It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama is all Wet!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Not in THAT way. I'm betting that most everybody has seen this picture, or one just like it.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/0fde306b9ddc.png[/atsimg]

Why do you think he made the decision to stand in the rain while he gave this speech?
I'm wondering what the deeper meaning behind this is. Was it to avoid having someone hold an umbrella for him? Why didn't they choose to erect a small awning or something. This is the President of the United States. I don't think anyone would have EXPECTED him to stand in the rain.

What message is he sending with this?

(I'm not bashing him, or tooting his horn, I just want to know what your take is on this, and what the significance of this decision is. )

[edit on 11-9-2009 by KSPigpen]

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 10:34 PM
link   
Significance? None whatsoever.

Just like any other day, the forecasters got it wrong, and...

The Show Must Go On!

On the other hand, maybe he knew it was going to rain, figured everyone else was standing out in it, and just wanted to look like a sheeple.

(p.s. we'll miss the dancing cow slut, now THAT was significant, but your new avatar is cool too...I guess
)

Peace

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 11:12 PM
link   
I think you may have hit on something.

The least I would do for a superior would be an umbrella but maybe the photographer caught the downpour at just the right moment.

I like Obama as much as Bush, do not get me wrong, but I know a lot of the guys in the military are way past color ideas, as to some of the other rumors nobody could place the blame on President Obama or Bush.

Maybe Reagan or Daddy Bush...maybe... but the bottom line is that we are facing a #storm and I hope to hell Obama and Bush and all the rest are on the side of the US constitution...the truth needs to come out soon.

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 11:20 PM
link   
reply to post by KSPigpen

S&F for noticing the small detail. I don't know that it amounts to much; maybe nothing more than someone else suggested; which is an over looked weather report.

If it was on purpose it is triggering subliminal psychological responses, such as:

I'm one of You............as everyone listening was standing in the rain.
I feel Your pain..........Water, or rain kinda represents heartache, or sadness...............see guns n' roses November Rain..

I guess the list goes on, and on should that be the case, and every last item is triggering subliminal unconscious emotions; followed by reactions

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 11:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by lernmore
Significance? None whatsoever.

Just like any other day, the forecasters got it wrong, and...

The Show Must Go On!

On the other hand, maybe he knew it was going to rain, figured everyone else was standing out in it, and just wanted to look like a sheeple.

(p.s. we'll miss the dancing cow slut, now THAT was significant, but your new avatar is cool too...I guess
)

Peace

Ya see, I would figure the President of the (cough) 'most powerful nation on earth' would know exactly what the weather was going to do. I tend to think there is something a little deeper going on here. I appreciate the fact that he seemed to not let it bother him. Maybe that was what it was about. It was almost a John Wayne, or dare I say, Ron Reagan type of image...he seemed to be workin' it.

(The cow is a 'performing artist, (at least that what ACORN told us) and she's tired.)

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 11:30 PM
link   
Hmm, I believe there was a president in the 1800's who gave a speech in the cold and rain without an umbrella and got sick and died sometime later. Can anybody help me with the name?

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Don't soil the good name of John Wayne with your comparison.

Obama is trying to hard to show he is one of us. We all know that he isn't and we all know he never will be. His high profile trips to the burger joints, standing in the rain and talking sports doesn't impress me.

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 11:54 PM
link   
You also have to remember that this wasn't Wednesdays speech to congress. Wednesday he would have had that umbrella.

An external image is everything in today's game of high-stakes corporate star search.

How could he not have known what kind of image that would project if he was standing high and dry in front of grieving, wet families overcome with feelings and memories of loved ones they've lost.

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 11:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by jd140

Don't soil the good name of John Wayne with your comparison.

Obama is trying to hard to show he is one of us. We all know that he isn't and we all know he never will be. His high profile trips to the burger joints, standing in the rain and talking sports doesn't impress me.

One of us? I would have used an umbrella, you wouldn't?

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 11:59 PM
link   

President Obama is saying I am one tuff mo fo, and a bit of rain doesn't bother me cuz I am as tuff as the soldiers I continue to send to their deaths, just like GWB. lol. And he also is saying, see, my lips are always a funny purple color, no matter if I am in the cold or rain, or in a warm and dry climate. My lips are always purple and bloodless, just like my reptilian brothers and sisters, lol,

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 12:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Zenagain

I have been out in the rain many, many times without an umbrella. When you work outside you take the risk of getting wet.

Not all of us have the pleasures of working under a roof.

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 12:06 AM
link   

I have been out in the rain many, many times without an umbrella. When you work outside you take the risk of getting wet.

Not all of us have the pleasures of working under a roof.

That's great and all but we aren't talking about doing menial labor outdoors. We are talking about a Head of State giving an address on the anniversary of one of the darkest days of American history. If you "would" have used an umbrella in his place, you'd have no argument, if you didn't? You'd STILL have no argument. You are being petty. Please don't. Don't politicize such a sad day in our history. Thanks.

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 12:10 AM
link   
reply to post by crw2006

Hmm, I believe there was a president in the 1800's who gave a speech in the cold and rain without an umbrella and got sick and died sometime later. Can anybody help me with the name?

Henry Harrison

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 12:16 AM
link   

First I would like to ask you not to refer to my job as menial labor.

Second, I did not say anything about what today means in our history.

Third, I will be critical of anybody I want on any day of the year.

Fourth, I was not arguing anything. I told how I felt about the man. I don't care if you or anyone else agrees with me.

Finally, he asked me if I would have used an umbrella and I stated that I have been outside many times in the rain without one. Which answered his question if I would have used an umbrella.

Thanks.

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 12:34 AM
link   
Then politicize it good man. You make me think of the tons of people who took advantage of that day to "sell" American flags and various other Patriotic memorabilia.
That would include "as$holes" who did 9/11 tattoos on individuals. Enjoy trying to push forward your agenda while hundreds of families still mourn. You Sir, are a Great American! I applaud you!!! HERE HERE!!!!

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 12:44 AM
link   

I refer you to the part where I said I don't care if you or anyone else agrees with me.

The simple fact is that you don't know me and never will. That means that your opinion of me doesn't count for anything and my sleep and conscious will not be hindered at all.

Now can you get back on topic and give your reason why you think he decided to stand in the rain without an umbrella or will you continue with your fascination with me?

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 12:59 AM
link   
I think he decided to stand in the rain because it was a somber occasion. Because if you want to get a little spacey with it, the sky was crying. In all actuality? Probably because it was a good photo op, just like any other President would do.

And make no mistake thinking I have any sort of fascination with you. You Sir, are just another brick in the wall. Enjoy your place there.

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 01:06 AM
link   

Thats a nice thought on the reason you think he was standing in the rain.

Enjoy the ignore list. I'm taking your brick out of the wall and throwing it in the dumpster.

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 01:17 AM
link   

Thats a nice thought on the reason you think he was standing in the rain.

Enjoy the ignore list. I'm taking your brick out of the wall and throwing it in the dumpster.

Woe is me......... Surely the very state of my existence is at an impasse now! Who will I rail against? Get over yourself and stop sullying what would otherwise be a very somber occasion. Richard.

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 07:40 AM
link   

if i had to guess, i would say umbrellas aren't covered in his insurance plan.

ha ha ha

-subfab

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join