It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

no water! I would be pissed

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 07:46 AM
link   
I was watching the morning news on 13 here in FL and there was a story about an apt complex where the water has been turned off. I use to live in this complex and water was INCL. So now these people who have been paying their rent, with water incl, are out of water because their landlord owes $8000.00 dollars! This really irritates me. What in the hell was he using the portion of the rent for water on? This is the landlords fault! If someone pays rent and utilities are included then its the landlords responsibility to take whatever the average cost would be for water per unit and put it towards the water bill!! The landlord offered a rent reduction to the tenants but they want water and I cant blame them! I would refuse to pay rent period and legally they can. They have paid their rent and he is obviously not paying what he is supposed to. Now I wonder if he had a tenant who couldnt pay rent how he would react... He would evict them! So its ok for him not to do his part while his tenants suffer without water they have PAID for! Oh I am so glad I dont live there anymore because I would be a thorn in his side. I need my showers!

:bnghd:

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 04:17 AM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver

Shutting off a required utility is considered a Constructive Eviction, and the tenets are essentially freed from their lease terms. They can also sue the complex for any costs incurred with relocation as well as fees and other damages accrued due to this breach of lease:

Constructive Eviction – is a more creative form of eviction that the landlord may employ. But this needs to be done carefully as the tenant can either take remedial or legal actions. Constructive Eviction is when the landlord forces the tenant to leave by making the living conditions of the property unbearable like cutting off utilities or locking the tenant out. In both cases, the tenant can remedy the situation at his expense and file a lawsuit against the landlord. This type of eviction is not very common and the landlord will have to take legal advice before resorting to this. The tenant has several legal options open to him in case he is forced to leave in this manner.

join