It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

9/11 education to be initiated in schools

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 11:21 AM
link   

9/11 education to be initiated in schools

www.usatoday.com

NEW YORK (AP) — Former Mayor Rudy Giuliani joined Sept. 11 family members and college professors on Tuesday at a hotel blocks from the World Trade Center site to unveil a plan to teach middle and high school students about the 2001 terrorist attacks.
The 9/11 curriculum, believed to be the first comprehensive educational plan focusing on the attacks, is expected to be tested this year at schools in New York City, California, New Jersey, Alabama, Indiana, Illinois and Kansas.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 11:21 AM
link   
History has always been written by the victors. Here we see ongoing and future disinfo on 911 going straight into our schools ensuring that two or three generations from now that the "truth" will be completely obfuscated and history will show that 911 occurred as per the 911 Commission Report.

Quotes from article:

- The curriculum was designed so that teachers could tailor it to their own classrooms, but it gives an open-eyed view of 9/11, Gardner said.

- "We're not sugarcoating the event," said Gardner, whose brother died in the World Trade Center. "We've included images that are challenging."

- Students and professors are invited to participate on a website developed around the curriculum, where they can share their own videos, lesson plans and ----discuss the questions raised in their classrooms-----

Given that such a high proportion of the population of the Western World do believe 911 was some kind of inside job OR that we are not being told the full story then hopefully parents and teachers who do not believe the 911 Commission Report may end up thrusting Charlie Sheens letter to POTUS into the hands of the kids who themselves can ask the same questions that CS poses.

Thanks

Bravo

www.usatoday.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit for clarity and grandma on 9-9-2009 by Bravo111]

[edit on 9-9-2009 by Bravo111]

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 11:31 AM
link   
This is going to be interesting to watch. Being in NY state I guess my grandchildren are going to be fed the kool aide, but I feel for that teacher when they open it up for discussion.

I wonder if how they are going to handle the many children that have parents that don't just swallow that bullcrap story. That is going to be a very interesting thing to watch. This just may backfire on them you know. When the kids start bringing information up that shows the holes in the OS, this just may open the eyes of the next generation. Wouldn't that be lovely!

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Yes, and I wholeheartedly agree with you!

Just tried to carry this over to the 9/11 conspiracy thread but am lacking the desired number of minimum posts at the moment. - Any volunteers?

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 11:40 AM
link   
If Giuliani is involved I can guarantee that it will be a pack of lies wrapped in shock packaging.

Please, dear Lord, let their be a reasoned response from the PTA to make sure they understand that propaganda and PR is not acceptable as part of the educational system .... oh wait ... it's too late. The Federal government runs the educational system.... [gnashing of teeth, rending of clothes, wailing and thrashing to follow]

"Terror, ...terror, ...terror, ...terrorist, ...9/11, ...91/11, ...terror, ...terrorist, ...attack, ...bomb, ...hijack, ...terror, ...terror, ...Al Qaieda ...Bin Laden, ...terror, ...terror, ....terror...."

- Giuliani, circa 2004

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 11:44 AM
link   
if they teach it in school, then i assume they are going to be giving them actual facts about how 9/11 was an inside job and our government started a war over a fake terrorist attack?

ha.. probably not. so i dont want them teaching my kids, if i ever have any, that crap.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 11:44 AM
link   
The history of space exploration and the Apollo Moon landings is taught as part of the modern history curriculum in the UK, and yet one third of the UK population now believe that the Moon landings were in fact a hoax.

Therefore I take the alternate position, believing that idiots even when presented with the truth - are still idiots, and are completely unable to discern between fact and fiction.

So don't worry, I expect the number of 9/11 loons will still increase as time passes by, and not decrease.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 11:47 AM
link   

The curriculum is taught through videos, lessons and interactive exercises, including one that requires students to use Google Earth software to map global terrorist activity.

One of the main goals is to help students entering middle and high school, who may been too young to have strong memories of the attacks, to develop a tangible connection to what happened.

No way. I'm not even a truther but do understand we don't know the whole story. Having kids scout out terrorist activity using Google Earth? This is propaganda waiting to happen.

I wouldn't mind them being told about 9/11 because we should never forget. But you just know the government is going to only cover the official story instead of presenting both sides of the equation. It's not meant to teach them about the story 'lest we forget.' It's meant to indoctrinate them into accepting the official story at an impressionable age.

Yikes.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 11:50 AM
link   
This is a good thing, this means that now 9/11 will match up with all the other lies, half truths and inaccuracies in children's history books.

We wouldn't want our kids getting confused, we know how important education is to the US today.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Retseh

I have to disagree with you.

The most formative years for children are from 0 to early teens. Here they have "authority figures" in their lives that they TRUST such as parents, grandparents and teachers etc.

It is well known that kids cannot often distinguish between fantasy and reality.

As such when "AUTHORITY FIGURE" states something as being TRUTH or FACT then child does not normally challenge this - it is NOT down to their STUPIDITY it is down to their VULNERABILITY and a lack of MORAL COURAGE OR RESPONSIBILITY, or IGNORANCE of said AUTHORITY FIGURE.

Thanks

Bravo

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Maxmars

"Terror, ...terror, ...terror, ...terrorist, ...9/11, ...91/11, ...terror, ...terrorist, ...attack, ...bomb, ...hijack, ...terror, ...terror, ...Al Qaieda ...Bin Laden, ...terror, ...terror, ....terror...."

- Giuliani, circa 2004

Reminds me of this

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Frankly, I figured that a lot of what I was taught in school, was half-truth at best, and took it upon myself to check out all the other angles and really learn for myself.

When exams came around, I'd just regurgitate all the school said, whilst grinding my teeth

Let's hope the next generation of pupils will be as astute...

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by redhead57
This is going to be interesting to watch. Being in NY state I guess my grandchildren are going to be fed the kool aide, but I feel for that teacher when they open it up for discussion.

I wonder if how they are going to handle the many children that have parents that don't just swallow that bullcrap story. That is going to be a very interesting thing to watch. This just may backfire on them you know. When the kids start bringing information up that shows the holes in the OS, this just may open the eyes of the next generation. Wouldn't that be lovely!

I have very similar thoughts. But unfortuantely the truth will probably be that there is little uproar or challenge. I went to school not so long ago, and the truth is, those who speak up or try and learn and not popular and are treated terribly.

I highly doubt anything more happening than our children being taught what we were taught in the weeks after the event. The official story, and NO TALKING, raise your hand if you want to speak and I will choose who reads and for how long.

Etcetera.

top topics

join