It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

De ja vu, is simply you switching to a parrel universe

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 02:03 PM
link   
This is somewhat based off of a thread that was posted here a few days ago.
I'll quote a part real quick...

This would also suggest that if you were to get shot today, you're spirit would instantly transition out of this time line and into another one where the disaster was averted. There by you may see your own death and those people from that time line might witness it, but you will not remember it. It could be as little as a gut feeling you get that tells you to stay home or not walk into a store. That could be the indication that something happened in another time thread.

Sometimes the spirit takes the soul back a very long time. Often people will say that these people have "an old spirit" because they seem wise beyond their time.

In this vision, the process of being born again in the religious sense, is actually one whereby your spirit and soul has reached a point where it can be kept alive for ages. In other words, your time line as an unborn human being is only 120 years. After that, your spirit and soul is sent back to earth in another flesh.

the entire posting of above can be found here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

--------------------------------------my thought------------------------

1. What if De Ja Vu is simply you died?

Now this is based off the theory of parrell Universes. What if...in THIS universe we are in now. This moment of reality we're in now. When we experience De Ja Vu...what if we simply died. Now stay with me.
Say in this reality we are in now, whatever we are doing at that moment, and a weird strange De Ja Vu moment happens...it means that our soul/spirit just transitioned into a new universe, a new reality. That the one we were in, SOMETHING happened to our physical self where we died. Now think of the moments you have De Ja Vu. Perhaps your in the street walking, and you get it randomly and say wow...i feel like i've done this... i've been here? hmm..ok whatever...and you just walk on.
WHAT IF...at that moment in another reality, perhaps a car came up on the road and you were just killed?

I suppose this would mean you would have more than one soul, learning multiple lessons at the same time, in different universes. But what if say you die in one reality, and basically your soul/spirit jumps/shifts to ANOTHER Universe/reality...and that is simply all what De Ja Vu is?...

Another thing that made me think...We as a species recognize our true self's (for the most part). We can recognize we are separate from this body. THAT THIS BODY doesn't truelly define WHO WE...as a real soul...or person truelly is. That we are separate from this fleshy exterior. Now...how do we recognize a De Ja Vu happening? it seems as if, its the SOUL recognizing SOMETHING is different...that we have been in this reality, we have been in this moment before...Its weird how it ISNT OUR BODY...its our soul/gut feeling that tells our mind WAIT!!...look...we've done this before..i KNOW IT....perhaps this in a sense could be a supporting factor?

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Interesting concept.

However, I've had deja vu while watching TV in my home. I'm fairly healthy so unless a meteorite decided to bash my head in, I wouldn't have died. Aside from that, I really like this idea, it makes a bit of sense in a 'you can't remember your death or you will collapse the universe(s)' sort of way. Although, by being unable to recall your death, you probably missed out on the most important lesson you could learn in a life. (Don't wear dark colors and walk in the middle of the street at night, Dont make toast while taking a bath, Dont use a sword to itch your back... etc)

[edit on 10-9-2009 by fleetlord]

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Seeing that you're interested in this topic - as I am
- I'll repeat my usual caveat: it is very, VERY important not to jump to conclusions (in either direction). There are simply too many parameters that we are not familiar with; some are yet to be discovered!

(I hate to repeat myself, so I'll simply direct you to an earlier post of mine that is relevant to this topic.)

[edit on 10-9-2009 by Vanitas]

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 02:30 PM
link   
If you subscribe to souls living in different universes, then you'd have to subscribe to the idea that there are infinite universes, with infinite souls each dying and producing an infinite amount of deja vu experiences. Since I don't get an infinite amount of deja vu experiences, I'm left to conclude that the mechanism for deja vu would be something else entirely. ...come to think of it, I don't think I've ever even experienced deja vu.

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Your title really got me thinking about this...

But the proton also contains a roiling sea of "virtual particles" ? pairs of quarks and their corresponding mirror twins, or anti-quarks, that continually wink in and out of existence ?

www.nytimes.com...
I think your on to something here.

Perhaps we are moving back and forth between parallel universes constantly. Could it be that deja vu is what happens when one existence has paralleled another exactly? In other words, our many levels of existence could follow closely to each other, sometimes following the exact the same path. Just a thought.

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 02:41 PM
link   
I see someone has been watching the much advertised show Fringe haha. Though your concept is a little different from what the television show stated it is still interesting. The concept of de ja vu has always intrigued...but then again, a lot of things have.

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 02:42 PM
link   
I've always though of Deja Vu simply as you returning to the last saved place in a video game after you screwed up and died and/or started the game over.

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by sickofitall2012

Perhaps we are moving back and forth between parallel universes constantly.

I am not sure it has anything to do with deja vu, but Michio Kaku himself seems to be seriously considering this idea.
(As do I, for what it's worth.)

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by kaskade

Interesting theory you have there.

My question pertains to dreams, what I call "Deja Vu Dreams" where I dream something, and it comes true at a later date, exactly like the dream.

How is this a "parallel universe"?

[edit on 10-9-2009 by SpartanKingLeonidas]

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by paraclete1

All of the (many) deja vu experiences I remember - as well as those experienced by family members or friends (who told me about it) - happened in perfectly harmless, usually very relaxed and pleasant (and not particularly momentous) situations.
So this theory would imply that either a LOT of people, of all ages (including the very young), die of sudden death - or that their memory following this last "saved" (and usually not particularly significant) moment was somehow erased up to the point when they died.

Sounds unlikely.

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by paraclete1
I've always though of Deja Vu simply as you returning to the last saved place in a video game after you screwed up and died and/or started the game over.

Or if someone accidentally pressed the reset button

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 03:23 PM
link   
What an excellent thread. It has certainly got me thinking and something I had never connected with deja vu's.

Can't say I have had an experience recently, although a friend and my sister have.

And if Michio Kaku is considering this idea then there might be something in it...

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by YarlanZey

And if Michio Kaku is considering this idea then there might be something in it...

I was afraid that my comment might be misinterpreted (due to my clumsy wording)!

What I meant was, Michio Kaku also thinks there is a possibility that we might be jumping between "parallel universes" all the time. (This was in reply to the previous poster who expressed this idea.)

I never heard him say anything about deja vu.

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 03:38 PM
link   
probably the dejas vu are visions of another life that we could have in another dimension.
when we to dream according to me, we perhaps have visions of another life that maybe.......
we have in another dimension.
I am convinced that we contemporarily we live in this dimension and contemporarily in other dimensions

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by angrymomma
I see someone has been watching the much advertised show Fringe haha. Though your concept is a little different from what the television show stated it is still interesting. The concept of de ja vu has always intrigued...but then again, a lot of things have.

What show is this?

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpartanKingLeonidas
reply to post by kaskade

Interesting theory you have there.

My question pertains to dreams, what I call "Deja Vu Dreams" where I dream something, and it comes true at a later date, exactly like the dream.

How is this a "parrallel universe"?

ME TOO!!
i have had so many dreams that have "come true" and it was only after the "de ja vu" feeling happened i said...wow i dreamed this before...
thought iw as the only one.

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vanitas

Originally posted by sickofitall2012

Perhaps we are moving back and forth between parallel universes constantly.

I am not sure it has anything to do with deja vu, but Michio Kaku himself seems to be seriously considering this idea.
(As do I, for what it's worth.)

is there a vid. of some sort where he talks of this theory?

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by kaskade

Well, I know there is a TV programme where he expresses this idea (I have seen it), but I don't remember its title.

If I find anything relevant, I'll definitely post it.

P.S. And again, Kaku's words do NOT refer to deja vu, only to the idea (expressed here by another poster) that we might be jumping "parallel universes" all the time.

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by kaskade

I have been having these all of my life, well since I was at least six years old.

I only recently felt comfortable enough to influence and change the outcome.

So, I am not certain whether I agree with you on it being a parallel universe or not, but it definately is something worth talking about.

A glimpse of the future, perhaps?

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 04:39 PM
link   
This reminds me of the Many Worlds Interpretation of quantum theory, which says that for every quantum decision that must be made a new universe is created in which each possible outcome is realized. A sub-theory of the Many Worlds Interpretation is Quantum Immortality, which basically says that when you die, you immediately become aware of yourself in a different, parallel universe in which you didn't die.

For example, if you get shot in the head, there is a small, but finite probability that the bullet will quantum tunnel through your head and you won't die. In the universes in which you die you cease to be aware, so you are only "alive" in a universe in which you miraculously survive.

<<   2 >>

join