It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Vatican Slammed on Abuse Comments

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2004 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Commonsense,
Very wise advice, indeed. My faith in the Church has not been challenged...just my faith in certain individuals. And, you are right about the supposed Anti-Christ.
As for the Latin Mass, I should have made my explanation more clear. You are completely correct in your explanation.
While I support Vatican II, I've been very turned off by the recent trend towards the more modernist versions of the Mass. We attended one Mass where they had interpretative dancers in leotards and a drum for music. I guess I'm somewhat old fashioned, but it lacked to solemnity and dignity of what I love about attending Mass.
joey
PS: Yes, the Bishop should be defrocked. He's still living in the Diocese owned 600,000 house and our new Bishop says he'll remain there "as long as he wants".

posted on May, 15 2004 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by joey
While I support Vatican II, I've been very turned off by the recent trend towards the more modernist versions of the Mass. We attended one Mass where they had interpretative dancers in leotards and a drum for music. I guess I'm somewhat old fashioned, but it lacked to solemnity and dignity of what I love about attending Mass.

They attempted something like this once at my parish - to a lot of complaints. It hasn't been ttried since. BTW, the Pope is against "liturgical" dance but it still shows up in many official Vatican events. The dance is fine, but outside of the Mass.

PS: Yes, the Bishop should be defrocked. He's still living in the Diocese owned 600,000 house and our new Bishop says he'll remain there "as long as he wants".

This kind of garbage is what will make it difficult to get the whole scandal thing behind us. If not defrocked, then maybe transferred to a remote monestary!

[Edited on 5/15/2004 by CommonSense]

posted on May, 15 2004 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Many major changes are slowly being implemented into the Church. This has many people leaving one parish for another. For example, the exclusion in some parishes of altar girls...the Lectors now having to sit with the audience and only move up to the ambo for there reading. This, in particular is seen as a means to remove women from the altar. Prior to last years' changes, women Lectors, held hands with the Priest as he said the "Our Father" and were given Holy Communion at the altar. All that is no more.
What does the CC have agaianst women.
They've been bashing women since Mary Magdalene walked the earth.
How can you respect a Church that say men are the preferred servers at Mass

Now, they are outlawing nonsecular (ie:Catholic music) and instituting a Latin mass on Sunday.
Does that mean no more God Bless America sung for the patriotic holidays ?

[Edited on 15-5-2004 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on May, 15 2004 @ 03:12 PM
link   

...the Lectors now having to sit with the audience and only move up to the ambo for there reading. This, in particular is seen as a means to remove women from the altar.

Actually this is nothing new. The lectors have always been required to sit with the congregation regardless of whether they're male or female. A lot of churches developed their own interpretations of VII which are actually causing a lot of today's problems. During Mass, only the priest, deacon or servers are allowed on the altar. Even lectors should read from an ambo somewhat removed from the altar. The problem with that is most altars today are too small.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join