It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

By November 1st 2009 ATS.com will be redundant...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 01:38 PM
link   
There has been so much talk and hype on this website recently centered around a "major, upcoming event" that is apparently likely to take place in either September or October this year. Most members of this site seem to be under the impression that the sh*t will hit the fan in the United States at some point during this month or next month. This is widely speculated to be some sort of terrorist attack or false flag operation, which will be followed by chaos, major political upheaval etc etc.

Anybody getting a sense of deja vu yet?

Well, I am. I have been monitoring this site on and off for a number of years now. I've lost count of the amount scare-mongering "predictions" of doom that I have read on this website. These predictions are always followed up by posts from other members backing up the OP, saying his prediction makes perfect sense, that they have "felt" something was up for a while, to stockpile food, run into the woods with a tent etc etc etc.

The amount of predictions on this site of upcoming terror attacks/false flag operations/chaos/war/political shenanigans or upheaval etc that have come true?

None.

Zero.

If you believed the members of this site with "military sources" and "gut feelings" who have posted "predictions" in the past few years; George W Bush would still be in office today have declared martial law, there'd have been numerous terrorist attacks in the US (and it's always centered on the US for some reason) and we'd be in the middle of some kind of civil war or nuclear war right now.

Unless I missed something...it didn't happen.

Which is why I can confidently state that the predictions of some kind of major event in Sept/Oct 09, which has been whipped up to a frenzy on this site recently, WILL NOT HAPPEN. I know nothing will happen because it has been posted on ATS, which now has the same credibility as a drunk, homeless man shouting gobbledegook on a street corner or Alex Jones.

Which brings me onto my next point: Alex Jones. His credibility has now hit rock bottom. Much of the material posted on this website comes from the mouth of Alex Jones. He is, whether you like it or not, a spokesman for the "conspiracy community". And he has been outed as a fraud and a hoaxer. How could anyone trust anything that Alex Jones has to say anymore? And by association, how could anyone trust anything posted on websites like this which (used to) hold Jones in such high regard?

It's sad, in a way, that a fine website such as this has descended into such farce and it is my opinion that when November rolls up and there is no sign of a terrorist attack or panic on the streets this, combined with Alex Jones' fall from grace, could signal the beginning of the end for ATS.

On November 1st, all those who shrilly cried for the masses to start stockpiling and preparing for war will be left with egg on their faces. As will those who claimed to have "sources" and those who backed up and help spread such paranoia and hysteria, who will be exposed as the kooks and paranoid fear-mongerers that they are.

As I said before, dozens of similair statements and predictions have been made on ATS before and ATS has continued on like nothing ever happened when the cut off date for these predictions passed without incident. It is my opinion, however, that ATS CANNOT simply continue to ignore such paranoid and frightening claims from Nov 1st on. It's not good for anybody and with Alex Jones being exposed as a fraud, it would be wise of the ATS management to act now before this site goes in the same direction.

Thoughts?

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 02:15 PM
link   
How come I can't give Lurch a star?

Oh, yeah. Line two. Didn't miss that memo.

[edit on 9/9/09 by Double_Nought_Spy]

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 02:16 PM
link   
End of the world predictions are nothing new, even if they're especially popular on ATS these days:

"Our earth is degenerate in these latter days. There are signs that the world is speedily coming to an end. Bribery and corruption are common."

Found written on a 4,800 year old Assyrian clay tablet

More here.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 02:20 PM
link   
I agree with you. From ATS I was following some post that led me to London and Telegraph where I saw Alex Jones name and one thing to another led me to this video. Please watch it and post your opinion.

AMERICAN HOLOCAUST !!! VERY IMPORTANT
[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mNPn2JLz7Jc&NR=1]THE COMING ]

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lurch

On November 1st, all those who shrilly cried for the masses to start stockpiling and preparing for war will be left with egg on their faces. As will those who claimed to have "sources" and those who backed up and help spread such paranoia and hysteria, who will be exposed as the kooks and paranoid fear-mongerers that they are.

Isn't this a prediction?

But now it won't come true cause you predicted it on ATS ...

You see the problem here?

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Thoughts?

Topics on ATS are member sourced.

Topics on ATS are discussed by members, because ATS is a discussion board.

If someone posts a prediction topic, and its a load of hooey, then the members call it such, and the site moves on.

Theres a focus point in what I'm saying, and its to do with "members"

If you think ATS needs better content then, rather than complaining about whats here, be the change you wish to see

[edit on 9/9/09 by neformore]

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

That and the fact that ATS serves a much bigger purpose that predicting Doom And Gloom. We are a part of community that analyse and deconstruct the news among other things as well.

Independant journalism craves places like this. Where different opinions and belief clash together to figure out the best possible outcome.

I doubt that ATS will change or become obsolete.

~Keeper

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by schrodingers dog

Isn't this a prediction?

But now it won't come true cause you predicted it on ATS ...

You see the problem here?

I'm way more inclined to follow the Church of Lurch prophesies than I am the poor track record of ATS doom and gloomers.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 02:27 PM
link   
I agree with you. From ATS I was following some post that led me to London and Telegraph where I saw Alex Jones name and one thing to another led me to this video. Please watch it and post your opinion.

THE COMING AMERICAN HOLOCAUST !!! VERY IMPORTANT !!!!!!!

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by venividivici

I'm way more inclined to follow the Church of Lurch prophesies than I am the poor track record of ATS doom and gloomers.

Sure, but following the church of lurch might anger the comeupins gods.

Anyhoot, the predictions aspect of ATS, be it of impending doom or a new dawn of spiritual awakening or both, are a tiny part of what goes on around here.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by charlie0

AMERICAN HOLOCAUST !!! VERY IMPORTANT
[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mNPn2JLz7Jc&NR=1]THE COMING ]

What the !

This is heavy #, if it was true. i am not sure. i mean if you wanna comit genocide there are cheaper ways.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Come November the same doom and gloomers will just recycle old doom and gloom or a new prophet will emerge and attract a new group of devotees and ATS will continue on as if nothing had ever happened. Which it didn't. But it might. We can only hope!!!!

[edit on 9-9-2009 by whaaa]

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 05:37 PM
link   
APPLAUSE

Ive been around for a couple of years now and I totally agree. I havent seen one prophecy come true yet, but Ive noticed the number of members believing these predictions increase, to the point where it is laughable.

Thank god for BTS....I love you BTS

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by OzWeatherman
APPLAUSE

Ive been around for a couple of years now and I totally agree. I havent seen one prophecy come true yet, but Ive noticed the number of members believing these predictions increase, to the point where it is laughable.

Thank god for BTS....I love you BTS

I feel the exact same way. Who knew so many like minded users were on ATS? Sadly it's already redundant. It's been like this for a while. Hundreds of plane-walkers, psychics, geniuses, time-travellers, and whoever else you can think of have always predicted some END OF THE WORLD event. Nothing happens. Sure the idiots flock to them but when nothing happens everyone just forgets about it. It's kind of funny.

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Funny how this thread has been moved from ATS to some obscure forum on BTS...

Denying ignornance is bad for business perhaps?

new topics

top topics

join