It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alex Jones Has Finally Lost It--His Credibility And Damaged Ours

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Can we not make anymore Alex Jones threads today? We get it, the guy is a fraud. I've been saying that forever now.

Let's all keep this in ONE thread.

Thanks.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 11:51 AM
link   
the fictional interview is good for Charlie Sheen to show he is still involved in the Truth movement, and maybe other celebrities will take a look at it. But AJ saying this is the biggest news ever? That has to be some kind of joke, or maybe Alex Jones just thought having Sheen on would be that big, but AJ had Ron Paul and Chuck Norris on who is just as big as Sheen. And then misleading people by thinking it was true?

The only salvation that could come from this is if the media took the bait the way his followers too the bait. But I don't think they did.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 11:53 AM
link   
you know, ironically, this now IS the biggest news of Alex Jone's career. Whether he meant it to be a career killing move we'll have to wait and see, but yes, I think this is the biggest news ever.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Well, another disappointment; first the lame interview from Camelot with Pete Peterson......Which was painful to sit through.......nothing new was said that I already didn't know...

And now this 'hoax' from Jones......how disappointing.......

Oh well, two big disappointments in less than a weak..... things can only get better from here..

PEACE and LOVE..

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 11:58 AM
link   
I must say i am very disappointed at Alex after waking up to this non sence. "The Biggest thing ive ever done"...He just lost all creditability in my book and he just gave the MSM just what they wanted to discredit us EVEN MORE than they already have. Alex just lost me as a long time listener and member. Should have listened to all of you haters out there because you were right all along, he was in it for your money and nothing more. Sorry to say Alex but YOU ARE A POS.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

I don't follow Alex Jones (didn't know who he was) but I will say this. As soon as I saw the video about this upcoming event I knew it was some kind of publicity stunt. It just had "Stunt" written all over it and sadly I was right.

Lesson learned "Don't listen to hype."

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 12:01 PM
link   
The original, unaltered posting on InfoWars.com has been captured and is saved here: alex-jones-charlie-sheen-hoax.html

Thanks to ATS member getreadyalready for having the presence of mind to keep the original page open for posterity.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

Was there a drastic difference between the first the edited version which appeared later? Or was the disclaimer the only thing?

~Keeper

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 12:07 PM
link   
I can't believe the three headline stories on ATS are related to this BS. I bet AJ is really getting off on that. IMO, condense it into one thread and lock it - just like any other stupid hoax thread.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 12:07 PM
link   
I keep seeing people holding out some glimmer of hope that Jones will reveal some brilliant ace in the hole on his show today. Something that will piggyback off of this Charlie Sheen "interview" nonsense and set the world on its ear.

Please, let me know if that happens.

As it stands, Alex seems to have done nothing more than confirm all the worst possible assumptions about him. He is at best an opportunistic snake oil salesman and at worse a disinfo agent working for TPTB in an attempt to further marginalize the Truth Movement and any other cause he pretends to take up.

Those of you who are waiting for the brilliant second act of some imaginary rope a dope scenario are doomed to disappointment.

Sorry.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 12:10 PM
link   
I wouldn't go so far as to say AJ has damaged the credibility of ATS.

ATS doesn't need any help with that. Everytime someone gets on and says the attack in Iraq was the result of end of times ( insert bible passage ) it happens.

Everytime someone else pops out with I am an Alien or me and Bigfoot had lunch ....

Everytime someone says on THIS DAY ( names a date ) the world will end in nuclear holocaust, the US will slaughter its citizens, Barry O is really the antichrist and is gonna sell us up the river.....

Shall I go on????

There is good content to be sure

It just takes going through seemingly endless amounts of garbage to get to it. The bloody Beatles conspiracy keeps popping up for cryin out loud. Some of it is just tired. Anyone for Elvis lives????

Yea I know I can go darken some other website.

Just sayin

As if AJ would make any difference here....

( btw, to his credit, I never would have found ATS )

PG

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by pizzaguy

I did not mean he damaged ATS credibility, I meant our movement in general. The truth movement.

If this gets to the MSM, then all conspiracy theorists will be looked down upon even more.

~Keeper

link   
He as always done anything and whatever it took to get publicity, the guy has always and will always be a nobody, and never took serious. Anyone who took his big announcment serious should really question themselfs of why they even bother with someone like Alex Jones. Move on folks nothing here to see or hear, just another b/s move from a well known bi-polar guy with a microphone and megaphone.

[edit on 8-9-2009 by Mr_XIM]

link   
I bet a conspiracy theorist psychologist would have field day with this thread.

Isn't it common sense by now that whatever our first reaction is, we should internally debate it before we lose it? And then, we should debate the second opinion because it is trying to discredit the first?

Even beyond that, it is a fact of society that things do not get done by simply saying, "Do this and that." In fact, most people, and I would go so far as to say that people who post on ATS are not exempt -people do not do their jobs well, are selfish, 'take care of numero uno', and beyond that, want a reason for everything that suits only their selves!

Now, by they, I mean "we". Although, I pride myself in doing the best and most honest job I can. But then, I have pride.

Regardless, anyone with intelligence should realize that Alex Jones is experienced enough by now to know the consequences and is fully ready to accept them... and funnily enough, it will go as he expects.

So let's get to the root of it all -- Why does he WANT the result that is inevitable? Who or what profits?

Attention is precious, whether it be gold or oil.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

I have a question if I may ...

What do you think he we was thinking doing all this?
He must have known that any short term gain was going to cost him big time in the long term ... I mean people are seriously pissed right now and I'm personally calling him Blossom Jones henceforth.

Seriously though, what was he trying to achieve?

Or do we really believe that in his mind he really thought this was "the biggest news ever?"

There's something very odd about all this that doesn't seem to add up ...

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 12:26 PM
link   
This isn't a HOAX. It is just an actor putting together a play script using well known facts about the inconsistency in the OS of 9/11. The only HOAX is that Alex Jones believes this will make national headlines. I'm all for more people questioning the official story, but just because someone well known comes out and says something that is already in the public evidence doesn't make it a game changer.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Alex Jones as of RIGHT NOW is one of the Biggest Fraud's I have ever seen.

The only way out of this, is either offer a hearfelt Apology or come up with something really HUGE.

I implore all of you to Turn His Show Off.

If he wants OUR ATTENTION, then LETS GIVE IT TO HIM.

TURN HIM OFF.

It would seem that would be something that he would take notice of. Right now his web-site is just ignoring All the NEGATIVE FEEDBACK.

He is acting JUST LIKE THE MSM that he supposedly is against.

Shame on YOU ALEX.

[edit on 8-9-2009 by talisman]

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 12:30 PM
link   
This hoax is a travesty and who is Charlie Sheen? Some marginalized actor from Hollywood. What precedence or weight does he have to demand an interview with the President of the United States. Oh my goodness, the world stands still, Alex Jone's interviews the world acclaimed figure Charlie Sheen. That was a little sarcasm.

I mean really, does Alex think we are dumb trying to pass off this tomfoolery as hard breaking news? Someone ought to make a documentary about this recent ploy called the "The Alex Jone's Deception." Now that would be interesting because I am sure his background is not all lily white as he would like everyone to believe. People should just listen to his show for entertainment and do their own research. I have noticed that many of his sources appear to come from pretty shoddy origins and he packages and wraps them as news. Shame on you Alex Jones for trying to pass off this meeting with non-other than Charlie Sheen as groundbreaking news regarding the NWO, Globalists, and 9-11. He made like three good movies anyway. What a joke!

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 12:32 PM
link   
tothetenthpower,

Several people in my thread were using him as a credible source. It was only a matter of time until he got caught. What a piece of work he has become. Since I have always protested against him being used as a source, I do not have a reputation attached to his credibility. He is such a freak!

[edit on 8-9-2009 by Pathos]

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Anyone who reads or posts on ATS,has a "Mulder-esque" want to believe.I know I do.Funny that AJ chose to sell out his own ideals,for a few "hits" on his website,so he can sell a few more of his DVD's.Sad day for anyone who believes with NO proof and is waiting for it.Thanks Alex Jones for the NON important, over the top,BIGGER than life as we knew it moment.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join