It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

C:\Windows\is-OMACH.exe /REG

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 08:28 AM
link   
I'm hoping somebody here can help me with this "mystery"

WinPatrol keeps asking if this program can install.
C:\Windows\is-OMACH.exe /REG

It is an unknown app, according to WinPatrol and searching Google and Yahoo shows nothing like it.

What is it?
Is it safe?
Should I let it start?
How can I get it to quit trying to start on my computer?

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Also, this is a RunOnce file, and from what I can tell has not installed on my PC yet.

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Disclaimer: I'm a theist but not of the Abrahamic faiths. I have minor biblical scholar and scriptural skills. Also I am not a scientific/legal or medical expert in any field. Beware of my Contagious Memes! & watch out that you don't get cut on my Occams razor.All of this is my personal conjecture and should not be considered the absolute or most definitive state of things as they really are. Use this information at your own risk! I accept no liability if your ideology comes crashing down around you with accompanying consequences!

Explanation: Hi. My IT contact Optyk Phyba [a fellow ATS member and IT Expert] sez -

it looks like a registry entry is trying to insert itself (/REG) - did you just install or update an app ? if not then dont let it run. scan your computer for malware. personal preference would be to NOT use winpatrol but something else like comodo and spybotSD. check whether it is auto starting by opening /START/Run/msconfig.exe and looking under the startup tab, IF you find it remove it and restart the computer.

Personal Disclosure: Please feel free to contact me OL via u2u as Optyk is here ATM helping me.
I hope he was a helping hand and any and all kudos if his suggestion works should go to him. and

Edited emoticon

[edit on 11-9-2009 by OmegaLogos]

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by OmegaLogos
did you just install or update an app ? if not then dont let it run. scan your computer for malware. personal preference would be to NOT use winpatrol but something else like comodo and spybotSD. check whether it is auto starting by opening /START/Run/msconfig.exe and looking under the startup tab, IF you find it remove it and restart the computer.

Personal Disclosure: Please feel free to contact me OL via u2u as Optyk is here ATM helping me.
I hope he was a helping hand and any and all kudos if his suggestion works should go to him.

Well, looking into program files, something did update about the time that this started to happen.
doing more checking now.

THANKS

I'll get back to you soon, if I get stuck

new topics

top topics

join