It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US warns Iran is nearing nuclear capabilities

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 03:07 PM
link   

US warns Iran is nearing nuclear capabilities

news.yahoo.com

VIENNA – The United States warned Wednesday that Iran is close to having the capabilities to produce a nuclear weapon, and joined major European powers in urging Tehran to "turn the page" and engage in dialogue to prove its atomic program is peaceful.
Glyn Davies, the chief U.S. envoy to the International Atomic Energy Agency, said the latest report by the nuclear watchdog shows that Tehran is either very near or already in possession of sufficient low-enriched uranium to produce one nuclear weapon, if the decision were made to further enrich it to weapons-grade.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Another new report on Iranian nuclear capacities. It's been a while since I've seen news like this, everytime I do, i worry that someone is pushing out these stories and reports in order to give people justification for beating the drums of war again.

A couple of years ago, I thought war with Iran was inevitable, but after a while I wasn't so sure anymore. I don't care at all if Iran have a nuclear power system, and I'm not especially worried if they have the nuclear bomb. We know that Israel are probably the only person in the region who there might be a risk of exchange with, and I think that the Iranians are not so stupid as to attack them, the Israelis wouldn't mess around if attacked.

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 03:32 PM
link   
If Iran builds a nuclear weapon Israel is gonna attack them. Netanyahu said if the US doesn't take care of Iran they will themselves.

This is gonna get ugly

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 03:56 PM
link   
I despise the timing of this.

Like this report couldn't of waited another week to come out?

*OUCH*! Another prod from the devils forked tail to remind us all it’s not safe out there, we shouldn’t have let our guard down, what were we even thinking to relax and take a breath without fear, ’Oh my God we’re all going to die’ and Wow, aren't’ we lucky to have Homeland Security to keep us safe!

barf

PEACE

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 03:50 AM
link   
this is Israelis output :

The United States has confirmed long-time Israeli intelligence reports that Iran is close to achieving the ability to produce a nuclear bomb. Less than a year ago, American intelligence officials dismissed Israeli claims as inaccurate.

In his first meeting with the IAEA since his appointment by U.S. President Barack Obama, Davies stated, “We have serious concerns that Iran is deliberately attempting, at a minimum, to preserve a nuclear weapons option.” Iran has maintained that its nuclear program is intended for peaceful purposes, but Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad also has stated more than once that the State of Israel should be annihilated.

U.N. to impose stiffer sanctions against Tehran to pressure it into cooperating, but Russia and China have objected. Both courtiers have invested billions of dollars in the Iranian nuclear plants, one of which is beginning to enrich uranium that can be used for a nuclear weapon.

In what may be a related matter, Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu reportedly flew to Russia on Tuesday on a secret mission, apparently over Russian arms deals with Iran and Syria.

The international community has speculated for more than a year on whether Israel will attempt a pre-emptive strike on Iran. President Obama has maintained that diplomatic strong-arming, economic sanctions and offers of trade benefits can persuade Iran to drop its uranium enrichment project.

link...

www.israelnationalnews.com...

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 04:13 AM
link   
i think we should all wear a rag over our heads and sew our wimens vagina together and make wimen as slaves to our every needs. sounds great , right girls? sounds great for the men, control, slavery sell or give your children away to the highest bidder to be married. cool aye, and you ask a woman over there , she likes it. massive slavery by their laws. wimen no power. hey, i know, let them have control over a nuke or two too. thats ok, right? they are good god fearing people, right. why not, lets do it. that way they can blow us all to hell.

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 04:20 AM
link   
reply to post by pudgeego

I think we should all wear a rag over our heads and sew our women’s vaginas together and make women as slaves to our every need. Sounds great, right girls? Sounds great for the men, control, slavery sell or give your children away to the highest bidder to be married. Cool aye and you ask a woman over there, she likes it. Massive slavery by their laws. Women no power. Hey, I know, let them have control over a nuke or two too. That’s ok, right? They are good god fearing people, right. Why not, let’s do it. That way they can blow us all to hell.

Don't worry I spellchecked it for you.

I get what you’re trying to say but I think the nuclear cat is out the bag on this one. There is no putting it away this time Iran will have its nukes or Israel will level the country. But that is just my opinion

[edit on 10-9-2009 by ashnomadonte]

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 04:33 AM
link   
Oh please please, can I make a one-liner post?

The Truth About Iran's Nuclear Program

new topics

top topics

join