It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

PIPEDA Privacy Act vs. Patriot ACT

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 08:23 PM
link   

PIPEDA Privacy Act vs. Patriot ACT

www.pipedainfo.com

Following the events of 9/11 the American government moved quickly to put in place legislation which would allow the government and security official’s quick and limitless access into data banks containing personal information with the intent of being able to identify terrorists. This act is known as the USA Patriot Act. In Canada we have an act known as PIPEDA, (personal information protection and electronic documents act) which governs the collection, use or disclosure of personal information collected through commercial activity.

What many Canadians may not be aware of is that many of
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 08:23 PM
link   
What many Canadians may not be aware of is that many of the data banks that are used to store personal Canadian information ranging from financial to health data is kept in data banks in the US, where the USA Patriot Act takes president over the Canadian privacy act PIPEDA.

www.pipedainfo.com...

en.wikipedia.org...

en.wikipedia.org...(Canada)

For me being canadian, i do not agree with this, why is ourpersonal records being keptin the US data banks, and i definatley do not think that the us patriot act should take resident ver the Canadian privacy act.

www.pipedainfo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 08:29 PM
link   
star and flag
I will respond more shortly

join