It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Market crisis 'will happen again'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Market crisis 'will happen again'

news.bbc.co.uk

The world will suffer another financial crisis, former Federal Reserve chief Alan Greenspan has told the BBC.

"The crisis will happen again but it will be different," he told BBC Two's The Love of Money series.

He added that he had predicted the crash would come as a reaction to a long period of prosperity.
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 9-9-2009 by Mdv2]

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Being partly the architecht of the current crisis, I have much trust when he says it will happen again. It was said on a Dutch TV show that there's a growing number of people confident in the economic prospects. In my opinion, it is merely the silence before the storm. What we have seen was a breeze, the real thing/hurricane is yet to come.

Call me a conspiracy nut job, but this man is a Bilderberger. Since I believe that Bilderberg wants to tighten control of the economical system, and hence the world, I am confident this entire economy collapse is a controlled demolition that must collapse before it can be replaced.

I can only say: use this precious time to prepare. Better prepared than sorry.

news.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 11:13 AM
link   
"The problem is you cannot have free global trade with highly restrictive, regulated domestic markets."

Having a One World Market/Currency would help, wouldn't it?

Although I don't think a total collapse will come, I do think some major reforms will be implemented.

[edit on 9-9-2009 by JasonT]

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 11:18 AM
link   

During the interview for BBC Two's The Love of Money series, the former Fed chief said the current economic crisis was a "once in a century type of event", and one that he did not expect to witness.

2008-1929= ?

That's not 100 years.

Edit: Never ever trust what this man says. He has his fingers in many a economic doomsday plot. He is EVIL.

[edit on 9/9/2009 by Tentickles]

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Mdv2

"The crisis will happen again but it will be different,"

That's like saying the Sun will come up, but the clouds will change

"They [financial crises] are all different, but they have one fundamental source," he said.

The Federal Reserve? Global elite

"That is the unquenchable capability of human beings when confronted with long periods of prosperity to presume that it will continue."

I'll tell you what happened, son. See, there's a bunch of idiots out there who weren't happy with what they had. They wanted a bigger house and materialistic things that they didn't even need. People with no money, who got loans to buy frivolous things they had no business buying...and these assholes just blindly started buying any stupid thing that looked appealing 'cause they thought money was endless

Randy Marsh

[edit on 9-9-2009 by Pockets]

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pockets
reply to post by Mdv2

"That is the unquenchable capability of human beings when confronted with long periods of prosperity to presume that it will continue."

I'll tell you what happened, son. See, there's a bunch of idiots out there who weren't happy with what they had. They wanted a bigger house and materialistic things that they didn't even need. People with no money, who got loans to buy frivolous things they had no business buying...and these assholes just blindly started buying any stupid thing that looked appealing 'cause they thought money was endless

Randy Marsh

[edit on 9-9-2009 by Pockets]

Heh.. they are both saying the same thing. When times are good, people will begin to believe that it is the norm, and anything else is an aberration.

And then they consume like nobodies business :-)

Greenspan never says exactly what he means. So you have to look at the other of what he might mean (no matter if you like him or not, it's just how he operates). In this case, he's saying...

Save up... a return to previous attempts at consumption vs saving of surplus will foment another crisis. Maybe he's also saying that he learned his lesson.

[edit on 9-9-2009 by HunkaHunka]

[edit on 9-9-2009 by HunkaHunka]

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by HunkaHunka

Yup, maybe the creators of south park aren't as dumb as people many people think

lines

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Of course there's going to be another financial crisis. The stockmarket goes up, the stockmarket goes down. It has been this way since its inception. If there's a great amount of detail as to when, why and how, now there's some information worth sharing. It must be nice getting paid for fortune cookie advice, how do I get that job?

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by saint4God

Make friends with Ayn Rand

:-)

top topics

join