly arrogant and thoroughly racist idea of a 'chosen people' (i.e. a master race) that has the monopoly on 'truth'. The fact is that there are more than 6,000 creation myths out there in the world today, most of them far older than the adaptations of the post Exilic Hebrew writers who re-wrote many of them for their own self-serving ends.

And anyone who thinks that Plants, Trees, Herbs etc. were all created BEFORE the sun, moon, and the stars (Gen 1:5-6) is not in touch with the tenets of modern science in the 21st century who hold to things such as photosynthesis, of which the ancient Israelites had the slightest notion. They were too busy exterminating Amalekites on Yahweh's explicit orders !!

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 06:33 PM
link   

What ever he was, he was not a sucker for the delusion called evolution.
He was able to see that a designer is behind the design in everything, which is also self evident. Study the design, that's the key to understanding the designer. It's everywhere. Don't waste your time on fairy tails.

[edit on 21/9/09 by John Matrix]

Delusion?
Pot calling the kettle black there, my good man (apologies if you're a female).

I don't waste my time on fairy tails (sic), which is why I'm not religious, however, I will fight for the right for you to be able to believe what you wish, just as I am capable of believing what I wish...

If you approach evolution from a 'designer' background then you are setting yourself up for failure because you're already creating a bias that isn't evident.

however, I doubt we will see eye to eye on this issue. As an aside, the evolution of the eye is a fascinating subject!

top topics

<< 23  24  25    27  28  29 >>

join