It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Teacher fined $1,450 for biting preschooler

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Teacher fined $1,450 for biting preschooler

www.msnbc.msn.com

CAEN, France - A French court has fined a preschool teacher $1,450 for biting the cheek of an allegedly unruly 4-year-old during a bathroom break.

The court in the Normandy town of Lisieux handed down the fine Wednesday over the March 2007 incident in the nearby town of Houlgate.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 01:10 PM
link   
What started as a light kiss of appreciation ended up in court.
The kid feeling undeserved moved abruptly causing a kiss turn to a bite -- according to the defense attorney.

The French have behaved very strangely since the Revolution and the beheading accidents involving Marie Antoinette . . .

www.msnbc.msn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 01:15 PM
link   

In keeping with French judicial practice, the court didn't identify the woman because she is still teaching.

WTF, is France heading down the same path the US Catholic Church took in regards to pedophile priests? Had this occurred in the USA, the outrage would be so massive that she'd lose her job, her license, be named as a defendant in a lawsuit against the school, the district, and the state, and quite possibly be harassed right out of town.

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 01:18 PM
link   
How in the world does a kiss turn into a bite by the child moving? Her mouth would have had to have been open and her teeth already on the kid's cheek.

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by LiquidLight
How in the world does a kiss turn into a bite by the child moving? Her mouth would have had to have been open and her teeth already on the kid's cheek.

Haven't you ever heard of French kissing? That's how I've always done it.

THE MORE TEETH THE BETTER I ALWAYS SAY.

But seriously, she bit him on purpose. She went a little bit crazy and now this. What the hell, she bit this kid and only got a fine? Oh well, I guess I am used to everyone suing everyone for everything in the USA, so when a good case comes along and nobody is getting sued, it's shocking.

[edit on 10-9-2009 by BaronVonGodzilla]

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Well, I know when my daughter was of preschool age she would bite all the time to show her anger or frustration. Other parents I spoke with said that it was common for them to experience the same with their preschool age children before they adapted to their new social environment and developed the proper social skills.

Although Child Psychologists strongly recommend against biting a child back who bites, this feral action does indeed work well as I can attest that my daughter never bit another person, nor myself again (although then again, I didn't bite her so hard as to leave a bruise! Yikes! Although need it be said that this method also works with dogs that bite too! *WINK*). Some children might learn by example, and some might learn by explanation, but some children do learn best from first-hand experience. What could be considered abusive treatment to one child may be an appropriate response to another child.

However, that isn't to say that the teacher was in the right. I would have been enraged had anyone else bitten my daughter for biting! (Let alone bruised my precious angel!) Maybe the Preschool Teacher should read this article on how to deal with Biting Behavioral Issues in Preschool Children.

Controlling Biting in Daycare

Still, could you imagine being bitten dozens of times a day by rug-rats? I don't think any of us who've been parents can totally blame the Preschool teacher if she snapped and bit back after being bitten as many times as they are. A monetary penalty rather than losing her job is an appropriate judgment IMHO.

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by LiquidLight

According to the defense, the kid appeared not to be comfortable with the kiss and started to move his head in disagreement. The teacher said, "What's the matter, Pierre?" The pronunciation of "Pierre" armed the teacher's mouth, and that was it.

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 09:37 AM
link   
REPTILS I TELLING YA THE REPTILS R COMMING

new topics

top topics

join