It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Database billionaire trampled by elephant

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Another headline you never expect to find in your news.

The Register

Tom Siebel has been seriously injured after being trampled by an elephant.

Siebel was on a photo safari in Tanzania with a guide watching a group of elephants when one animal charged.

The guide fired at the elephant but missed. The animal attacked the guide before going for Siebel, breaking his ribs, trampling one leg and goring the other. Finally the elephant lost interest and the two men were able to radio for help

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 06:48 PM
link   
This seems more like BTS content to me.

However, i'm glad they got out okay. I would poop myself if an elephant charged at me.

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 07:50 PM
link   
You don't think it's interesting that it was Siebel who introduced Sarah Palin at a California fund-raising brunch?

And he was trampled by an elephant. An elephant that got away.

Hmm....

[edit on 12-9-2009 by RoofMonkey]

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Sounds like he should of shelled out more money and got a better guide.

Siebel told the paper the two men were watching the animals from a distance of 200 yards: "There was no apparent reason, nothing that should have made it feel threatened," Siebel said. "It was quiet, and then the quiet stopped..."

They are wild animals. Your are in their territory. Only 200 yards away while you are at it. That is all the excuse they need. Most likely the animal was displaying signs and the guide didn't recongize them.

People always think animals make a lot of noise when threatened. But quiet usually is a pretty good indicator....

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by RoofMonkey

Heh. I shouldn't laugh at this unfortunate event that occured, but elephant, Republican, gored. Hehehehehehe.............

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Bah, it would had more value if he was the executive of PostgreSQL company.

check the logo

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 10:06 PM
link   
I've seen video on the old William Holden web sight of an Elephant charge a land Rover that was a good 200 yards away and get to it, and smash into it at a full run, and pick it up and toss it with it's tusks. The guy driving didn't have time to start it and run before the elephant got to it! The Elephant then calmly walked away like he did it everyday. Two people in the truck got thrown out and managed to walk away with bruises and had to change their pants!
Zindo

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 04:23 PM
link   

One secret to Siebel's success was its ability to form alliances; as of late 2000 the company had more than 700 alliance partners.

en.wikipedia.org...

Sounds like Survival in Data Base Country.

ED: They will have to find the elephant and not miss cause he
is a problem that might arise again.

[edit on 9/13/2009 by TeslaandLyne]

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 02:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by TeslaandLyne

Here's a revolutionary idea: why not leave the elephant alone to get on with it's life - not much chance of human endangerment if no human is out there gawking in it's back yard.

What, now we should kill any elephant that demonstrates it doesn't like being harassed? sheesh.

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by RogerT

Originally posted by TeslaandLyne

Here's a revolutionary idea: why not leave the elephant alone to get on with it's life - not much chance of human endangerment if no human is out there gawking in it's back yard.

What, now we should kill any elephant that demonstrates it doesn't like being harassed? sheesh.

I know but that may not be the way humans manage things.
Can't say they will go after a rogue elephant but they might.

There was a TV program on wildlife management by the US
government allowing grisly protection. One cattle rancher left the range
and now cattle men have to plead their case to government officials to
keep their farms and perhaps kill off a few grisly.

Talk about needing a big gun for an elephant, two guys went out
with bows and arrows for some type of game and stumbled upon
a grisly with cubs. They survived some how but the guy with the
spray can took a bad swipe.

Humans against humans via government, another case of injustice
by laws perhaps. Why should the elephant suffer or the cattle or
the rancher. Screwy protectionism that is non adaptive.
Adaptive situation law enforcement might be called for.

But thats what some people cry for: "I want to be protected."
Or I want the grisly protected.
The boundaries are not clearly marked and all consequences
are never fully covered.

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Some folks seem to think that Rogue Elephants become that way because of human interaction and the encroachment of humans into their habitat. Most of the time this is not the case. Studies done by autopsy of Rogues shot a killed after an attack show that in most cases it's parasitic disease and illness that is the main factor. Elephants not only attack humans and destroy property but also attack their own and kill them when they become rouge. They cannot be ignored and must be put down to not only protect humans but the Elephants themselves and the projects to maintain them as a species!
Zindo

[edit on 9/14/2009 by ZindoDoone]

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by metamagic

I'm sorry, the headline itself is hilarious! Just reading it makes me laugh! I mean, what are the odds? Truth is stranger than fiction, indeed. Feel bad for the dude though....

reply to post by ZindoDoone

"Rouge Elephants"? Please, stop, you're killing me over here!

[edit on 14-9-2009 by pluckynoonez]

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by pluckynoonez

Geeees, them commie elephants get me every time. I completely missed that, thanks!!

Zindo

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by kyred
reply to post by RoofMonkey

Heh. I shouldn't laugh at this unfortunate event that occured, but elephant, Republican, gored. Hehehehehehe.............

I know! I thought the same exact thing! Surely this is priceless haha! Also it's nice to see that even a billionaire can learn that money can't buy everything especially the mercy of an angry elephant!

new topics

top topics

join