It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Night Lights in connection with fire near Lawrence Livermore Lab, August 13

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 05:19 PM
link   
I've got the following video on YouTube, of something I saw over Pleasanton, CA on 23 November 2008:

YouTube link

Read the most recent comments, and you'll see that a person with the username "moniquevas" very recently commented and made reference to some aerial lights she (I'm assuming Monique is her name) captured on video in nearby Livermore.

Here is a link to Monique's YouTube channel, which currently contains three videos of the lights in question:

YouTube channel link

Obviously there's only so much you can do or say about videos of fuzzy lights in the night sky, but this person has been good enough to include more background info than you'd get from a lot of YouTubers with purported UFO vids.

What really intrigues me now is Monique's most recent comment on my video, regarding what she's been seeing in Livermore:

Thanks for the info. One thing that I keep wondering about is the 3 pulsating star like objects that where lined up for awhile on August 13 in the early morning. I think there was a fire near the lab around that time.

Has anybody heard anything about this? Obviously, it could be a complete coincidence, but the thought of a fire possibly threatening the Lawrence Livermore facility at the same time that aerial lights are spotted in formation above Livermore certainly could give a person something to speculate about.

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Not so sure about the videos. As you said, they're fuzzy and moving and REALLY hard to see.

But FWIW, my aunt both lives in Livermore and works at the Lab. I'll get in touch with her and ask if she's seen anything "unusual" there.

However, she is a skeptic in the WORST way, so I suspect that even if a UFO landed on her lawn she'd still come up with a "reasonable" excuse...

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Well if nothing else, she'd hopefully have heard about the fire. I eagerly await the results of your conversation with her!

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Keep in mind that the lights in question were seen on more than one occasion, usually between midnight and 5:00AM, so it's entirely possible that somebody working at the lab would have missed them, unless they kept really weird hours.

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 11:53 AM
link   
I have to say that if anyone wants to see for themselves they can go right ahead. Now I have been waking up Between 5 and 5:30 am everyother day ( i dont know why) I happend to look toward my bedroom window and I clearly see some strange lights in the sky, they look like the brightest stars you have ever seen and sometimes they stay till the sun starts to come up and seem to ascend up into the sky till they disapear. My husband and I seen these two just this morning.
I have always been skeptical but I'll tell u seeing is believing, and I think something is going on.

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 11:56 AM
link   
heres a link to the report of that fire on the Corral Hollow
abclocal.go.com/kgo/story?section=news/local/east_bay&id=6966895

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Hey Monique, I'm glad you made it over here! That footage of the DC-10 dropping retardant on the fire was pretty amazing; I would imagine there's some risk involved in flying a plane of that size at such a low altitude over such uneven terrain.

Regarding the night lights in the sky, is there ever any sound that you would associate with them? I ask this because I mentioned your sightings to a friend of mine who lives in Pleasanton, and she said, "Oh, that explains the noise."

She tells me she often wakes up in the middle of the night and hears some sort of buzzing noise that's just, as she put it, "all around, in the air."

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 10:37 PM
link   
Actually I have had a few wierd experiences where it sounds like something is over my house or passing over it and its a strange buzzing or humming like noise and i couldnt go back to sleep one time so I put the tv on. We have directv and the satelite would lose its connection or something and reset and say its trying to get its signal. It was probably nothing but I know the difference between the helicopter, plane, car, and train noises and it didnt sound like any of those but who knows. My 2 boys actually complain that they see shadows in the room. My son said that it was like a big black bird. He's 7 , Kids do have big imaginations though. Something that is a little odd is that the day after I put the first video on youtube I had goten home from the store and was putting away groceries and a man and women parked infront of my house claiming to be from a well known company in SF who was doing a catalogue of photos of regular people and they wanted to take my picture. This was wierd that these people showed up at my house. I did not take any picture, that was just too weird.Wierdos..
Ok, so I'm trying to get my husband to help me connect the video camera to the computer and post the video of the three objects that were lined up during August.

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 02:18 AM
link   
reply to post by flightsuit

I would imagine there's some risk involved in flying a plane of that size at such a low altitude over such uneven terrain.

Just a little hazardous

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 12:16 AM
link   
Wow Monique, that is some scary stuff!

How much have you read about the so-called "shadow people" phenomenon and the experiences of UFO contactees?

I don't want to alarm you, but what your kid's describing echoes elements from both types of phenomenon.

And of course, your own experience with these odd visitors could be construed as resembling the so-called "men in black" lore.

Did they say, specifically, what company they worked for? If so, it would be interesting to contact that company to verify whether they do, in fact, have employees going around and randomly asking people to pose for photographs.

Most compelling.

Punkinworks:

That's a heck of a video. I feel like I've seen a very similar one, but shot from a different angle, and without the audio. Perhaps there are multiple videos of this tragedy on the Web.

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 12:26 AM
link   
At the risk of further alarming you, it occurs to me that Whitley Strieber and other experiencers of the UFO contact/abduction scenario have written about hearing a strange sound or tone which they have come to associate with missing time/contact/abduction.

I don't recall whether they described it as a buzzing noise or some other type of sound.

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by moniquevas
Actually I have had a few wierd experiences where it sounds like something is over my house or passing over it and its a strange buzzing or humming like noise and i couldnt go back to sleep one time so I put the tv on. We have directv and the satelite would lose its connection or something and reset and say its trying to get its signal. It was probably nothing but I know the difference between the helicopter, plane, car, and train noises and it didnt sound like any of those but who knows. My 2 boys actually complain that they see shadows in the room. My son said that it was like a big black bird. He's 7 , Kids do have big imaginations though. Something that is a little odd is that the day after I put the first video on youtube I had goten home from the store and was putting away groceries and a man and women parked infront of my house claiming to be from a well known company in SF who was doing a catalogue of photos of regular people and they wanted to take my picture. This was wierd that these people showed up at my house. I did not take any picture, that was just too weird.Wierdos..
Ok, so I'm trying to get my husband to help me connect the video camera to the computer and post the video of the three objects that were lined up during August.

Goodmorning, Monique

I am sorry to trouble you with more questions, but as an experiencer myself I am wondering if there was any strange or anomylous activity in your house that you/husband or children noticed "while" the lights outside were being witnessed? It's very important to me that that little discrepency or seemingly trivial aspect get answered. Again, was there paranormal or otherwise strange activity going on in your house simultaneous to the appearance of the lights outside?

I truly appreciate your patience and understanding in this matter. If you are curious as to the nature of my line of questioning, please feel free to reciprocate the questioning back to me. However, although some of your experiences parallel my own they are not entirely the same but enough to warrant more information from you. Again, thank you kindly for any information you may have in this regard.

Cheers,

Erik

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 10:18 AM
link   
reply to post by moniquevas

Hello again, Monique

I realized you do not know me from Adam and it sounds like you have enough strangers asking questions already, I will put you at ease by divuldging one of my accounts.

You can read it here.

There is more to it but that is a start. If you recognize the scenario, then you know what questions to ask. Suffice it to say, it sounds like we are definitely experiencing similar phenomena.

Thanks again for your patience.

Cheers,

Erik

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Hello Flightsuit!

Nice OP. S + F'd. Sorry about sidetracking Monique there. I do not wish to highjack your thread so I will limit my current line of questioning with her to what I have already posted. Thanks and great find!

Cheers,

Erik

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by redwoodjedi

Hello Flightsuit!

Nice OP. S + F'd. Sorry about sidetracking Monique there. I do not wish to highjack your thread so I will limit my current line of questioning with her to what I have already posted. Thanks and great find!

Cheers,

Erik

You're very considerate, Erik, but it's not my thread. The whole point of Web forums in general, and ATS in particular, is to foster a free and open exchange of information and ideas. I'm a little pressed for time at the moment, so I've not yet clicked the link regarding your experiences, but I am very curious to know more, and I would certainly encourage you to add anything to this thread that you feel would be relevant.

Heck, with this type of subject, it sometimes helps to even include stuff you don't think is relevant, 'cause so much of the information our internal critics initially filter out can later prove to be very important.

If what we're talking about here is a new or ongoing case of contact/abduction in Livermore, that's very interesting, 'cause from what I've read in Whitley Strieber's journal, there's been a marked decrease in the number of "average folks" out there experiencing contact. According to Strieber, his observation is that the phenomenon has lately been much more reported by people involved in the sciences.

It would be interesting to know whether Monique or her husband are employed in scientific or high-tech fields.

I gotta run, but I will be reading about your experiences at my earliest opportunity.

One last thing:

Monique, DON'T FREAK OUT! I realize that where this discussion is going, and the implications of terms like "contact" and "abduction" could be very disturbing, especially in relation to one's children and family. If your family is experiencing something more than just sightings, rest assured that you're not alone, and there are a lot of resources out there which can help you arm yourself with information.

There are, of course, also a lot of kooks and BS artists involved in this field, so you do have to bring a healthy sense of skepticism to any info-seeking that you do.

That's one reason I love AboveTopSecret.com: There are plenty of open-minded, yet rational people here who will help you separate the wheat from the chaff.

[edit on 14-9-2009 by flightsuit]

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 07:18 PM
link   
I had never heard of shadow people. Is that ufo stuff or somethin else? I'm kinda religious and try to believe that theres nothing going on in my house because since I was young and lived in San Jose I have experienced odd things here and there and it doesnt matter where I live, but I try not to pay much attention to it. I could tell a few stories. Anyway, not much else happens when I see the lights they either stay for a few hours, move around or stay till the sun comes up. I useto normally wake up at 2 or 3 in the morning since I was like 15 and feel like someone is in the room watching me but theres no one there. I use to be a light sleeper. Now it seems lately like I crash out at 11 or 12 and sleep so good I cant even remember my dreams. Then I've been waking up at 5. About that wierd person they said they were doing work for the Levi's company. I found the guys card and it has his website www.anthonygeorgis.com
Maybe hes for real, but i thought his page is wierd.

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 07:43 PM
link   

I had never heard of shadow people. Is that ufo stuff or somethin else? I'm kinda religious and try to believe that theres nothing going on in my house because since I was young and lived in San Jose I have experienced odd things here and there and it doesnt matter where I live, but I try not to pay much attention to it. I could tell a few stories. Anyway, not much else happens when I see the lights they either stay for a few hours, move around or stay till the sun comes up. I useto normally wake up at 2 or 3 in the morning since I was like 15 and feel like someone is in the room watching me but theres no one there. I use to be a light sleeper. Now it seems lately like I crash out at 11 or 12 and sleep so good I cant even remember my dreams. Then I've been waking up at 5. About that wierd person they said they were doing work for the Levi's company. I found the guys card and it has his website www.anthonygeorgis.com
Maybe hes for real, but i thought his page is wierd.

Hello Monique

Thank you kindly for your frankness and honesty. I will question you no further on the matter. I appreciate your time.

Cheers,

Erik

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 11:50 PM
link   
Monique, very interesting stuff!

First of all, regarding Anthony Georgis's Web site:

It's certainly very edgy, with a lot of provocative words and imagery, which could easily be viewed in a disturbing light if one was so-inclined. My gut-level feeling about his site, however, is that we're looking at a perfectly legitimate example of an artist's online portfolio making some sort of artistic statement. I base this on the fact that I myself have been a performing artist, spoken-word artist, author, poet, and cartoonist, and have been around artists and photographers my whole life.

So on the one hand, a guy with a Web site full of pictures of young girls doing athletic things and bleeding or getting covered with mud could certainly make alarm bells go off in any parent's mind, but that's the nature of cutting-edge art: It's often challenging, and can make us uncomfortable.

My sense is that what this guy's created is a photo essay celebrating a women's sport and depicting some of the camaraderie and character that these young women are forging in themselves and each-other. So, like I said, his site is very edgy and challenging, but I don't think there's anything dirty going on here.*

Moreover, I don't think he's one of the "men in black." I would assume, since you brought it up, that you are familiar with the "men in black" lore surrounding the history of UFO sightings?

This whole thing with the photographer does illustrate how carefully one must tread when investigating and exploring these types of things. What you initially described about these weird people showing up immediately after you uploaded a UFO video sounds like classic men-in-black behavior, and it's just this sort of thing that the kookier elements of the UFO community will latch on to.

Tell your story to the wrong UFO fanatics, and they'll have you convinced you're being harassed by government agents or aliens masquerading as government agents!

Regarding the so-called "shadow people," that's a whole other ball of wax. Lots of people are convinced they exist, but there is no consensus as to exactly what "they" are. The gist of it is that it has something to do with a presence that you feel when nobody's there and/or the sensation that you're catching something or someone out of the corner of your eye, but then you look and nobody's there.

People have suggested all manner of possible explanation, including aliens, ghosts, and inter-dimensional travelers. I don't know how useful it is to speculate, however, 'cause it's all just conjecture.

I know from personal experience that pefectly mundane, non-paranormal brain chemistry issues can cause you to see "shadow people." I am a recovering crystal meth addict, and back when I was using speed, the combination of sleep deprivation and mind-altering drugs were a wonderful recipe for seeing shadow people everywhere out of the corner of your eye.

In fact, there are an awful lot of people in the speed-addict community who will tell you they see shadow people all the time. I have to wonder how much cross-pollination occurs between the speed freak and UFO communities.

Anyway, my point is that there could be all manner of neurological causes for seeing "shadow people." In fact, researchers have even demonstrated that just by stimulating a certain part of a person's brain with electrodes, they can consistently make people think that somebody's standing behind them watching them when there is, in fact, nobody there.

Keep in mind that if one does see or feel such things, and they're not paranormal in origin, that doesn't mean a person has a psychiatric disorder. It's quite possible for your brain and mind to be within the range of normal and you still have these types of perceptions.

Lastly, Monique, I'll send you a personal message on YouTube with my contact info, just in case you have any questions you don't want to ask publicly. I would definitely encourage you to keep on posting here so you can benefit from the wide variety of opinions and expertise, and so that everybody here can benefit from the info you're providing, but I want you to have the private question option also, just in case.

* Heck, you could easily get the wrong idea about some of the edgy, provocative "art" that I've uploaded to YouTube. Even in cases where I'm not deliberately trying to shock or offend my viewers, you can see that my drug abuse was affecting the quality and content of my videos. I'd say about 90% of the stuff I've uploaded was recorded while I was high. All I can say is THANK GOD I QUIT USING DRUGS!!!

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 07:39 PM
link   
I dont know why but I was having trouble finding this page. Yeah, I see what your saying about that guy. I just got a bad vibe and felt uncomfortable because he showed up out of nowhere to my house. Well maybe I missed out on a good opportunity, who knows, it wouldnt be the first time. Hey, I'm suprised that more people havent caught anything on video from the tri-valley area. About the shadow people, sounds a little strange. I know there are some wierd things out there though. I have always felt like someone is watching me but usually at night and I could just feel some presence on the side where i sleep.

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 10:38 PM
link   

I just got a bad vibe and felt uncomfortable because he showed up out of nowhere to my house.

Always trust your gut! If your intuition tells you something's wrong, it probably is.

You mentioned being religious, though you didn't say what religion. You might want to look into finding out if there's a reputable Catholic priest in the Bay Area who's qualified to advise you about hauntings, possession, or "demonic" activity, just in case that has something to do with what you're experiencing.

One excellent, nondenominational source of help that I can recommend is Psychic Horizons.

They're in San Francisco, really good people, and one of their specialties is helping you get unwelcome beings to leave your space. Check out their Web site, give 'em a call, or maybe even take advantage of their free Tuesday night readings/healing/introductory class.

They're not heavily into "the paranormal" per se, but they do have a knack for clearing troublesome beings out of your personal space or home, and they can also teach you simple techniques for being in a grounded, centered state, which will make you less vulnerable to intrusive beings.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join